RSV1000 / SL1000 ECU Fault Codes
To display fault codes:
1) Remove right side panel (the piece that covers the rear subframe and lower gas tank) by removing the two 4mm button-head Allen bolts. Be careful of the plastic tabs on the backside of the panels.
2) You will find two unconnected wires near a big harness clip near the side of the battery. You cannot miss these wires. They are the only 2 unconnected wires in there.
3) Connect the two wires together.
4) Turn key switch to "ON/RUN".
5) DO NOT start or attempt to start engine.
6) The message "DIAG" should appear on left LCD screen along with a number indicating the Fault Code.
7) If your bike is still under warranty, let your Aprilia dealer do all of this.
|Component||Fault Code||Possible Cause|
|Camshaft position sensor||11||Sensor not
|Crankshaft position sensor||12|
|Intake pressure sensor||13|
|Intake pressure sensor||14||Excessive pressure difference between two pressure sensors|
|Throttle position sensor||15||Sensor not
|Coolant temperature sensor||21|
|Air temperature sensor||22|
|Atmospheric pressure sensor (inside ECU)||23||Sensor faulty|
|Ignition coil 1, Front cylinder||33||Ignition coil faulty or wiring not connected|
|Ignition coil 2, Front cylinder||34|
|Ignition coils 1 and 2, Front cylinder||33,34|
|Ignition coil 1, Rear cylinder||35|
|Ignition coil 2, Rear cylinder||36|
|Ignition coils 1 and 2, Rear cylinder||35,36|
|Fall Sensor (tip-over sensor)||41||Sensor not connected.