PDA

View Full Version : Odometer resets itself

RSVR Buncey
01-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Hi, Whilst fitting a new higher amp battery to my 2005 rsvr, the usual mph going to kph and temp to celsius resets occured as soon as i disconnected the battery no prob there but my odometer has also reset to 00000miles, this concerns me as my bike is still under warranty and all service history shows 7000miles so when i come to sell the bike the mileage re-set could put new owners off. Is there anyway to recover my correct mileage.
Any help greatly appreciated, Thanks

smrst45
01-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Mine just did that for the second time yesterday,when I swapped out the battery. WHOWHOOOO brand new bike again!!! Good thing I always write down the mileage.

BB1000
01-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Its a well known fault on the 04/05 models.....the 06 model is supposed to have fixed the problem

No way to get the mileage back but if you dont want it to happen again you have to get an 06 dash......your bike is under warranty so get it done know

Bobb
01-06-2007, 02:51 PM
What's the old saying.."don't look a gift horse in the mouth" ?

RSVR Buncey
01-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the replies glad to know a new dash sorts it and i will see my gealer monday see if i can get it done under warranty (should be fun)

THMhome
01-07-2007, 04:43 AM
Thanks for the replies glad to know a new dash sorts it and i will see my gealer monday see if i can get it done under warranty (should be fun)

Good luck :) In august my clutch MC started failing and I reported it to the dealer (btw, bought the bike in june) in late september the rear brake started failing and I also have the ODOmeter reset problem.
But they still havent recieved any parts from Aprilia! :bond:

But, Lucky me..... The winter will last atleast 2 months still, so they have time before the new season.

Hopefully it will go alot easier for you :worship:

RSVR Buncey
01-07-2007, 05:04 AM
Sorry to hear mate hope you get the parts in time for summer, a lot of people seem to have to wait a long time for parts not good enough is it!:fangs:

dsgfh
01-09-2007, 01:35 AM
You didn't hit 88mph did you on your last ride? It sounds like you've triggered the flux capacitor. The bike's time travel circuit comes pre-programmed from the factory to take you back to the date of manufacture so you can watch your baby being made... Unfortunately b/c there was no room on the dash after they included the gear position sensor, there's no way to reset it.

novos
01-09-2007, 01:38 AM
aprilia wont replace my Mr. Fusion, since my warranty expired. :pissed:

Fucking Mr. Fusion. I have to find my 1.21 jigawatts elsewhere.

bartho
01-09-2007, 03:40 PM
I ask mine in may 2006 under warranry. Still waiting on it.
I think I can forget it. Do not disconnect the battery anymore.

RSVR Buncey
01-09-2007, 05:58 PM
You didn't hit 88mph did you on your last ride? It sounds like you've triggered the flux capacitor. The bike's time travel circuit comes pre-programmed from the factory to take you back to the date of manufacture so you can watch your baby being made... Unfortunately b/c there was no room on the dash after they included the gear position sensor, there's no way to reset it.
:funnypost
Yes i did hit 88mph that must be the prob, cheers mate. Why is none of this in the manual!

smrst45
01-19-2007, 05:44 PM
Took my bike into the shop yesterday because my odometer reset for the second time. The first time the dealer did it when they were working on my bike, the second time happened when I was changing the battery last weekend. I am trying to get the 06 dash under warranty......I'll let you guys/girls know how things turn out.

Has anyone with an 06 RSV had any odometer reset issues?

MDRSV
01-19-2007, 11:22 PM
Fucking Mr. Fusion. I have to find my 1.21 jigawatts elsewhere

hey thats gigawatts..or a million watts....jigawatts is a ghetto term for how bright yourrz grillz bee

fusebox
01-22-2007, 04:45 PM
No fix fella!

warranty mate! and i know your bikes still in aint it!

Hows yer bike runnin???

Fusebox!

novos
01-22-2007, 04:53 PM
hey thats gigawatts..or a million watts....jigawatts is a ghetto term for how bright yourrz grillz bee

look it up. jigawatts is an accepted phonetic spelling of the word, smartpants. :)