Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aprilia SR 50 R Tuning.

Aprilia SR 50 R Tuning.

Hello everybody.

I have a few questions about Aprilia SR 50 R 2006 (carburator version).

1. I have heard, that if you put a new exhaust on your stock scooter, then it doesn't matter if it's Arrow Limited exhaust or Gianelli Shot exhaust - is that true or not ?!

2. If I put Arrow Limited, Malossi Multivar and Malossi/Polini speed clutch on my SR 50, how great top speed should I get and would the accelration be good enough to practise wheelie ?

I would be very thankful if you guys can help me with those questions.

Now it's in the right forum.

Genius.
    Last edited by Genius; 10-09-2006 at 07:15 AM.

Nobody can help me ?

At least for 1 of those questions.

BTW - I know that it was double-post.

Just, I'm problably going to buy a SR 50 R so I need some information before buying something.

Genius.

apriliaforum Member
    I'd get a yasuni Z or R exhaust. I have 2 arrows sitting in the garage. Guys that are good at wheelies probably can do them on a stock bike. Once you start derestrictin, race exhaust, variator,clutch, big bore kit, etc, etc the differnce in performance is amazing. It takesa little putt, putt 35mph scoot into sometimes scarry 70 mph machine. The question is are you ready for a loud, and bank account draining, agressive sport cycle? You might want to practise wheelies on a beater bike versus a new one. My2cents.
    Kurt

2000 SR50 LC w/ Minarelli engine
    Delorto 21 mm carb w/ Malossi 19 mm 45 intake manifold w/carbon reeds Doppler air filter
    Malossi MHR Replica 70 cc kit w/ BGM race crank
    Malossi Overdrive kit (oversized torque driver & Variator w/ 4.5 gram weights & Red contra spring)
    Malossi Delta Clutch & Bell
    Yasuni R pipe with the 2 restrictors removed
    Malossi race tc rpm unit

So you are saying that Yasuni R is much better than Arrow Limited or Gianelli Shot ?

And problably those sayings that "with stock machine there's no matter what exhaust you put on" are bs ?

Thankyou and I'm not gonna make it a full tuned scooter. Beacuse it will take much fuel and it can break down easily. I'm sure that'll put on a new exhaust, clutch and variator and MAYBE a new cylinder.

So even on a stock machine it's best to put on: Yasuni R, Polini Speed Clutch 2G, Malossi Multivar (?) and Hebo Manston/Malossi MHR Replica.

Damn, I ask too many questions !
    Last edited by Genius; 10-19-2006 at 01:48 AM.

if your keeping the cylinder stock, get the yasuni Z, only if your getting the 70 cc kit, get the R.
    Children in the dark cause accidents.....Accidents in the dark cause children.

Hebo Manston Replica 70cc lc
    Hebo High Performance gasket and seals kit.
    Yasuni R pipe
    Carbon Fibre Air filter
    19 mm Arreche carb (with 90 mm jet)
    19 mm Intake Manifold
    Polini Race Variator kit (6.0 gram rollers)
    Polini Carbon Fibre Reed Valves
    Polini G1 Race clutch
    Carbon Fibre Kickstart

I'm still thinking about Arrow Limited. It's very beautiful and Arrow is the trademark to trust...

Or if I still make it a 70cc scooter and put Yasuni - I would put Yasuni Carrera 16.

the carrera 16 is for racing cylinders like the polini evo, the R is for mid-race engines

Yasuni R pipe
    Carbon Fibre Air filter
    19 mm Intake Manifold
    Polini G1 Race clutch
    Carbon Fibre Kickstart

apriliaforum Member ApriliaSense's Avatar
    Gid that is completely wrong.The carrera16 is a midrace exhaust and the R is a sport.You can't put a c16 on an Evo cylinder.The Evo revs higher than the c16 s powerband.It needs the c20...I'm talking because i had a midrace cylinder with the c16 and it performed as it supposed to...

I think that ApriliaSense is right.

But I have heard that Yasuni exhausts make terrible sound. Isn't that so ?

I still don't buy a black/white coloured Aprilia.

I'll wait til' the new year, when the new colorr combinations will come up.

But I don't think that I'll put a Yasuni. I like Arrow or Gianelli more and I thin that Arrow Limited is a great exhaust for SR. I'll put that on beacuse I'm pretty sure that someday I will make that scooter 70cc.

Thanks for your help - we can still discuss this topic.

Get a yasuni or giannelli, iv had both and there both really decent. in my opinion the yasuni doesn't sound terrible at all, just not a deep low sound like some other pipes. Also the power band is very broad on the yasuni's
    Last edited by BenSR50; 10-19-2006 at 03:51 PM.

I think the yasuni's sounds deepest of all (not like the gia's and arrows all bumblebee in a tin can like).

Arrow makes great motorcycle exhausts but their scooter exhausts are crap.

Go with the yasuni R.
    Supermoto Central - 100% Supermoto

The sound of the pipe also depends from the cylinder you have.Genius if you plan to go with a midrace cylinder you will regret it if you get a gianelli.I have put my gianelli on the bike once because the cops wouldn't let me take my bike from the department with the yasuni on,and the bike performed like crap,or should i say didn't perform at all...As for the colors,don't bother,get the bike and paint it yourself.This is my little costume colored SR:

Thanks again everybody !

So like you all are saying, I should go with the Yasuni R. Okay then.

ApriliaSense - your scooter is very beautfil and Yasuni matches it well.

I don't want to paint my scooter beacuse it costs pretty much, with that money I could get a new pipe for it so I think that painting isn't so important.

Just where I live, there are many new SR 50's and it's boring if I have the same coloured scooter as many other friends.

So, I should get the Yasuni R, but if I make it a 70cc I'm putting a Yasuni C16 (if it's sport cylinder).

Genius.

well i suppose your right Apriliasense, you can see all my parts in my signature and i have gotten 134 km/h on the clock on the flat, i would have gotten the yas c16 but they dont have it for the morini on scooter centre.

Yasuni R pipe
    Carbon Fibre Air filter
    19 mm Intake Manifold
    Polini G1 Race clutch
    Carbon Fibre Kickstart

@Genius,thanx for your comment on the bike.You don't need a c16 for a sport cylinder but for a mid-race.

@Gid,a c16 would suit your setup better and a bigger carb,at least 21

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast