PDA

View Full Version : Funding approved...Insurance pending.

Micah / AF1 Racing
09-25-2003, 09:19 AM
Well as of last night funding for our AF1Racing Project RSVR was approved and we are shopping insurance today. ...and waiting for the bike to get to the dealer....

I am quite excited....maybe I should ride it from South Carolina to Texas?

rsvmilleR1
09-25-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Micah / AF1 Racing
Well as of last night funding for our AF1Racing Project RSVR was approved and we are shopping insurance today. ...and waiting for the bike to get to the dealer....

I am quite excited....maybe I should ride it from South Carolina to Texas?

Congrat's!! Should be a fun way to break her in :D

Rossifumi
09-25-2003, 02:41 PM
God damn.

I must say, I really enjoy when you post. It makes me just want to crawl into bed with them. Keep up the good taste.

rsvmilleR1
09-25-2003, 03:41 PM
Thanks... I prefer to watch... until I'm invited that is :p

Micah / AF1 Racing
09-25-2003, 03:48 PM
My GF is a bit bi....but I am never even asked to watch. That means I get a lot of "get out of jail free" cards....for instance on my return from Holland this week she asked the inevetable question..."did I go to the red light district?" I explained I was too tired and dirty to be around anyone in that capacity....she says I should have anyway since I am not there in the RLD that often....hmmm

rsvmilleR1
09-25-2003, 04:19 PM
Micah, can you imagine the look on my face right now as I just read your post?

;)

GanjamanUSS
09-26-2003, 06:59 AM
:eek:

thats my face

and 2nd'ing what R1 dude said

raaaaaaaaaaaaaa

MilanMicah
09-26-2003, 09:28 AM
Everyone gives me that look....I suppose I am a tad on the lucky side.

Micah / AF1 Racing
09-27-2003, 10:43 AM
The bike is now set aside for us and the shipper....we got a great deal from James at Scootopia in Kentucky, a special thanks to him for helping make this project possible. It is almost going to be a total shame to tear it apart the moment break in is finished and start shipping out all the stock stuff to be duplicated in race glass and carbon fiber....oh well it will be nice for a week or two.

clarkie49
09-27-2003, 11:45 AM
sweet dude!

i will race you to 150hp :D

Scootopia....arent they a scooter only dealer?

how did you get a factory from a scooter shop? or did you get the bike from Frank and James shipped it to you.

clarkie

Micah / AF1 Racing
09-27-2003, 03:51 PM
Scootopia is a full line dealer now...or at least they will be in the near future...these were their first big bikes I think. It was a deal I could not refuse.

clarkie49
09-27-2003, 04:26 PM
rock on!

do you mind telling us all how good the deal was :D

clarkie

Micah / AF1 Racing
09-27-2003, 06:23 PM
I can't really, that would not be right. We do a lot of business with James and lets just say this was a very nice "thank you" from him to us.

Clarkie, the race is on. I would like to see 125bhp on our dyno which would be about 145-150bhp on your dyno. I honestly think this is an easy target now that we have the additional 1000 rpm to work with. In addition to the rpm, this bike will be set up for proper fuel....and who knows once the ecu is unlocked it may even get my version of shower injectors or some craziness like that. Another item I have been thinking a lot about lately is variable length inlet tract like used on the new MV and all F1 cars. After seeing these systems in person I think it not too hard to make my own.

Micah / AF1 Racing
09-27-2003, 06:28 PM
The idea is simple...allow the resonant length to change as rpm dictates....in this photo the stacks are in the low rpm setting.

Micah / AF1 Racing
09-27-2003, 06:28 PM
And as rpm increases the stacks go down. The motor in the pics is a Ferrari F1 motor from the mid 1990's.

amp
09-29-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Micah / AF1 Racing
The bike is now set aside for us and the shipper....we got a great deal from James at Scootopia in Kentucky, a special thanks to him for helping make this project possible. It is almost going to be a total shame to tear it apart the moment break in is finished and start shipping out all the stock stuff to be duplicated in race glass and carbon fiber....oh well it will be nice for a week or two.
Congrats on the new bike, i live about 1 mile from Scootopia, i drive by everyday and just last week i saw a 04 Mille R Factory sitting in front of their store.
It is good to hear that they are now a full line distributor. If you are getting the black Factory they have now, i would be glad to pick it up and bring it to you! :D
I was actually planning a ride to the dealer in Lexington KY this weekend to see one of the new mille's and now i can just go up the street. I figured that was someones personal bike.