PDA

View Full Version : bike storage

alcamy
12-31-2006, 01:03 PM
As i live in Scotland the old bike is going to be sitting idle for quite a few months.I was wondering should i be turning the engine over every week or so or not.I have heard arguments in the past for either option.

Gorf
12-31-2006, 01:41 PM
As i live in Scotland the old bike is going to be sitting idle for quite a few months.I was wondering should i be turning the engine over every week or so or not.I have heard arguments in the past for either option.

When I winterize any of my bikes, I always go out and start them about once a month or so. But mostly follow the standard procedures, fill the tank up, add some fuel stabilzer, and remove the negative terminal from the battery, or hook it up to a trickle charger like a Battery Tender. There are other things I do, but those are really the most important; protect the fuel system, and protect the electrical sytem.

ckruzel
12-31-2006, 02:20 PM
i don't do anything other than start it every couple of weeks, be sure to let it idle for about a half hour or so to get any condensation out of the oil. i've never used a fuel stabilizer and never had any problems