PDA

View Full Version : please read guys

ffkevinking
12-14-2006, 02:26 PM
well our house was broken into again! so needless to say we don't feel safe here anymore and i need to sell things off to get another house. Please check out my 04 rsvr in the for sale section. If you know of anyone who wants one please let them know about it. I'm accepting offers. I'll also be selling my 04 aprilia mojito in all black as well.
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97115
Thanks apriliaforum family

Kev

derrickhackman
12-14-2006, 02:28 PM
OH man Kev sad news ... I hope the best for you and your family.

NeoGeniX
12-14-2006, 02:45 PM
You are moving because your house gets broken into? Not a lot of crime in the area or something? Get some better locks! :p

ffkevinking
12-14-2006, 03:15 PM
I just put good locks on and my are isn't the best but at the time it's all my wife and i could afford. We are also pregnant and i can't stand to think what would've happened if she were in the house when they broke in. esp being that shes a whopping 5ft 2 115lb asian chick.

Kev

derrick thanks man it means a lot

scott2ride
12-14-2006, 03:34 PM
That sucks Kevin.

Moving may not be the answer, but then again maybe a new house will be even more suited to having babies... which is something you should be considering when choosing the new place.

And good luck with the up coming baby. That will be life changing, and primarily for the better (but time consuming too :D )

Getting broken into is often followed up with a second break in several months later. This is because the theives come back to look for the new stuff that was replaced by insurance.

Good luck with the bike... I will check it out too as mine is currently in a critical condition on its death bed!

Cheers

Frostea
12-14-2006, 04:33 PM
how about a local alarm system with a siren not monitored or some cameras.
i sell cameras that will page your cell phone and send a picture if anything moves in your house when it shouldnt be.

This is the kind of stuff i do for work.

good luck

farva03R
12-14-2006, 04:47 PM
that sucks.

the majority of residential burglaries occur during the day, when everyone is at work or at the mall. here's some tricks you can use on your next house. and yes the bad guys go to the really nice houses too. they have more expensive/cool stuff.

you could purchase fake alarm signs that are usually posted at the rear and front of the house. btw, IMHO alarms are pretty useless unless you have a huge siren thats gonna piss off the neighbors and scare away the bad guy(s). sirens inside the house work but with you having a new baby i'd count that out.

buy a big ass dog. or just post signs BEWARE OF DOG at the front/rear of the house.

when its dark out close your blinds so the bad guys walking by can't see in your house (looking at your cool shit). put up motion sensor lights for evenings.

buy some cheap fake replica cameras out of reach.

most bad guys will see some of the above mentioned stuff and go on to the next house that appears to be an easier mark.

alarms companies take too long to contact the police dept then you have to wait for the officer to get there. usually around 10-15 minutes for it all to come together. sometimes sooner or later but usually later.

best of luck with the bike, house and the future baby!!!

kostas
12-14-2006, 05:20 PM
or take gun and kill the bastards shoot them again and again till no one can recognized them:bond: :bond: :bond: :bond: :bond: :bond: :bond: :bond:

cowboyporter
12-14-2006, 07:20 PM
I'll also be selling my 04 aprilia mojito in all black as well.
Kev

:confused: What do you mean mojito? Any leathers?

ffkevinking
12-14-2006, 07:26 PM
yes my black mojito 150. No leathers sorry.

kev

RZRob
12-14-2006, 10:13 PM
I like all the ideas here - except Costas (even if that's how I really feel too). The camera that pages you is cool.

I have one that does that and it's even visible on my web page if I just want to see what's going on. It updates every 30 seconds. I can even view it from my cellphone whenever I want.

RZ Rob

HRTSR
12-15-2006, 12:52 AM
or take gun and kill the bastards shoot them again and again till no one can recognized them:bond: :bond: :bond: :bond: :bond: :bond: :bond: :bond:

Amen :bond:

derrickhackman
12-15-2006, 05:20 AM
I was told that if someone breaks into your house and you shoot them dead then you are at fault for excessive violence or something like that. in fact there have been quite a few court cases where the homeowner is nailed because he/she either shot and killed or just injured the intruder. Can you believe that?? Amazing some of stuff that happens here in the US.

HRTSR
12-15-2006, 08:18 AM
I was told that if someone breaks into your house and you shoot them dead then you are at fault for excessive violence or something like that. in fact there have been quite a few court cases where the homeowner is nailed because he/she either shot and killed or just injured the intruder. Can you believe that?? Amazing some of stuff that happens here in the US.

Yeah, we have the liberals to thank for that one:gunner: . Sorry to jack your thread. Hope everything works out.

derrickhackman
12-15-2006, 08:19 AM
yeah, i you could always whack the thief and never report it ... could do a Dalmer on him...

Felix Da Cat
12-15-2006, 11:23 AM
:pissed: Shitty deal mate, sorry to hear it. Been through the same on too many occasions, so I know what you are feeling now.

Good luck with the new life and the extension in the family. Wishing you well!!

... as for shooting the fuckers, yep, they are protected species here too :pissed: :pissed:

duc slayer
12-15-2006, 11:52 AM

definitely depends on the state, Here in NY the only way that it is legal to shoot someone inside your house, is if your life is severly threatened. Basically it better be that it was either you or him that was going to die. Perfect example right here on the greater metropolis of P-burgh (about 5 yrs ago) a college student was shot in the chest with 12 gauge from 6-10ft away, dead instantly. The kid was completely smashed (drunk) and was trying to open the porch (screen) door, he thought he was at his friends house, and the old man blasted him because he thought he was trying to break in (and he blasted him through the front door and the screen door). They released the 911 transcripts and his wife can be heard on the tape "just shoot him, just shoot him he's trying to break in", so he did. And of course after the fact the guy said the gun accidently discharged....... sure it did. No charges filed...... Last week, 5 yrs later, The new DA indicted him for criminally negligent homicide, the 73 yr old man had moved to CT and now it looks like he's Focked :worship: he was a good hearted kid that just had to many beers................... R.I.P... Andy

But in TX can't you shoot anyone for anything :D

farva03R
12-15-2006, 12:12 PM
in MD you have the right to protect yourself and family INSIDE the house (castle doctrine). if you enter my home either my wife (she's a good shot, her dad raised her-he's police) or i will kill you. there is a gun upstairs and downstairs.hopefully they see the big no trespassing sign in front of my house (patrol car). my wife loves that car when i'm out of town racing.

sorry about your buddy duc.

duc, if you could keep us updated with the outcome of the old man's trial it would be appeciated.

florida's no retreat law is something though.

duc slayer
12-15-2006, 12:22 PM
absolutely, I forgot when the first hearing is, he's already been up from CT for the first thing (the indictment reading or something) no bail, not a flight risk or some BS, which is probably true. The first DA did go to the grand jury but only with Murder charges, no lesser charges for the GJ to go forward with. Then the presiding Judge ordered the GJ to re-conviene (sp) with lesser charges, which they did and approved. But the defendant's lawyer got that tossed on appeal saying the Judge over stepped his bounds. But now that we have a new DA, he's balls to the wall on everyone (I wouldn't want to be in his sights). And this case is the main reason that he got voted in and the other DA got the boot, but our town is fairly small and they (the new DA and teh old DA) face eachother in court at least once a week and they're rather hostile to eachother

IGO-WFO
12-16-2006, 12:48 AM
But in TX can't you shoot anyone for anything

Amen brotha! :gunner:

Well, almost...
>hijack<
In Texas, the homeowner does not have to retreat before using deadly force inside their own home, but as a general rule, ALL shootings will go before a Grand Jury and they will decide if the shooting is justified and no-bill, or if it wasn't, they can true-bill and procede with an indictment.

In my town last week, we had a store owner put 2 .40 cal rounds in a shitbox that was trying to hold up his store with a hunting knife.

Funny thing was I was listening to my scanner and heard it going down.

This butthead had robbed 2 other stores in a town about 3 miles away and the cops in my town called all the quick stop type stores and told them he could be coming up our way. The owner of the store that shot the guy got the call and was in his store less than 30 minutes when the guy decides to knock over his store that had several employees in it.

Guy comes in with knife and demands money/cigs by brandishing a knife towards an employee, and owner comes out with Glock instead and lets him have it.

They caught the scumbag about 15 minutes later as him and his buddy were leaving wally world after buying bandages to stop the bleeding..

Even in this case where is was clear there was an immediate threat of death/ serious bodily injury, it will still be refered to our District Attorney for review.