PDA

View Full Version : difference of shorty to regular lever?

mr_ace5288
12-24-2006, 06:26 PM
which do people prefer, short levers or regular ones? was thinking of getting a pair (clutch and rear brake) of the CRG levers. im a novice rider.

is it so that with shorties it is easier to use two fingers easily for pulling and keep two on throttle on one side and the bar on the clutch side etc?

kzmille
12-24-2006, 07:34 PM
...is it so that with shorties it is easier to use two fingers easily for pulling and keep two on throttle on one side and the bar on the clutch side etc?
That is the reasoning but if you use four on the clutch I wouldn't go with the short lever on that side.

Arnie
12-24-2006, 11:30 PM
I have the CRG's on my Duc. Shortie on the brake and regular on the clutch. A friend of mine has both shorties on his R1 and I dont like the shortie on the clutch at all after I rode his bike.

Steve / AF1 Racing
12-24-2006, 11:54 PM
Most of the sets we send out the door are both of the same length.

I can't think of which style (short or long) has sold better of late.

When Jon raced last year (2005) he occasionally used the shorty style levers on both sides. He never commented that the clutch leverage was compromised by the shorter length lever, but it is probably a valid point because the clutch pull on the RSVR is on the heavy side.

Funners
12-27-2006, 12:40 PM
:) I've got the shorty levers on both sides, the brakes are absolutely spot on, and the clutch feels weird to start with but after about 5 mins you dont even notice it any more....
lever pressure hasn't been an issue even in town riding, and doesn't seem to be any heavier than normal....tho I have no doubt that if you were sad enough to put a strain guage on it there'd be a difference !:bump:

ckruzel
12-27-2006, 05:19 PM
when i bought my brake and clutch masters i went with standard (long) levers. not a fan of the shorties

shrike
12-30-2006, 07:53 PM
I got shorties both sides, and I did it for aesthetics.

If I had my way again, I'd go a short brake lever (as I think it still gives excellent feel and feedback) and a long clutch.

soberman001
12-31-2006, 10:04 AM
I got both shorties on my 2000 Mille and 2004 Factory. I like them and have not had any problems with clutch pulls.

Good luck.

moomba
01-01-2007, 09:50 PM
I've got short black CRG levers on both sides. :)