PDA

View Full Version : factory peg

pegasobaz
12-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Just been looking at pics of factory peg on aprilia website, it now has a lambda probe in the exhaust pipe. Presume this is for euro3 regs, looks to have nice footpegs as well as the much nicer rear brake pedal. Has anyone got any pics of the carbon handguards if poss from sat on the bike. Tried KTM ones but wouldn't fit.

Panda
12-04-2006, 05:20 PM
My handguards should hopefully be here tomorrow - I'll post a photo once they're on.

pegasobaz
12-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Cheers,need to see how they look cos i'm concerned that they might catch on the screen now i've got Renthal's on, shouldn't be a problem with them fastening on by the mirrors.Can you shed any light on the "factory" rear brake pedal with your insider knowledge?

Panda
12-04-2006, 05:31 PM
The part number still doesn't work on the ordering system! I'm ordering one as soon as they are available, but I'd bet the bikes will be in the showrooms before I can order the parts. None of the other new bits work, and I still cant figure out why the camshaft cover is different- all thats behind there is the decompressor stuff.

pegasobaz
12-04-2006, 05:47 PM
Aprilia website says engine is identicle but its faster through the use of lighter parts! Clutch cover looks very much like the Derbi Mulhacen,when you say other bits won't fit,which bits do you mean

Panda
12-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Sorry, by "none of the other new bits work" I meant they aren't working on the ordering system.

Aside from some of the engine casings, there's a few changes to things like the cam and there's a lambda senser like you say, but these look like they are all in order to meet E3 emmisisions levels. I don't know if its going to be a case that there are some changes to meet emmisions and some changes to regain any performance lost through the other changes....

By the way, anyone seen this? 700cc pistons too!
http://www.off-the-road.de/pegaso.html?&L=1

g-man
12-05-2006, 04:25 AM
Cheers,need to see how they look cos i'm concerned that they might catch on the screen now i've got Renthal's on, shouldn't be a problem with them fastening on by the mirrors.Can you shed any light on the "factory" rear brake pedal with your insider knowledge?

Any pics of the bike with the renthals on. I've been thinking of fitting a set.

g-man
12-05-2006, 04:27 AM
The part number still doesn't work on the ordering system! I'm ordering one as soon as they are available, but I'd bet the bikes will be in the showrooms before I can order the parts. None of the other new bits work, and I still cant figure out why the camshaft cover is different- all thats behind there is the decompressor stuff.

So whats the crack with the rear brake pedal. Whats different about it??? Is it the same one but in silver instead of black??

pegasobaz
12-05-2006, 02:59 PM
No pictures of Renthals yet but will get some on soon (along with pics of scottoiler install). Initially got 4inch rise motocross bars but there wasn't enough room on bars for switches and grips etc so ended up with 4.5 inch trials bars, they've much more room for controls but have much less back sweep which is what i needed as iv'e got VERY long arms but thats why i'm concerned about handguards catching the screen.
As for the rear brake it's just that the normal one seems cheap and flimsy and would be more suited on a 50.The factory one as far as i can tell is alloy so should feel more solid

Xeno
12-06-2006, 06:58 AM
I've had the hand guards on for a couple of months now and they look and fit superb. I will try and post some pics at the weekend.
The only downside is as they are a gloss finish they scratch very easily at the slightest touch on the garage wall.

Panda
12-14-2006, 08:18 AM
Baz, finally got my handguards - the courier sent them half way round Europe...

http://www.picturevillage.com/photo/data/234e5dc39dc52740524f9d863bec963c/full_24010_p340584.jpg

http://www.picturevillage.com/photo/data/234e5dc39dc52740524f9d863bec963c/full_24010_p340585.jpg

http://www.picturevillage.com/photo/data/234e5dc39dc52740524f9d863bec963c/full_24010_p340586.jpg

The brake lever pedal part number still isn't "active" yet.

g-man
12-14-2006, 08:48 AM
I like them. Need to talk nice to Santa. Is that the bigger front tyre you've got on there now? Looks a bit chunkier. :confused:

Panda
12-14-2006, 09:48 AM
Yeah, its a 120/70 ZR17. Slows the steering a tiny bit (I don't know if a HR17 would make a difference), but there seems to be more grip when your leant over. I've not had a chance to try it on a properly dry road yet though. I was on the edges of the 110/70 that was on the bike.
Free part worn with plenty life in it - perk of the job!

pegasobaz
12-14-2006, 04:51 PM
Handguards look mint,I'll have to have some of them once crimbo out of way, Still looking for a model peg but no joy mind you it took me four years to find a bandit12 and i've given up hope of a sherco or any trials bike. You'd think that someone might do a model of doug lampkin's montesa/honda as he's won so much but it seems that unless its motoGP there's no chance.