PDA

View Full Version : Short video of Tre K with sound!

Jet City Racer
11-28-2006, 12:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/profile_video_blog?sid=93F97A5A25FEDF7C&id=05A2F323E6B75544

Beau1K
11-28-2006, 12:19 AM
Siiiiiiiick...that think is HARD!!!

thejayman
11-28-2006, 08:57 AM
I didn't know that a parallel twin could sound like THAT!!! :plus:

OOps silly me : Tre:

jetfever
11-28-2006, 03:48 PM
:plus: Love the sound! Thats a triple no?

kilat
11-29-2006, 02:23 PM
Thats's a triple..

http://www.benelliforum.com/benelli1/Benelli1_12.jpg

This is their midweight twin - the Due:

http://www.benelliforum.com/benell2/Benelli2_04.jpg

jetfever
11-30-2006, 08:16 PM
Thanks. I just got it! One, Due, Tre! (so how do you say One in Italy)? I assume thats a One in back of the Due.. Why the H aren't Binelli selling bikes here? Those 3 bikes look awesome. Where are they selling? cause they sure dont sell many big bore engines in Italy.

muamer
11-30-2006, 09:23 PM
Uno = one in Italian

go_modem_go
12-09-2006, 03:14 PM
Why the H aren't Binelli selling bikes here? Those 3 bikes look awesome. Where are they selling? cause they sure dont sell many big bore engines in Italy.

Lot's in Germany, relatively many in Switzerland, Austria, France and some in UK / BeNeLux.

I guess the USA misses out on many European bikes from KTM, Benelli, Cagiva, Derbi, Bimota, Gilera, Voxan, and even many Japanese models due to the fact that it is Harley and Chopper Country, expensive EPA & DOT homologation and ridiculous litigation laws (meaning one court case of a moron with a good lawyer can ruin an entire company).

The US is also a difficult market to conquer, building up a dealer network in the US can be hard and expensive (easy in Europe - we have the dealers already, and exotics aren't always considered exotic, Aprilia certainly isn't! A Prilla dealer in each little town and village, basically... The sell millions of scooters and 125's, a market which doesn even exist in the USA! :D )

Anyway, Benelli's built reputation went down a bit prior to their Chinese take-over - the TNT had a few manufacturing defects which only got solved late into the production run (melting headlights, bad engine mapping, paint). It was also the only Benelli sellinmg in larger numbers, their Sports bikes sitting in dealerships like concrete.

The Due is currently only a production prototype (after last years design model), it will be released after the Aprilia 750 Shiver (at EU dealers in May 2007), and form a direct competitor to the Shiver.

The Due has a chopped Benelli 1130 triple engine, making it a 750 paralell twin (like BMW's F800S). Looks nice, but I'd prefer Aprilia's new 90° 750 V-twin - but the Benelli Due wins on looks!

thejayman
12-09-2006, 04:28 PM
but the Benelli Due wins on looks!

LOL I saw the Due before, here......!

http://www.legendgames.co.uk/acatalog/dredd_box_SA.jpg

derrickhackman
12-09-2006, 04:31 PM
I suppose with more and more Europeans coming to the USA to find work, we will start to see more of these bike that go_modem_go talks about... that is if they bring the demand with them.

Quirky
12-11-2006, 09:25 AM
but the Benelli Due wins on looks!
Well, now that I've seen better pics of each one, I think they're both interesting and I'm looking forward to get on a test ride on both. At first I was also more interested in the Due, but now I think the Shiver wins, at least on looks. It's a matter of taste, and it's a good thing there are differences in that. Otherwise the streets and roads might look a bit boring.

Speaking of Benelli, perhaps I'm getting old, but that new Tre K is starting to look interesting, especially in that traditonal green and grey finish. Not only that, but the whole new genre of bikes is sort of luring me, like Tre K, Multistrada and the new Tiger. Perhaps the Super Duke and possibly even the new Shriver as well. Even though it's closer to the Monster genre than the MTS genre.
I've already tried the Duke, it was very nice, and I'll be able to see and possibly try the new Tiger later on this week, and perhaps I'll get to ride the Tre K and MTS in spring. In technical terms, the Tre K seems to have the most interesting set of goodies built in, like the mightiest machine, cassette type transmission box, good Brembo brakes and perhaps even looks. It may not be the ideal touring bike, though. MTS is the second in line, it may be a wee bit lighter, with the Brembo goodies and with that nice retro-ish engine which I like but, the bike looks like, well... The new Tiger seems to have taken notice of several different bikes and technically it's close to Tre K now, it has similar engine, if not quite as oomphy and advanced, but it also has a price tag a couple of kilos to its advantage. It could also be the best tourer of the bunch. But still, it doesn't have quite same appeal as those others. I may well have to reconsider that until Saturday, though, after I've seen the damn Brit in real life.

Don't know what it is, I do like my current bird of pray, too, and I haven't planned on selling/trading it, but there's something in those sporty bikes with longer suspension travel that fancies me. Signs of an approaching mid-life crisis, perhaps? :rolleyes:

Quirky
12-11-2006, 09:49 AM
Thanks. I just got it! One, Due, Tre! (so how do you say One in Italy)? I assume thats a One in back of the Due..
Uno.
Actually, there already is a "One." :)

Realmente, ci "Uno." Guardi il nuovo MX, un moto dei motocross con un singolo cilindro / the new single cylinder MX bike (http://www.twowheelcenter.fi/benellikuvat/2007/mx2.jpg). So in fact there already are One Two and Three in the Benelli line. :)

RSVR Buncey
01-06-2007, 09:03 PM
read this before buying benelli
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103897

teacherboy
01-08-2007, 11:16 PM
That sound is awesome. Sounds like a 911 Porsche.

Quirky
04-29-2007, 12:59 PM
I got to ride three different Benelli models this weekend. Namely TnT Sport, Cafe Racer and TreK. Man, those are really cool bikes! I almost got the fever for a Cafe Racer... what a schweet thing!

The TreK was actually a pleasant surprise as well. I got a chance to take it for a spin on a relatively twisty road and it handled like a charm. Ergonomics were spot on for my figure as well. Same goes for the TnT models. Especially the Cafe Racer felt sporty and nice, clearly better than my Falco, which gives me a bit more cramped riding position. The engine in the TreK wasn't quite as neurotic as in the other two, with a clear sweet spot between 6 and 7k rpm, but still quite sufficient and nice, with a slightly leaner power curve. It was a bit easier to handle, too, obviously. Brakes were exellent in all models. I didn't notice any significant difference between the traditional calipers of the Cafe Racer and the radial ones of the Sport. The forks in the TreK have no adjusters on the top of them, which was a mild disappointment, but in general the bike handled very well. I was surprised with the speed and agility I was able to ride the bumpy curves of my 'test track.'

The bikes are nicer in real life than they are in pictures, because there are a lot of little details around the bike to watch. The triple sound was a bit dull on idle, reminded me of a i4 Kwak, but with the throttle opened and revving around 6 and above rpm, the growl was pretty nice, without the typical Triumph whine accompanied. Although I still prefer the rumble of a twin, like in my Aprilia or in a Ducati.

But that put aside, the bike(s) is(are) very appealing, and if I was to trade my Falco for a brand new bike, I'd certainly feel tempted to get myself a Pesaro triple.

joecop30
08-17-2007, 04:35 PM
Uno = one in Italian

Yeah I just played UNO with my 97 year old grandma and she whooped me.....oh I see we are talking about something else.....:kidding:

Q-Dogg
08-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Man that DUE is gorgeous!
I bet that'd be alot of fun to ride as well.
(I think my Tuono is starting to look a bit (!) out of date???):pissed:

Elridor
08-30-2007, 10:10 PM
The 3 cylinders engins soud gorgeous! Quite like a late sixties formula 1. Heavenly music to my ears!