PDA

View Full Version : Haga out

Fox
09-22-2003, 12:07 AM
The motgp commentators were saying Haga will not be re-signed to Aprilia and is looking for a ride for next year ...

internec2
09-22-2003, 01:53 AM
LOL, here is his quote after the race on the aprilia site- NORIYUKI HAGA: “The chattering is haunting me all the time and I made a bad start as well. I thought only to finish the race”.

I'll miss him. He is a character

dowzerr
09-22-2003, 09:57 AM
He should come and ride in British Superbikes, all our Superbikes are Dunlop shod.

Ricky J
09-22-2003, 10:49 AM
Pretty much all the AMA boyos are on 'em too.

Low J.
09-22-2003, 11:59 AM
too bad.....IMHO he's probably getting a raw deal since the bike is junk. But in all honesty this is his 2nd go 'round in MotoGP....he didn't do crap on the 2 strokes either. Put him on the new R1 in WSBK and he'll clean house.

Smoke Eater
09-22-2003, 12:03 PM
I wouldn't count on World Superbike being around next year either.

I actually like Haga.

Fox
09-22-2003, 09:30 PM
What WILL WSBK be next year?

Last I heard there were no official teams (Ducati having pulled out) .... so who's gonna be there? Plus a lot of teams have left because of the Pirelli connection (only tyre to be used).

I really think it should be replaced with World Superstocks ... mainly 'cos this is closer to the bikes we ride and I believe the '04 Aprilia is gonna clean in this category ;)

jswjr600
09-22-2003, 10:20 PM
WSBK will still be around. it goes in a cycle. factories leave, privateers take over, it generates more interest, suddenly the factories start getting back into it, for a few years it as at full swing, etc. etc. i think the full swing occured about 3 years ago, and we are just on teh backside right now.

Fox
09-22-2003, 11:44 PM
I hope so - personally I think it beats the shit out of motogp. Apart from being bikes I recognize on the street the racing is better because they do not have the hi-tech of motogp and field is not so split.

Watching a Superbike race after a motogp is like watching a pack of maniac dogs! Especially with someone like Xaus who apparently has no fear of death :)

The battles between Edwards and Bayliss and Xaus and Haga are still my most favourite memorable recent racing moments.

internec2
09-23-2003, 03:32 AM
Totally, I was at Laguna seca two years ago and it was completely awesome. Me hanging over the fence screaming at Haga on his cool down lap after briefly taking the superpole best time, and Haga looking over at me and ripping off a 1/4 mile wheelie. Haga trying to take over first and low siding in race one, Hayden trying to pass Haga in race two and taking him out. Me drunk and screaming at Hayden that he was a hick punk. Good times good times

Low J.
09-23-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by jswjr600
WSBK will still be around. it goes in a cycle. factories leave, privateers take over, it generates more interest, suddenly the factories start getting back into it, for a few years it as at full swing, etc. etc. i think the full swing occured about 3 years ago, and we are just on teh backside right now.

I second that.....I'd love it if the privateers were able to take over a bit.....there would be a lot more parity in the types of bikes used and some of those guys are HUGE talents that have just yet to make that push up to the big time.......just check out Tamada in MotoGP. Eventually the big guys would come back once all the rules and tire issues are straightened out......if the Pirelli deal causes everyone to bail I'm quite sure that WSBK will reconsider it for the following year.

xx Max Power xx
09-23-2003, 12:16 PM
I really hope Haga stays. He is an awesome rider, who has not had the stars align since Yamaha abandoned the R7. He should have taken a second shot at the SBK title instead of going to 2 stroke & Michelin, with 4 strokes only a year away. When he gets a competitive machine (read reliable) he'll be a force. 4 years ago at Laguna was a sight to behold... Sliding passes into turn 11....;)

RS250 Chester
09-23-2003, 02:45 PM
If Haga is out, is Aprilia going to run just one bike, or will they have 2? Could they promote Poggiali if he wins to 250GP championship.

dowzerr
09-23-2003, 04:19 PM
Check out the latest rumour The Superteam (http://crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?cid=6&nid=77160)