PDA

View Full Version : I love my R!

ChrisSK
01-07-2007, 11:00 PM
Well guys, after getting my RSV shipped to me back in Decemeber, I was finally able to take her for a ride this weekend.. I live in Connecticut (USA) and the weather here this time of year is normally mid 20's, the roads normally have sand and salt on them by now, and generally snowy. This winter has been abnormal with no snow in sight, and warmer conditions.

Yesterday it was 68* and sunny, so after work, I had to jump on the bike and take her for a ride. I rode with my buddies RC51 and another friends Hayabusa.

My old bike was an 03 RSV Mille. I can't even begin to describe what a difference it is jumping onto this bike. It handles so much better, it accelerates, it's engine seems to be much smoother, and the trans shifts so damn nice. I was tickled when I was wide open down the highway shifting into third and the front tire coming up off the ground!!! That NEVER happened with the 03. The RC51 normally had me by 3 or 4 bikes with my 03, well now, the difference is amazing, we are side by side, my bike will out accelerate his through 3rd, but then he catches up in 4th but is not able to pass. I'm insanely impressed. I also raced the Busa, well, that was just dumb as he decided to just destroy me on the straights, but come the twisties, the RSVR shows it's colors.

I'm absolutley in love... And was able to rack on the bikes first 200 miles this weekend.. Sad to see that 1 mile go away, but I can see adding a few zero's to that number this year.

- Chris

RSVR Buncey
01-08-2007, 05:01 AM
Hi Chris,
Glad your enjoying it, ivr recently brought a 2005 rsvr and feel pretty same way you do. Winter is very mild for us so far this year too must be the global warming still not had frost or snow so ive managed to rack up 500miles in the last 3 weeks. Roll on summer.

derrickhackman
01-08-2007, 07:57 AM
sweeeeet :cheers:

the weather up here sure has been nice. if you feel you clutch going away just remember you may need to bleed it (I am preempting another 'why does my clutch not work' thread). AF1 may have sorted it out for you though.

I ran my bike in the garage on the stands if that is any consolation and put some fresh fuel with more sta-bil on the tank... and waxed the fuel tank (again)...

ChrisSK
01-08-2007, 10:29 AM
sweeeeet :cheers:

the weather up here sure has been nice. if you feel you clutch going away just remember you may need to bleed it (I am preempting another 'why does my clutch not work' thread). AF1 may have sorted it out for you though.

I ran my bike in the garage on the stands if that is any consolation and put some fresh fuel with more sta-bil on the tank... and waxed the fuel tank (again)...

Hahah.. Thanks for the heads up on the clutch, but so far it seems fine. Not sure what I would want to change on the bike.. Everything seems so good, I don't want to ruin it.