PDA

View Full Version : Modifications

RSV Racing
12-21-2006, 10:02 PM
CWALKER and BefBever I need some suggestions/advice.

I have looked at the armageddon bike and I'm doing a lot of similar parts to my tuono factory very shortly. I am most interested in knowing how you got the sidestand to work with the EVO6 exhaust, which I am getting. I though I had read somewhere that you can ad spacers and it makes sense looking at the kickstand, but I want to know how you did it.

Also, you have tried some other exhaust, how did you like the power delivery and performance of it compare to anything else? It seems like the best for our bikes, but I like to hear your opinion.

What was the problem with the Gilles tooling rearsets, I heard something about linkages being lose or something like that. Any issues with bending or not being sturdy enough?

How did you like the Gilles tooling clip ons. I want to turn the tuono into a proper cafe racer, and this is the route I'm taking.

I would really appreciate your honest opinion on this specially since I have done the search thing, but have not found any real solid answers on this questions. Thank you.

:burnout:

kostas
12-22-2006, 08:15 PM
CWALKER and BefBever I need some suggestions/advice.

I have looked at the armageddon bike and I'm doing a lot of similar parts to my tuono factory very shortly. I am most interested in knowing how you got the sidestand to work with the EVO6 exhaust, which I am getting. I though I had read somewhere that you can ad spacers and it makes sense looking at the kickstand, but I want to know how you did it.

Also, you have tried some other exhaust, how did you like the power delivery and performance of it compare to anything else? It seems like the best for our bikes, but I like to hear your opinion.

What was the problem with the Gilles tooling rearsets, I heard something about linkages being lose or something like that. Any issues with bending or not being sturdy enough?

How did you like the Gilles tooling clip ons. I want to turn the tuono into a proper cafe racer, and this is the route I'm taking.

I would really appreciate your honest opinion on this specially since I have done the search thing, but have not found any real solid answers on this questions. Thank you.

hello rsv i bought evo 6 exhaust from c walker perfect condition i will post some pic of the side stand so to have an idea of how you will to fic it if you buy an evo 6 believe it mate those exhaust rock best of best

RSV Racing
12-22-2006, 10:27 PM
I thank you for your response, and would really appreciate any info or pics you could provide. How do you like the EVO6 and what did you have before, could you give me any comparisons on power and the delivery of it. Thank you.

cwalker
01-13-2007, 04:49 PM
you can also easily weld a small lump of metal on the top/backside of the sidestand, to avoid it hitting the exhaust ( making it touch the stop a bit earlier)... piece of cake..

cwalker
01-13-2007, 04:49 PM
I thank you for your response, and would really appreciate any info or pics you could provide. How do you like the EVO6 and what did you have before, could you give me any comparisons on power and the delivery of it. Thank you.

easy... when well set-up, nothing compares.... well, maybe the evo07 will... :rolleyes:

power and delivery are very good, but i can't compare the figures with your bike really, as armageddon's engine is 'mildly tuned'... but believe me, it rocks..

kostas
01-16-2007, 05:48 AM

still pending wait a bit and i will post some sorry for the delay mate

dragonfire
01-17-2007, 01:39 PM
I wonder how the new smaltmoto system compares to the evo 6. Like where the torque curves are in relation to each other. Being a mostly street rider and trackdays I would want more torque in the middle of the rev range. Any ideas Cwalker?

I must say though. That evo 6 is one sexy system and cost just as much as smaltmotos stainless system. I just cant seem to decide.

cwalker
01-17-2007, 06:46 PM
i've seen the smaltmoto system in köln, and will definitely be getting one or two in stock for the shop (i hope! :rolleyes: ) . i'd have to try first to tell you, but these guys sure know what they are doing!

grtz,
cwalker

ps: wait 'till you see QMS 's "evo07".... :burnout:

duc slayer
01-17-2007, 07:44 PM
how about an evo08 (the sxv model) :D

cwalker
01-17-2007, 07:53 PM
that's coming too.... :burnout:

dragonfire
01-23-2007, 12:16 PM
eov7? evo8? what are those? akro systems or?

cwalker
01-24-2007, 08:59 PM
eov7? evo8? what are those? akro systems or?

7 is... partly....8 isn't....at all... let's call them 'QMSevo7' and 'QMSevo8' for now.... you'll have to be patient 'till about end february... :bump:

duc slayer
01-24-2007, 09:02 PM
tick..tock..tick..tock.. :D NOW get some sleep :cheers:

dragonfire
01-25-2007, 06:01 PM
The plot thickens. So many new choices on the horizon. Excellent. Will definitely want to stay informed on this setup!