PDA

View Full Version : 150 miles in December in Pittsburgh!!!!

jmarnell
12-30-2006, 09:59 PM
Wow... can you believe it!!! It was sunny and 56 degrees in Pittsburgh today. Changed my oil and filter, put in the new Evo race airbox kit Friday and put 150 miles on her today. What a way to end the year.

Riding like this in December made me think how great it must be to own an ape in So Cal where you can ride 12 months a year. Here in Pittsburgh, it's pretty rare to get to ride between December - February but every now and then, God smiles down on us.

Anyone care to tell us their coldest riding experience? I'm sure there are many of them and it won't be long before I convince myself that 39 degrees and sunny isn't too bad to ride ;-)

Happy New Years to all and be safe in '07

Gorf
12-31-2006, 01:55 AM
On the Beemer I did about 400 miles and my trip computer said my "high" for air temperature was 26F. Recently the weather has been cold, but only a couple days have found it unridable do to ice and snow. And in less then a week even that won't be an issue when I get my new Ural with sidecar. YAY

Fanatic1074
12-31-2006, 02:04 AM
6F was not fun, but i had to get out on the bike, ride was about 45 min long, then i couldent feel my legs lol.

ckruzel
12-31-2006, 02:44 PM
weather in the northeast has been great, my tire is shot though so no riding for me until spring

jmarnell
12-31-2006, 02:54 PM
:devil:
6F was not fun, but i had to get out on the bike, ride was about 45 min long, then i couldent feel my legs lol.

6F!!!! Holy shit, I hope where you were going to meet her made the trip worth while ;-)

Arnie
12-31-2006, 03:10 PM
Riding like this in December made me think how great it must be to own an ape in So Cal where you can ride 12 months a year.

Yes, it's great here. :)

racerr900
12-31-2006, 05:09 PM
Joe,

I tried to get out yesterday and ride, but I was tied up with side jobs detailing a Mack truck. That sucked!! The guy I sold my CBR to was going riding and I really wanted to get out on the RSV, but I had prior commitments. Considering I got to ride Thanksgiving weekend, and December 16th, I'd say I still got some good riding in late in the year here in the Burgh. Have a good New Year. Will get in touch with you just before the Cleveland Cycle Expo. We are staying the night up there to do some partying.

Kevin Stover.

jmarnell
12-31-2006, 05:20 PM
Kevin,

I'm always up for some partying ;-) Let me know your plans and we'll hook up at the show.

Looks like we can do some riding next week. Weather supposed to be in the low 50's again Monday - Thursday with just a slight chance of rain. Hopefully, the weather mans right.

ghedunk
01-01-2007, 07:10 AM
550 miles in NJ this week. That was good. Hoping to ride to bike show on 19th. Hoping the snow holds off.