PDA

View Full Version : Leo Vince ZX fitted to my bike... unhappy!!

vendetta
09-21-2003, 12:14 PM
If some of you have read my past threads then you will know that my SR 50 Ditech (2002 model) had nothing what so ever done to it and it mysteriously went 50-52mph.

So last thursday i had the ZX pipe fitted to the bike, the acceleration was better but it was only putting on around 2mph top-end, so the guy who i take my bike to phoned up his supplier at taff-speed and he said that i will need new rollers, so he sent the malossi 17x12 6gram rollers, i had them fitted, then the acceleration was better again but the top speed is now only 56mph. what else can i do?? i know some people who have had just the ZX pipe and new rollers and has gone around 65-70mph.

would the gameboy de-ristriction make any difference atall? because some ppl have told me it will make hardly any difference.

some one please help!!

phidauex
09-21-2003, 04:28 PM
If it hasn't been gameboy derestricted at all, then yes, that will help.

Also, I hear there is a restrictor in the ZX pipe that needs to be removed for max performance. Micah would be a better source of info on that, because I believe he's done just that before.

Better acceleration is most of what you can expect from a pipe, not much in the way of top speed comes from a pipe addition.

peace,
sam

vendetta
09-21-2003, 04:31 PM
there was no restriction in the pipe...

Dragster pilota
09-21-2003, 04:37 PM
vendetta in da house:
would the gameboy de-ristriction make any difference atall? because some ppl have told me it will make hardly any difference.

You should not listen to all you hear....

De-restricton with the GameBoy changes a couple of parameters in the ECU but the biggets it the lifting of the revlimiter from 8.900rpm to 11.000rpm and there's some power to get there if you have an expansion pipe fitted to your ride, althoug I think your 6gr rollers might be a bit to light (unless you are a fly weight 50-55kg) try with the stock rollers first (after it's GameBoy de-restricted) and if it feels to slow at take-off fit 3 of your 6gr rollers....

We have also started to se some burnt and damaged pistons and rings on DiTech's that has been driven for a long time (somwhere between 6000-10000km) with just the vario-restriction removed so I would ONLY recommend a full de-restrict on a DiTech...

DP says: On a DiTech it's either full power or low power.....

vendetta
09-21-2003, 05:05 PM
so your saying i should also get the game boy deristriction done??

and what can i do to stop the pistons and ring melting?

Dragster pilota
09-21-2003, 05:18 PM
vendetta in da house:
so your saying i should also get the game boy deristriction done??

YES and at the time have your dealer update to 2.7.0 software...

vendetta in da house
and what can i do to stop the pistons and ring melting?

De-resrticting it with the GameBoy....

DP asks (with a smile): Is my English that bad you could not uderstand that from my previous post....

vendetta
09-21-2003, 05:34 PM
no but i like to make sure i fully understand ;)

PAUL
09-22-2003, 02:20 PM
here you go, this is the restrictor that comes in the Leovince ZX

vendetta
09-22-2003, 05:55 PM
do u think u cld post a few pics as to how i cld take it out please?

PAUL
09-23-2003, 10:28 AM
well, i can't exactly make pics for you becuase i have taken it out.... but i'll make a simple 'how-to' for you without pics :P

Ok, what you gotta do first is take a big screwedriver and stick it through the hole where the restrictor is...

Then you have to move the screwedriver from side to side and up and down. After you have done this for about 10 mins, you see that the weld (on one side) starts to break.

If you carry on for a little longer the restrictor is actually loose, but you can't take it out yet because the remaining piece of metal blocks te way... you now take a small drill and make sure it is flat so you can get the restirctor out....

I hope this will help you, good luck

vendetta
09-23-2003, 11:21 AM
o yeah that was already taken out when i had it fitted :(

PAUL
09-23-2003, 11:22 AM
pfff, all that effort for nothing :P

Jon / AF1 Racing
09-25-2003, 10:58 AM
Stick a screwdriver in there and wiggle the restrictor back and forth until the little spot weld breaks. If you have a die grider it makes it way easier if you grind the weld first. All told it is pretty easy to get out.

Also. The ditech is limited to top speed by the rpm that peak hp is made, and the gearing is also a limiter. Even the big bore kit will not give you anymore speed until you change the gearing.