Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Axone 2000

apriliaforum expert hakan_olsson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amauri
    Not true,
    Using dial-up, anyone can connect the AXONE to the TEXA download site. The userid, password and FTP site address are already configured in the AXONE and cannot be viewed or changed.
    I got it quite differently (email 2 years ago from TEXA) One need to be established as an Aprilia dealer in order to have access to Aprilia specific Axone programs and stuff. Maybe I have it wrong here but I thought when you buy the Axone, you buy it via the Aprilia distributor with everything setup for downloads and so on and you are "in". But, usually only dealers can buy from distributors and the only option left is to buy Axone from TEXA. But buying direct from TEXA does not include userid/passwords etc to get access to Aprilia stuff.

Yes, maybe this is very wrong, but that's how I remember it.
    Last edited by hakan_olsson; 09-30-2006 at 12:00 PM.

Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    the Axone is just a basic OBDII computer terminal (think Commodore 64 computing power)....its no Pentium power

on the back of the computer is a place for cartridges, these are what contain the vehicle specific programs. There are Aprilia, M-G, Ducati, Volvo, and probably Saab, M-B, BMW, etc cartridges too....these give the Axone computer function. We have an osciliscope cartridge too to make it into a an oscilliscope. Car shops all over Europe use the Texa Axone diagnostic computer with various catridges and cables setups. Car shops over here mainly use the Snap-On MT2000 computer in the same manner.

To get the Aprilia cartridges, the complete Axone/cartridge/cable package must be ordered from an aprilia dealer. When you buy it, you can get all the software updates by a dial-up connection to Texa.
    AF1 Racing
    Ed Cook AF1 ed@af1racing.com
    AF1 Racing, inc / ApriliaForum.com
    Main New Braunfels dealership: 699 W San Antonio St, New Braunfels, TX 78130
    Austin Downtown Dealership: 304 E Cesar Chavez, Austin, TX 78701
    toll free:877-626-3966 direct:830-626-3966 fax:830-626-3969

AF1 Racing Online Store

he said dial-up
    #1 Forum Mod Pisser-Offer

Some say a comet will fall from the sky. Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still. Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits. Some say the end is near. Some say we'll see armageddon soon. I certainly hope we will
    I sure could use a vacation from this stupid shit, silly shit, stupid shit... One great big festering neon distraction, I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim!!!

apriliaforum expert derrickhackman's Avatar
    cripe, this sounds stone-age ... why not a simple port of the software to a PC-based architecture and run everything through USB? I am sure they are thinking about this ... it seems so simple.

The functionality on the AXONE, from what I saw, is not that deep and it really doesn't do much computing at all...
    What am I doing now ?

Quote Originally Posted by derrickhackman
    or even better, is there a way to get the axone software in a PC version that can run on a laptop? Of course you would need a connector that works with the bike connector. Or do you need to full-blown standalone axone tool?

This guy http://www.tuneboy.com.au/ was working on one for the RSV but i think he run into trouble decrypting the RSVs computer . I use his software on my Triumph. Its Brilliant. Check it out you can download http://www.tuneboy.com.au/Support/Download.html the software for free and have a play with all its functions.
    Last edited by locknload; 09-30-2006 at 03:41 PM.

apriliaforum expert Jony2Stones's Avatar

Talking

From the Aprilia dealer (you guys) how much is the kit (+the cable (for SXV)), axone, and cartridge)???

Psssst.....Don't be afraid to pm with cost and availability....
    Last edited by Jony2Stones; 09-30-2006 at 08:11 PM.
    "It's broken (btw).......I put it on, it started playing the Beverly Hill Cops theme song --- and then leaked something brown onto my arm........"

just another Aprilia fanatic amauri's Avatar
    Southern California between Los Angeles and OC
    Quote Originally Posted by hakan_olsson
    I got it quite differently (email 2 years ago from TEXA) One need to be established as an Aprilia dealer in order to have access to Aprilia specific Axone programs and stuff. Maybe I have it wrong here but I thought when you buy the Axone, you buy it via the Aprilia distributor with everything setup for downloads and so on and you are "in". But, usually only dealers can buy from distributors and the only option left is to buy Axone from TEXA. But buying direct from TEXA does not include userid/passwords etc to get access to Aprilia stuff.

Yes, maybe this is very wrong, but that's how I remember it.
    You can believe what you remember someone else telling you two years ago or you can believe what I'm telling you now, your choice.

I purchased my AXONE two years ago when I got my first Factory, one year before I started working for an Aprilia dealer, Spectrum.
    Once I figured out how to use if, I've had no trouble downloading all the updates since, without any special authorization or passwords from Aprilia or anyone else.
    Never accept mediocrity, always demand competence.

Certified Aprilia Moto Service in Southern California
    Call me at 714 892-4056 for appointment

apriliaforum expert Dr. Thrillride's Avatar
    I bought an axone one year ago and same goes.

Even if this was on a PC, I'll take the axone anytime. Who the hell wants to use a PC? Laptop or not, what a PITA. I've packed my laptop around for the PCIII and nothing but hassles seeing the screen. You need a shady day, or a cover to go under. And this is not a dull screen we're talking about.

with the backlit LCD panel on the axone, I can always see it...and it's simple to use. If you can't use the axone, step away from anything electronic

Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing
    ..To get the Aprilia cartridges, the complete Axone/cartridge/cable package must be ordered from an aprilia dealer. When you buy it, you can get all the software updates by a dial-up connection to Texa.

Quote Originally Posted by amauri
    You can believe what you remember someone else telling you two years ago or you can believe what I'm telling you now, your choice.

I purchased my AXONE two years ago when I got my first Factory, one year before I started working for an Aprilia dealer, Spectrum.
    Once I figured out how to use if, I've had no trouble downloading all the updates since, without any special authorization or passwords from Aprilia or anyone else.
    Ok, it's geting clear now. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hakan_olsson
    Ok, it's geting clear now. Thanks.
    Except the price : how much does it costs ?
    2010 White RSV4-R
    öhlins fork
    TTX36 öhlins rear shock
    R&G Racing fork sliders and swingarm cotton reels
    Cruciata track bodywork
    Pro Fiber carbon-Kevlar frame & swing arm cover
    Pro Fiber carbon-Kevlar clutch & stator cover
    15x41 sprockets
    Accossato quick action throttle
    TWM clutch & brake levers
    Blue OZ Wheels
    Decals by CKruzel

Previous Aprilia bikes
    2004 black RSV R Factory
    2000 SL Falco

http://www.rsvfactory.ovh.org

apriliaforum expert derrickhackman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Thrillride
    I bought an axone one year ago and same goes.

Even if this was on a PC, I'll take the axone anytime. Who the hell wants to use a PC? Laptop or not, what a PITA. I've packed my laptop around for the PCIII and nothing but hassles seeing the screen. You need a shady day, or a cover to go under. And this is not a dull screen we're talking about.

with the backlit LCD panel on the axone, I can always see it...and it's simple to use. If you can't use the axone, step away from anything electronic
    In an effort to minimize the number of things that I have to sherpa around with me or otherwise manage at the track I would rather it all be on one machine (laptop). Glad you like the AXONE the way it is but I would much rather have a PC version similar to the PC3 software. Just a difference in ideas ...

So how much did the Axone set you back Doc? And how did you get it ... in case someone would want to get one.
    What am I doing now ?

I would be nice if they could open up a litle so you could adjust cell values like with a PCIII. It could be simple as a text file with some known structure with comma seperated info or so.

Maybe that would make the final result better than using a PCIII. I've read, from different sources who claim they loose power when using a Power Commander with zero mapp. If that's due to the delay which I measured to 20ms between in and outs, or if it's true at all - I don't know though.
    Last edited by hakan_olsson; 10-01-2006 at 06:48 PM.

apriliaforum expert Dr. Thrillride's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by derrickhackman
    So how much did the Axone set you back Doc? And how did you get it ... in case someone would want to get one.
    I got it from a dealer that dumped Aprilia when things got nasty last year. It was not 'cheap'.

[QUOTE In an effort to minimize the number of things that I have to sherpa around with me or otherwise manage at the track I would rather it all be on one machine (laptop). Glad you like the AXONE the way it is but I would much rather have a PC version similar to the PC3 software. Just a difference in ideas QUOTE]

Did you get a chance to look at the Tuneboy/Tunedit software. Pity someone here couldn't lend a hand with breaking the code on the RSVs ecu
    Last edited by locknload; 10-02-2006 at 12:56 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12