PDA

View Full Version : Top Box Badges

CeeBeeA
01-16-2007, 08:13 AM
Guys,

My Strada has the larger of the two optional Aprilia top boxes for commuting back and forward to work. Some low-life sod had stolen the silver 'Aprilia' badge from the top of the lid and the silver oval 'Lion's Head' badge from the rear of the lid. I'm sure the boxes are made by Givi but I cannot find anyone who can replace these two badges.

Has anyone got any clues ?

My dealer gave his usual shrug and said he didn't know where he could get any !! He even suggested that I could consider buying a new top box at 130 !!!!!!!! Really helpful......not !

I would appreciate it if anyone has any ideas or if you could check with their local dealers next time you are in, as mine is next to useless.

Cheers
CeeBeeA

rodrigo
01-17-2007, 07:17 AM
Not sure if that'll work, but have you checked in aprilia.com? Maybe you can order them via internet.

CeeBeeA
01-17-2007, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I tried the website but nothing was listed. The dealer could not find anything on the official Aprilia system. I think that is because the boxes are made by Givi and not actually by Aprilia themselves. Maybe I could try Givi directly ?

:bangwall:

CeeBeeA

gabriel_af
01-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Hey CeeBeeA,

I have the same box and my badges simply fell of, so maybe the same happened to yours.

Shoddy workmanship from Aprilia there!

...wouldn't be the first time though....