PDA

View Full Version : Wheelie aftermath!!!!

WyoRidr
12-17-2006, 02:22 AM
Sold this kid my 03 zx6r 636 this summer and he had it for 2 months before he wheelid it over.
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n293/Ninjamaster6-14/2003zx6r.jpg
Picture was taken in 03 at PPIR in Colorado.Ex-girlfreind in pic with E-Boz signing the tank!
Anyway,he took this pic with his cellphone right after it happened.
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n293/Ninjamaster6-14/Justinsfoot.jpg
Couple more after the surgery's!!
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n293/Ninjamaster6-14/Justinsfoot3.jpghttp://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n293/Ninjamaster6-14/Justinsfoot2.jpg
Doctors said he's lucky to be walking.If he rides again(and he wants too)they told him he'll after get a good pair of boots or lose his foot!!!
I think he learned a lesson!!!!!:cheers:

novos
12-17-2006, 02:53 AM
that stuff makes my stomach turn......... but it's darwinism at work...

kzmille
12-17-2006, 03:37 AM
I cannot believe people ride motorcycles without proper boots. If this is you study the picture.

lawman800
12-17-2006, 03:44 AM
People have no excuses to ride without proper gear with the availability of gear at decent prices and the internet making used gear readily accessible. Those that chose to ride with shorts, tank tops, and flip flops deserve what they get because they "assumed the risk" of doing such a stupid act. It's a legal doctrine and also Darwinism at its best. The only thing that pisses me off is that my taxpayer money is going towards these idiots when paramedics and cops have to roll out to save their asses.

Jack_RSV
12-17-2006, 08:27 AM
that stuff makes my stomach turn.........but it's an hard lesson of ride/life @ work!
Why doesn't he put the right gear on?! :whiner:
Because is it too hot outside :WTF: ?! But tarmac doesn't think so...:pissed: :bond:

My helmet (thanks, AGV :worship:)/ leather jacket (thanks, Dainese :worship:) / boots (thanks, OXTAR :worship:) save my body/head when I felt down several times in my riding life!

People have no fookin' excuses to ride without proper gear :soap: with the availability of gear at decent prices.

Please, if you care about his life, tell him to put the right gear on next time....

:cheers:

derrickhackman
12-17-2006, 08:42 AM
a nice ... or even used pair of boots would have helped reduce the injury (preaching to the choir). He has shorts on too ... ?? and a t-shirt I bet.

Proper gear ... you wouldn't go skiing without some nice Decente or Spider jacker and you need cool goggles and gloves and of course one of those cool helmets ... so why climb on a motorcycle with 'cabana-wear'???

Bobb
12-17-2006, 09:25 AM
People have no excuses to ride without proper gear with the availability of gear at decent prices and the internet making used gear readily accessible.
First thought i had was this. If you cant afford $300 boots etc, you can find gear on ebay for less thatn 1/10 the original price.

BigMille
12-17-2006, 09:27 AM
When I first read your caption, I thought, wow, you sold your 636 to E-boz...

Too bad anyway, that was a nice bike......

Roadless
12-17-2006, 10:06 AM
Donīt be so hard on the kid, heīs learning a hard lesson in a really painful way.
I ride in a dainese suit, with extra backprotection, sidi heavy duty travelboots, gloves and an arai rx7 helmet.
And I never crash. ( it reduces the average speed to much )

howitzer
12-17-2006, 10:24 AM
Heck yeah, I have 2 sets of boots. 1 for the track, and a pair of Icon's for the street. Here I am on my 98 900RR, using my icon pants and my icon boots. I love the extra protection you get from wearing them. Plus I have extra jackets and helmets just in case to.

Bobb
12-17-2006, 11:57 AM
A little off topic, but i have been looking for a set of boots that offer good ankle/foot protection, and can also be worn comfortably. I hate trying to visit friends houses on my way home and having to clunk around in huge boots that come up almost to my knee.

FTM
12-17-2006, 12:01 PM
that stuff makes my stomach turn.........but it's an hard lesson of ride/life @ work!
Why doesn't he put the right gear on?! :whiner:
Because is it too hot outside :WTF: ?! But tarmac doesn't think so...:pissed: :bond:

My helmet (thanks, AGV :worship:)/ leather jacket (thanks, Dainese :worship:) / boots (thanks, OXTAR :worship:) save my body/head when I felt down several times in my riding life!

People have no fookin' excuses to ride without proper gear :soap: with the availability of gear at decent prices.

Please, if you care about his life, tell him to put the right gear on next time....

You can start by telling the girl in your avatar to get dressed..............
otherwise it's a spanking for her. :)

Roadless
12-17-2006, 12:48 PM
Tell you what, it is far better to clunk around in boots than in cast.
And pray tell me where are the kneeprotectors in them flimsy pants?

ChrisSK
12-17-2006, 12:51 PM
I almost lost my breakfast.

lawman800
12-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Just be careful because buying gear becomes an addiction like tattoos. I have 1/2 a closet full of full suits, jackets, boots, helmets, drawer full of gloves, etc.

I make sure I take full advantage of the gear I pay for though by wearing them all the time.

Hey, since I got all y'all here, what pants do you guys wear on the street? I usually just wear my full suit since I ride the canyons but I have a pair of the Joe Rocket steel jeans but was looking at the Icon pants for the street, what do you guys have and think?

howitzer
12-17-2006, 06:52 PM
I like the icon pants, fit and wear nicely. Also got a pair of Fox jeans, heavy duty for stunting. Another nice pair is the draggin jeans.

lawman800
12-17-2006, 06:52 PM
I like the way those recon pants look and fit. What's your opinion on the protection?

Roadless
12-17-2006, 07:12 PM
After years of using the old leather outfit, I moved to a full racing suit, instantly loving the added protection.
You wouldnīt drag me on a bike in jeans no matter the money.
I have to admit though, the climate here is rather cold and it is easy to wear a full suit.

howitzer
12-17-2006, 07:30 PM
I crashed once with my Icon pants on, and they held up pretty good. On ly got 1 rip in them, the rest was worn down a bit but still rideable. The crash was at 80-90mph, good thing I had them on with helmet and boots, and also good gloves.

Frostea
12-18-2006, 10:11 AM
I ordered this stuff one day not sure if it is enough protection gear for you guys but i bought it and its not bad you can wear it under your jeans and normal clothes
BOHN body armor.
its good cause its not too hot
i do need to invest into some good boots though.

http://www.actionstation.com/catalog/prodimages/IMAGE2_supermoto1.jpghttp://www.actionstation.com/catalog/prodimages/IMAGE3_supermoto2.jpg
http://www.actionstation.com/catalog/prodimages/IMAGE3_coolairepantsweb1.jpghttp://www.actionstation.com/catalog/prodimages/coolairepantsweb2.jpg

derrickhackman
12-18-2006, 10:23 AM
I don't know about that fishnet stocking look :cheers:

I do want to get a chest protector that integrates with a back protector. I hate to think of shoving a bar through the ribs :eek: The only one I found was the Bohn chest protector ...

lawman800
12-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Most chest protectors won't protect the side rib area. If you want rib cage protection, a full suit will only provide padding also and no armour, per se. Maybe a bulletproof vest?

derrickhackman
12-18-2006, 02:57 PM
huh... i thought they may be worth the $$ but I guess not.

Jack_RSV
12-18-2006, 03:03 PM
You can start by telling the girl in your avatar to get dressed..............
otherwise it's a spanking for her. :)

yeah that's for sure... :happy:
...but after that shot.......you know what I mean.....:plus: :bump:

...just kidding! Unfortunately....

MDRSV
12-18-2006, 04:16 PM
hey yo, I peeped at da stunta pic that and dezided I not be ah'eatin some lasagan in the crib tonight....what a fhool...

hank
12-18-2006, 04:51 PM
It's amazing that people spend so much on buying the bike and related bike accessories, but then skimp on riding gear/personal protection...

I have no sympathy for them and thanks to their actions we are all seen in a negative light. :soap: Sorry to rant but I just read elsewhere about a rider who is severely injured and the list of injuries clearly shows an absence of any protection, other than a helmet.

hank
12-18-2006, 04:57 PM
I do want to get a chest protector that integrates with a back protector. I hate to think of shoving a bar through the ribs :eek: The only one I found was the Bohn chest protector ...

There aren't many integrated chest/back protectors (yet) and none that I would recommend... For the chest, check out Helimot and also the T-Pro Forcefield stuff (best quality protection made)...

lawman800
12-18-2006, 05:12 PM
Yo, dat shizznit be all true. Dem peeps be throwin' down some big dollahs foh a ride and then pimp it up wit da roll cage, bars, exhaust, and all that other stuff but when it comes down to wearing da jimhat foh protection, dem be just triflin' wit da regular shoes and pants wit no real gear. It don't cost dat much to be rockin' sum good gear, yo! What's the haps on dat, bro?

derrickhackman
12-18-2006, 05:23 PM
wordup homefry you be speakin 'da truth on 'dat shit.

hank
12-18-2006, 05:28 PM
wordup homefry you be speakin 'da truth on 'dat shit.

:plus:
Werd Dog

lawman800
12-18-2006, 05:33 PM
Ain't no thang but a chicken wang, homeslice! Peace out, werd ta yer muthah, let's bounce, boyz!

mikeyyc
12-18-2006, 05:36 PM
fo shizzle ma nizzle. :cheers:

MDRSV
12-18-2006, 08:48 PM
dynam right homey!!! Icon flame jacket is da snizzet wiff the neon 'busa...you knowz whats I iz talk'in bout....... gonna chill wth Biker boys this evening and some popesy's spicy bird.....:)

lawman800
12-18-2006, 08:51 PM
dynam right homey!!! Icon flame jacket is da snizzet wiff the neon 'busa...you knowz whats I iz talk'in bout....... gonna chill wth Biker boys this evening and some popesy's spicy bird.....:)

Yo, dat be da original spicy recipe on da Popeye's? Why didn't you tell me, son? Pass dat grub. Homey's gotta get his eat on, yo. Izz not da Icon Flame jacket, boyeeee, that's like last year and shizzit. You gots ta be rollin' wit da US Army gear ta be down wit da crew now, know what I'm sayin', dawg? Yay-yayeee!!

MDRSV
12-18-2006, 08:56 PM
Yo, dat be da original spicy recipe on da Popeye's? Why didn't you tell me, son? Pass dat grub. Homey's gotta get his eat on, yo. Izz not da Icon Flame jacket, boyeeee, that's like last year and shizzit. You gots ta be rollin' wit da US Army gear ta be down wit da crew now, know what I'm sayin', dawg? Yay-yayeee!!

you dogg, itz all good Icon or Army wrapping!....we don't be needin no east ginst west cost beef.....Tupac and Biggy got capped over dat stupid shite......

lawman800
12-18-2006, 08:59 PM
If yer crew wants ta rock da Icon, I guess izzz aaaaight then. Can't be hatin' on ya just fer dat alone, yo. Izzz all good in da hood, homey. Now go make me a plate, I'm hungrier than a crackhead jonesing fah a fix!

AZRen
12-18-2006, 09:55 PM
It's like the fucking script from Superbikes in here. :WTF:

lawman800
12-18-2006, 11:57 PM
Nice 2 piece Norick suit, AZ. I've been after a 1 piece yellow one forever. I got the blue one that I can't wait to sell.

AZRen
12-19-2006, 12:11 AM
Nice 2 piece Norick suit, AZ. I've been after a 1 piece yellow one forever. I got the blue one that I can't wait to sell.

Thanks, so am I. I wish I could have found it in a 1pc. I've searched like every obscure website looking for a closeout on it. No luck. If one doesn't pop up shortly I think I'll spring for a 1pc Varitek.

lawman800
12-19-2006, 02:26 AM
Actually, if you are after a 1 piece Norick, you might as well go for a R2 closeout which are the same design/quality but 2005 models. I bought a NRG which is a step up on the Norick and equivalent to the Proto-One which I also had on closeout from Motonation. They got a size 52 on ebay right now.

Don't buy a Varitek. I've seen a few and they are a step down or no improvement on the Noricks. You wouldn't be in the market for a blue 1 piece Norick, would you? Get a NRG or if you want to spend the $, a Hydrobak. Heard great things about them. If I didn't buy my NRG I probably would have gotten that.

AZRen
12-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Actually, if you are after a 1 piece Norick, you might as well go for a R2 closeout which are the same design/quality but 2005 models. I bought a NRG which is a step up on the Norick and equivalent to the Proto-One which I also had on closeout from Motonation. They got a size 52 on ebay right now.

Don't buy a Varitek. I've seen a few and they are a step down or no improvement on the Noricks. You wouldn't be in the market for a blue 1 piece Norick, would you? Get a NRG or if you want to spend the $, a Hydrobak. Heard great things about them. If I didn't buy my NRG I probably would have gotten that.

Thanks for the info Lawman. :cheers:

Bobb
12-19-2006, 10:14 AM
Where are you guys finding these closeouts?

lawman800
12-19-2006, 12:17 PM
Where are you guys finding these closeouts?

Motonation_Closeout on Ebay. Look for Spidi suits and you'll find a whole bunch of them from Motonation.