Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How do I know if my RSVR has the updated swingarm?

apriliaforum prov-nov nz_rsv_mille's Avatar

Swingarm

Just done my 04 this weekend, good time to grease the linkage bearings and check the link plates out

At the risk of sounding stupid

Does this apply for 2004 RSVs world wide? So I should get the recall done for free in Canada too?

At the risk of sounding stupid

I assume this recall is valid for RSVs the world over. So this work will be carried out by a dealer in Canada for me?

Yes, and Yes. So long as it is a 'legit' import and Aprilia Canada recognise your bike.
    I was told by the authorised Aprilia dealer I purchased from that there have been issuses with 'grey imports' that are being sold here in NZ by an importer who cannot register his bikes with Aprilia NZ, and therefore his bikes are not covered under warranty.

Thanks Nosebleed.

hay all

Picked up my new track bike this past weekend an 04 rsvr and the rear swingarm is the orignal one with the two bolt hole's in it so i go to my local dealer and put in a claim for a replacement swingarm not biggie me thinks... but he gets back to me this arvo and tells me that aprilia have knock back the warranty claim because on there computer it already been done

So i check it again this time i notice it got a nice crack coming from the lower hole i ring him back to tell him that it's defently hasn't been changed and that it's got a crack comming from the lower hole he tells me to bring it in and they will take some pic's and see what they can be done about it ... Am i fucked or will they see the light change it... has this happen to anyone else or am i just unlucky ?

thanks marsie

apriliaforum newb
    Just wanted to let you all know - I work for an Aprilia Dealer and had this query from one of our customers today ('04 bike, new to him, old swingarm). I checked the status in Aprilia Warranty & it wasn't showing as being outstanding but I E-mailed AWS & within half an hour had my answer.
    The bike is too old to show in GGP (Warranty system), however recall is outstanding and an E-mail will be sent to Italy to unlock this machine & allow us to do the warranty repair.
    If you are having trouble with your dealer, get him to e-mail AWS.

Good luck
    aprilia-merseyside.com

Quote Originally Posted by marsie View Post
    hay all

Picked up my new track bike this past weekend an 04 rsvr and the rear swingarm is the orignal one with the two bolt hole's in it so i go to my local dealer and put in a claim for a replacement swingarm not biggie me thinks... but he gets back to me this arvo and tells me that aprilia have knock back the warranty claim because on there computer it already been done

So i check it again this time i notice it got a nice crack coming from the lower hole i ring him back to tell him that it's defently hasn't been changed and that it's got a crack comming from the lower hole he tells me to bring it in and they will take some pic's and see what they can be done about it ... Am i fucked or will they see the light change it... has this happen to anyone else or am i just unlucky ?

thanks marsie

I might be having same problem...I contacted a dealer about mine, who after running my VIN said the replacement was already done. I checked my swingarm and it has the two holes in it...(fortunately no crack though). I will pursue this a little more when I go down to see dealer who then tells me that my 05 RSVR has a recall for the fuel lines to be replaced!! go figure!!
    #1 Forum Coprophiliac

mmmmmmmmm.....Panty Gravy!!

I have bad luck....If it were raining vagina's...I would get hit in the head with a Dick!!

apriliaforum newb
    how do i get my swing arm replaced i have an 04 rsvr that has the two screw points, problem is the closest dealer is about an hour away and isn't too great about helping me out with this even after i gave them a part order and my vin number
    It doesn't get better than twins...

apriliaforum newb
    also how soon do i need to get it done the bike is 5 years old but only has 2400 miles

thanks again
    It doesn't get better than twins...

Quote Originally Posted by ACKnauer View Post
    how do i get my swing arm replaced i have an 04 rsvr that has the two screw points, problem is the closest dealer is about an hour away and isn't too great about helping me out with this even after i gave them a part order and my vin number
    I would find another dealer who is willing to go above and beyond to help you out. I went to a dealer about an 1.5 hours away. They sucked..now I drive over 3 hours to a dealer. Worth it!!

also how soon do i need to get it done the bike is 5 years old but only has 2400 miles

thanks again
    It is a recall...so I dont think there is a time stamp on it. I would get it done asap though.
    #1 Forum Coprophiliac

mmmmmmmmm.....Panty Gravy!!

I have bad luck....If it were raining vagina's...I would get hit in the head with a Dick!!

Racing SERVICE Competition Steve / AF1 Racing's Avatar

thanks again
    Stickmeister is right, it is a recall, no expiration date.

Aprilia/Piaggio Corporate has been trying pretty hard to scoop up all the few remaining people that are still running around on pre-recall swingarms.

Get it to a dealer that is willing to do it.
    AF1 Racing, inc / ApriliaForum.com
    9900 North Interstate 35
    Austin, Texas 78753
    direct:512-459-3966 fax:512-482-8319

Currently:
    '97 RS125 Two Stroke

Previously:
    '00.5 Mille & '97 RS250.

how long does it take a dealer to get the part(s)? I notified my local dealer 12 days ago. still haven't got a call that the part is in.
    Alan
    2011 KTM RC8R
    2012 BMW S1000RR (engine #2)
    2013 KTM SMT 990

Racing SERVICE Competition Steve / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fast4d View Post
    how long does it take a dealer to get the part(s)? I notified my local dealer 12 days ago. still haven't got a call that the part is in.
    They're probably going to wait for your to bring the bike in before ordering the part.

Most dealers are not going to pre-order a part that expensive. We stock one, but many dealers do not.
    AF1 Racing, inc / ApriliaForum.com
    9900 North Interstate 35
    Austin, Texas 78753
    direct:512-459-3966 fax:512-482-8319

Currently:
    '97 RS125 Two Stroke

Previously:
    '00.5 Mille & '97 RS250.

This thread made me look twice on my 05 Factory...i checked a year ago when i picked it up but wasnt sure anymore. The swingarm was fine but once i start wrenching i cany stop so the rear brake received a thurough bleeding and i even dropped the fron forks a tad while wiping and polishing everything as i moved along haha

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast