PDA

View Full Version : gear kurh kurh

mr_ace5288
12-22-2006, 05:19 PM
why is it that sometimes when i try to change gear mainly from neutral to first does it get stuck for a split second, its like a kurh kurh sound lol. thne the gear falls in place.

something wrong or is it the way im doing it? clutch lever is fully pressed and bike is at standstil. also sometimes i get the same when changing gears while in motion then a sudden jolt, not too harsh but nevertheless.

could my clutch lever be loose, as in the wire? other reason? remedy?

:)

MASHMAN
12-22-2006, 05:35 PM
mine does that every now and then, real git to get into first. I've come to learn that the bike is telling me to bleed the clutch as it isn't fully engaged. Bleed the top nipple and the issue should go away...

derrickhackman
12-22-2006, 06:12 PM
bleed the clutch :cheers: no more clunk.

thejayman
12-22-2006, 06:59 PM
Gearboxes vary even in excellent bikes, we call that character. For some to find neutral easily you must downshit into from second, never from first. For first from neutral some you have to clutch it twice.

Very often to upshift you must preload the lever, iow put pressure before you hit the clutch and they slide right in. Once you get used to your exact gearing and throttle you'll rarely need any clutch to downshift in the higher gears.

I'm not talking jsut about prilias but also Ducs, Guzzis, beemers and everything else. Just because they may be quirky that doesn't mean there's something wrong. Having said that typically the Mille shift very cleanly although I found a fals neutral a couple of times between 5 and 6th. A couple of times in 15k miles mind you and it was partly my fault, small feet and I got sloppy.

mr_ace5288
12-22-2006, 07:08 PM
cant find anything on clutch bleeding/bleed clutch etc. search aint working for me, could someone link me a step by step, shouldnt it be stickied somewhere, seem like a significant thing on rsv's.

Aprilia_RSV_Dan
12-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Your problem is most likely clutch drag, I bet it's hard to find neutral also. Usually bleeding the clutch will solve this problem.All you need to know about bleeding (http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15500)

MASHMAN
12-22-2006, 08:51 PM
1. Crack the nipple on the top of the clutch.

2. Get something to catch the excess fluid as it comes out.

3. Squeeze the clutch to the bars twice and hold the second squeeze.

4. Tighten the nipple...

Job done in under a minute

Your choice as to wether to top the fluid up or not.

ckruzel
12-22-2006, 10:25 PM
mashman, if you pump it twice with the nipple cracked it will suck air, just have someone squeeze the lever all the way to the bar, while holding it there, crack the bleeder with either a hose on it or a rag over it to catch the fluid, while still holding tighten the bleeder, clutch is now bled, repeat if needed

or just get a billet unit and don't worry about it

MASHMAN
12-22-2006, 10:52 PM
my bad, i use a one way valve kit when bleeding, thanks for pointing that out
CKruz...

In between each clutch to the bars trip, when it hits the bar, give the nipple a quick nip closed and let the clutch out, and crack the nipple before engagin the clutch.