PDA

View Full Version : Flapper again

Graal
01-02-2007, 07:21 AM
Hello,

i'm a new member here. I used the search function, but still didn't understand what is flapper and where it is and what does it do, when i disable it? Could you tell me little bit more? I own 2006 RSV 1000.

Sorry for the dumb question and don't hit me very hard :)

Regrads, Gunnar
from Estonia

marsie
01-02-2007, 07:50 AM
hi graal

welcome to the forum...

well the flapper is in the air intake inbetween the head lights it's use on a standed bike is either for intake noise reduction or something to with low down tourqe either way it's a big peice of plastic that slow's air from getting to the engine and from what i've read on the forum once removed it help's the bike brethe alot better which can't be bad...

ps:great place estonia was there just 6 months ago loved it...:cheers:

Bobb
01-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Derrickhackman just held my hand through it so ill try and share. It is a little "trap door" inside the intake snorkel controled by the brass looking think on the right side of the intake under the fairing (behind the headlights). There is a hose that runs to it (black hose to the brass piece). I unplugged the blackhose from the brass piece and put a bolt in it then ziptied the hose around the bolt. After doing it i did feel like an idiot as it was soo easy to do. Some people remove the entire device and tape over where the brass piece is/was on the intake, but im far too lazy for all that.

ChicagoFactory
01-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Unless you're racing, I would just plug it with a bolt or ball bearing like Bobb said. It's VERY easy to do.

Graal
01-03-2007, 07:49 AM
Thank you,

now i will attack my bike :)

troski
01-03-2007, 03:30 PM
G'day,Did any of guys notice a loss of low to midrange torque,flatspots or anything like that after removing valve.
Also a friend suggested valve may help maintain airbox vacuum for slipper clutch operation,is this possible?
If there's no major side effects mines coming out to!

spoonz
01-03-2007, 04:26 PM
I didn't really notice much change with or without it connected to be honest.
A Dyno might show the difference more clearly but it's not night and day.
It certainly had no negative effect so i left it disconnected and it's free even if it gains 0.00001 hp

troski
01-03-2007, 04:36 PM
Thanks Spoonz-one more thing,can I remove the thing that looks like a solenoid valve and hoses without the computer noticing and just plug up hose going to engine?

Bobb
01-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Thanks Spoonz-one more thing,can I remove the thing that looks like a solenoid valve and hoses without the computer noticing and just plug up hose going to engine?
You can, but you have to take out the actual "trap door" that it is attached to inside the snorkel (ie take appart the snorkel as well).

troski
01-03-2007, 04:46 PM
....cool!....