PDA

View Full Version : Starting issues

05factory_rider
12-23-2006, 12:01 AM
Anyone noticed starting troubles with a Factory - like it taking a couple/three times to get it turned over when cold?

Flashfish
12-23-2006, 05:10 AM
Could be the first sign your valves need adjusting. How many Km/Miles on it?

05factory_rider
12-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Just got the bike back after a full rundown in the shop - they said they couldn't find anything.

mitch
12-23-2006, 11:58 AM
Anyone noticed starting troubles with a Factory - like it taking a couple/three times to get it turned over when cold?

could not start mine this morning , just getting a loud click:eek: ,lights and all working ,battery only reading 11.0 so went and bought a battery tender ,now it starts no problem ,worth a check on yours mind,but hey what do i know:confused:

mitch

nashma
12-23-2006, 07:41 PM
If you're battery is not retaining charge check it's no leaking. My first battery leaked at somepoint as it tarnished the swingarm. But when the workshop checked it over including discharge rate it was fine. I continued to have issues where by after three days without riding it wouldn't start.

I argued the case and eventually got a new battery. Voila, all is well now and no issues. I can leave the bike over week without riding whith the alarm on and it still fires straight up.

Obviously the other risk is the battery is not being charged correctly whilst the bike is running. I think I have read something in the forum that a dodgy stator can cause this????