PDA

View Full Version : New clocks for Factory

ninja_fox
01-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Pulled my bike out of the garage to get it checked out before I take it into the dealers to get the fork seals replaced & when I was putting it away I noticed that there was a crack on the glass for the rev counter.

It hasn't been hit with anything as it has lived under a blanket for the last couple of months an I know that it was fine before then so I'm going to try to get it done under warranty with the forks.

However, if they won't do it I know someone who has a spare set of clocks (for a price) rather than pay full retail.

The question is do the clocks have all the coding info etc linked to the keys or is my 05 factory too old to have all of this fancy gismometry. Don't want to change them if I can't get it to start afterwards!

amauri
01-19-2007, 12:32 AM
No coding is stored on the clocks for the 04-07 RSVR, just swap it out and nothing to worry about.

2fast4you
01-19-2007, 12:38 AM
Same thing happened to me last month. Rode my 04 rsv to work and when I came out there was a crack on the speedo face. Should be covered under warranty. Good luck!

RZRob
01-19-2007, 10:56 AM
Same thing happened to me last month. Rode my 04 rsv to work and when I came out there was a crack on the speedo face. Should be covered under warranty. Good luck!

So what, like are these things freezing to death or what? I fried guages on my 250, but that was due to bad battery all the time. The tach freaked out. Are your's expansion cracks or something?

RZ Rob

ninja_fox
01-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Like I said mine has been in the garage for months under a blanket & we haven't really had any frost yet this winter...

Dunno what's happened!