PDA

View Full Version : Advice on a chain

RDBUL
01-11-2007, 09:37 AM
I am going to be replacing the chain on the bike, and was wondering if anyone had any advice on the chain I should get. The sprokets are still in good shape. They were replaced last year. thanks.

amauri
01-11-2007, 09:44 AM
RK-XSO and DID-VM2 are very good, no need to spend extra on shinny gold ones, it's just going to get greasy again.

ckruzel
01-11-2007, 05:51 PM
i've always changed the chain and sprockets together, unless the sprockets are like new with no wear

derrickhackman
01-11-2007, 06:08 PM
:plus:

Yeah change everything at same time ....

hank
01-11-2007, 06:11 PM
i've always changed the chain and sprockets together, unless the sprockets are like new with no wear

DID Racing ERV 525 Gold X-Ring Chain

AF1 sells them right here in the Shop Online section - don't skimp on the chain; top quality, lasts a long time and only needs a quick wipe of WD-40 to keep it clean as the X-ring is internally lubed for life*.

* OK, a good chain wax/lube helps if the bike is in a wet or salty environment.

amauri
01-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Take a close look at MGP and WSB race bikes, they don't have shiny gold chains.

Plated chains are not as strong as plain, unplated chains.
However, this is really not an issue because most top quality chains are so strong that it makes no difference, unless you don't take care of it.

ckruzel
01-11-2007, 09:30 PM
although some superbike teams use the colored EK chains, but stay away, i knew three people that used them, 2 ended up needing left engine cases where the broken chain punched a hole in the case

bascially most teams will use whats given to them, even if color whatever is modified

carloshugo
01-12-2007, 04:06 AM
Where are my stickers Ckruzel? The blue aprilia stickers 230 $ never arrive to Spain.
Did you spend my money happinest?
Sincerely,,,,,,Carlos:pissed:
:shooter:

derrickhackman
01-12-2007, 06:42 AM
Carlos, send a PM or email next time ... no need to a public bashing :WTF:

hank
01-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Carlos, send a PM or email next time ... no need to a public bashing :WTF:

Well stated D-Man... (hey, I needed to get 10 characters for the post to stick)

ckruzel
01-12-2007, 03:33 PM
was that the ones that you requested ups only? because i found out the ups guy walked over to the post office and sent them regular mail (some deal) contact me to work it out. i'll replace them

kostas
01-13-2007, 04:35 AM
CHRIS SOMETHING DOdGY smells here
carlos ckruzel is the most honest guy that i ever meet i order also allot of decals like you and everything was sent to me in perfect condition so are you sure that you dont receive them and also what this mate that you writing for ckruzel on a public view :WTF: :WTF: :WTF: :WTF: :WTF: you can send him a p.m or an email :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall:

Jack_RSV
01-13-2007, 09:02 AM
i've always changed everything (chain and sprockets) together, even if the sprockets are brand new or whatever.

:cheers: