PDA

View Full Version : attitude

wadham
09-23-2003, 11:29 AM
Does any one else get this bad feeling when they jump on the Tuono and fire it up.

I ride up the road from my home to the main road, with the lumpy but smooth V twin motor, firing up beneath me (at low revs here, due to the Remus exhaust) , the wide bars making my arms stick out like a supermoto/motocrosser and the aggresive racing position of my legs. I am waiting for the first chance to rip open the throttle and make the thing bark.

This bike has so much attitude, it is so different, it draws looks wherever I park it. It just begs to be put down the twistiest back lane I can find and be flicked from side to side.

I just feel like a hooligan the moment I ride this thing. Is something wrong with me - please tell me the effects are worldwide and not just affecting me.

Steve.

:p

BigGlen
09-23-2003, 12:58 PM
I'm amazed by the attention I get at rest stops at the local twisties on Sunday mornings. Guys walk over, totally ignor my buddy's modified RC51 or other buddy's Monster or GSXR***, and thoroughly check out my ride asking all sorts of questions etc.:D

008man
09-23-2003, 01:27 PM
Try a Tuono Racing for drawing crowds! Every time I park, I get a little gathering, and they hang around waiting for me to leave.. makes me nervous to have an audience like that!! It's like they are all hanging around expecting me to tear out of there on one wheel! (which i can't and wouldn't dare trying untill I learn on something less expensive!).

BigGlen
09-23-2003, 01:40 PM
The pressure!:eek:

speedy2003
09-23-2003, 01:43 PM
i have the same problem with my touno racing everytime i ride it feels like riding a big supermoto, normally only manage about a mile before its on the back wheel, only problem is keeps filling air box with oil have fun and stay safe

Pimmie
09-23-2003, 03:50 PM
The same phenomen in Holland...

Draws crowds and expectations... :D

Speedy, the airbox filling up due to the wheelies??
Apparently, my Tuono is filling the airbox while riding and dumping some of it through a leaky connection with the crankcase breather on the left side of my engine...

I took her to the shop last week to have it checked out and for the 1000 km service but she's still dripping, not much but still...

speedy2003
09-23-2003, 04:06 PM
pimmie not sure if oil in the air box is down to wheeling. it looks like its coming from breather tube in rear head i know ducati have that problem when they spend alot off time on back wheel maybe its something else if you have same problem

ApexMolester
09-23-2003, 09:17 PM
HI-Revs over a long periods will dump oil into the airbox!

Pimmie
09-24-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by ApexMolester
HI-Revs over a long periods will dump oil into the airbox!

I'm still in the run-in period, I haven't taken it over 6K RPM yet....:(

pan
09-24-2003, 01:33 AM
same here, the bike draws lots of attention everywhere i go. when i ride i get this unbelievable urge to wheelie. this bike definitely gets my blood boiling...

M747gm
09-24-2003, 09:44 AM
Hey Pan, how loud is the leovinci slip-on? I'm looking for a little bit louder can, but don't want to rattle windows.

pan
09-24-2003, 10:21 AM
well, it is a loud slip on but i do not rattle windows. The 'small' leovinci slip on is the loud one. I occasionally get some car alarms to go off but since i hardly work above 5000-6000 rpm in the city it is not a problem. For me, the noise level is just right, maybe a little on the high side depending on my mood. I have compared it to the akra slip on and they seem to be the same size and about the same noise level.
It does not produce the awesome bass sound of my S4 (i am trying to sell it) with the carbon leovincis but in head to head comparison, this and the passenger seat comfort are the only categories the S4 betters my tuono.