Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How do I know if my RSVR has the updated swingarm?

thanks for the info about the chain guard mounting bracket poussin also i've been looking on the net for the pictures of the parts brake down the 04 rsvr but with no luck any help would be great as i brought a wrecked bike with half the bits missing would be good to know how to put it back toghter

has anyone dealt with barneys in st petersburg Fl about this recall or as a dealer in general? the only tampa area aprilia dealer i know of and this is one part of maintenace i dont get to do myself and am leary
    I'm a aircraft mekanik.....mechenic......mecanic.....I fix Planes

2004 Aprilia RSVR, Tigcraft exhaust....

previous rides:
    2004 honda VFR
    2002 KTM 200 exc
    2002 Ducati ST4s
    2000 Ducati ST2
    ect.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing
    swingarms......doesnt matter if its a racebike or out of warranty.....its a worldwide recall to replace all of them

its the only recall in the USA on these bikes. The clutch pump, resetting dash (miles go to 0), and rear brake are all service bulletins, and can be updated if you are under warranty and are having problems.
    What is done for the service bulletins. I had my dash reset, is there a warranty replacement?
    Life is too short to ride slowly

Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by milleRrrr
    What is done for the service bulletins. I had my dash reset, is there a warranty replacement?
    did your mileage reset to 0 after the battery was disconnected? It only happened on the very first 2004 ones. That is the only problem with the dash. Yes, it would be a warranty replacement

did your mileage reset to 0 after the battery was disconnected? It only happened on the very first 2004 ones. That is the only problem with the dash. Yes, it would be a warranty replacement
    Yes a very early 2004 Vin - It happened in conjuction with a loose dash connection. Dealer said that battery within the dash wasn't getting recharged with the loose connection.

Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    do you still have a problem?

No not now, it seemed to be a one time incedent. Just a few less miles now.

apriliaforum expert
    i fought with my dealer, well fought is a little harsh, but enquired about the recall for the swing arm. At the start he said he didn't know anything about it (i have an 05 and 6000+ VIN), but he called a guy in Christchurch who let him know that the recall is on all 04 - 05 swing arms, so i'm in the queue to receive one in about 6 years... I was just wanred to keep an eye out for cracks.

And lo I did sacrifice a virgin to the great goddess Prila so that she would not smite my swingarm before the new one arrives...

all 04-05 swingarms should be replaced, no matter what mileage. that mileage thing was just used in the beginning of the recall thing to define who would get the first ones: got mine first... in europe... thx to benny again.

oh yes, if the second hole is welded up by a PROFESSIONAL you shouldn't have any problems. not for the rsv owners as you're fully entitled to a replacement, but i'm just saying this for e.g. falco owners who would happen to have put one of the 'bad' swingers in their bikes... warranty does not apply in that case though! that's not my opinion here, but belgium's top aprilia dealer told me, and i've got 200% confidence in him.
    Ride.In.Peace Jens, my dear friend!

WWW.QMS.BE !!!!!

07 rsv factory/project mayhem1... I4's for breakfast...
    07 sxv550/project mayhem2... hypermotards for dinner..... we'll skip lunch....

it's all extremely funny.....untill somebody gets hurt.....then it gets hilarious!!!!!!
    i've met the 'man in the street'..... and he's a w*nker!

Angry

Hey Ed, I had this problem several times infact I had only 3000 miles but I rode for 23000 !
    My mechanic told me that you can read the mileage from the ECU with axione but I'd like to solve the problem.
    Is it right?!

What I have to do?!
    I had very first 2004 Aprilia (June-July)
    Thank you for appreciation.

"I'm just from the old school where you get on the bike,
    open the throttle, go fast, brake later than the next guy,
    go fast around the corner and win the race. Why complicate it?"
    - Carl Fogarty -

RSVR 04 - a.k.a. BUBI - modlist
    - level 2 airbox mods;
    - full titanium GPR: wrap in progress;
    - high performance titanium clutch discs;
    - 520 RK racing chain (16x44);
    - OZ rims;
    - Satoracing's rearsets black;
    - Plastics with CKruzel's decals black;
    - Brembo 19x18 brake black;
    - Brembo 16x18 clutch black;
    - PCIII usb also black (like the blues brothers);

Quote Originally Posted by MASHMAN
    i fought with my dealer, well fought is a little harsh, but enquired about the recall for the swing arm. At the start he said he didn't know anything about it (i have an 05 and 6000+ VIN), but he called a guy in Christchurch who let him know that the recall is on all 04 - 05 swing arms, so i'm in the queue to receive one in about 6 years... I was just wanred to keep an eye out for cracks.

And lo I did sacrifice a virgin to the great goddess Prila so that she would not smite my swingarm before the new one arrives...
    Hey MASHMAN, did you go to Motorad about the swingarm? 'cos TSS in Lower Hutt are now an official Aprilia dealer and have an Axone, an they seem to be very helpful on most stuff. I didn't know bout the recall till now so i'll enquire on Tuesday.

apriliaforum expert
    Hola! I've got a prila just like that one. Nope, unfortunately mine was bought through Masterton (who say they have the Axone, but i'll be checking the versions on here that they should have before i go over that thar hill again) so I'm off over the hill for services etc... I did go along and have a chat to TSS and they seemed pretty clued (not tricky as I is more than a little ignorant when it comes to bikes unfortunately). Another guy on here got his Axone'd for free at TSS as he was the first over there apparantly.

Except mines not a factory, couldn't quite get the cash together for one...

Quote Originally Posted by MASHMAN
    Hola! I've got a prila just like that one. Nope, unfortunately mine was bought through Masterton (who say they have the Axone, but i'll be checking the versions on here that they should have before i go over that thar hill again) so I'm off over the hill for services etc... I did go along and have a chat to TSS and they seemed pretty clued (not tricky as I is more than a little ignorant when it comes to bikes unfortunately). Another guy on here got his Axone'd for free at TSS as he was the first over there apparantly.

Except mines not a factory, couldn't quite get the cash together for one...
    Last time I spoke to Masterton m/c's they didn't have an Axone and hadn't sold an RSV so yours must be the only one so not much expierence there.
    I checked my swingarm and it's the older type so I guess I'll have to get in queue!
    You got any mods fitted? mine is stock at the moment but I'm looking at pipes and airbox mod.

apriliaforum expert
    Masterton aren't too bad, just don't let the YTS mechanic touch your bike as he dropped mine the day before i picked it up. The head mechanic, Barry, seems pretty clued as i've seen everything from scooters to Harley's to Ducs roll in and out of that place.

They only recently received the Axone and are dying to give a try apparantly. I'm waiting on some Akrapovic pipes through AF1. dunno if i'll go down the mods road too much as i'm only likely to do a track day a year, if at all, not really got the bug for that... as YET!

The only thing i was suspect about was that they didn't know about the swingarm recall and the fact that this seems to be the erse end of the world for Prila parts doesn't help. Masterton seem to talk to a place in Christchurch to get all of their Prila information, but hopefully soon my bits and bobs to sort the dropped bike will arrive soon and fingers crossed a swing arm too. Than i just need them pipes and i'll be a happy chappy.

I spoke to the head guy at TSS at some length a while back, as i had enquired about pipes through them and he got back to me with some 800 bucks difference to AF1's price, so if i was you i'd order your pipes through anyone but a dealer.

Good luck...

apriliaforum expert thereisnospoon's Avatar
    wow thanks for that, i just found out mine is bad, I had the dealer look at it before and they said it was good and the recall didnt effect 04's
    No matter was created or destroyed in the sending of this message. However, a number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast