PDA

View Full Version : Aprilia parts?

Sixpack
09-22-2003, 09:23 AM
Well, I have to say I am less than impressed with Aprilia's ability/desire to deliver parts. I recently low-sided at the track and it seems the majority of the new bits are on backorder, where they've been for the last 6 weeks. I'm not sure why the USA importer doesn't keep more of this stuff in stock? Even if they come straight from Italy, I'm not sure why its taking this long?!?

anyway, the real point of my post is to find out if there are any other sources for Aprilia parts out there on the 'net?

Also, for anyone else who's gone through this ordeal, how long did you have to wait?

Ricky J
09-22-2003, 11:08 AM
I know it's small solace- or none at all- but much of Italian industry closes up shop in August for vacations, or so people here have said...

bob of fl
09-22-2003, 02:35 PM
What parts are needed? R u sure the dealer has ordered them and not waiting to bulk the order for better freight?

I have read some posts where customers thought AUSA did not have the part only to find out the local parts guy/girl didn't order them in a timely manner.

Sixpack
09-22-2003, 05:45 PM
i've gotten some of the parts, just not all of them. I'm waiting on a handlebar, high-beam controls, nose fairing, and tail fairing.

its really going to suck if I dont get them soon before winter sets in.