PDA

View Full Version : my beauty has pissed me off yesterday

Jack_RSV
12-25-2006, 01:02 PM
I mounted the xenon light, do you remember!?
xenon headlights (http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99492&highlight=xenon+headlights)
Ok, yesterday I went out w/ her and when I turned her on again...:WTF:
...just nothing...:bangwall:

Ok I turned her up with cables and I brought her to my best friend house's (last 1/4 mile on foot :soap:) but EFI and the - ! - appeared...
tonight I recharged the battery and she turned up again but I can only bring her to my mechanic to mount the original lights again (due to electrical problem).

I think to buy another battery (a little bit powerful) but I think I can fry everything...

I notice that the Aprilia's electrical system is very delicate

what do you experts think?!

nashma
12-25-2006, 01:09 PM
Bugger!

When the bike is running, check the charging rate on the dash. It should be around 13.3 volts.
Also, get the battery discharge rate checked in case it's a dud. Maybe you've lost some battery acid since they lay on their side (happened to me).

Do you have an alarm on the bike? If so, maybe disconnect it to rule that out as a possible cause.

Good luck.

dragan
12-25-2006, 02:36 PM
I mounted the xenon light, do you remember!?
xenon headlights (http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99492&highlight=xenon+headlights)
Ok, yesterday I went out w/ her and when I turned her on again...:WTF:
...just nothing...:bangwall:

Ok I turned her up with cables and I brought her to my best friend house's (last 1/4 mile on foot :soap:) but EFI and the - ! - appeared...
tonight I recharged the battery and she turned up again but I can only bring her to my mechanic to mount the original lights again (due to electrical problem).

I think to buy another battery (a little bit powerful) but I think I can fry everything...

I notice that the Aprilia's electrical system is very delicate

what do you experts think?!

HID's actually draw less power once fired ... maybe the kit was defective ? ... or u could be grounding out to something .. test the kit on a battery on a work table first and if it works check it on the bike again. Hope that helps .