Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bol d'Or

Bol d'Or

Team Motociclismo's Aprilia RSV1000 takes on the famous French 24 hour endurance race, with ongoing coverage here: http://www.aprilia.com/boldor/default.asp?lin2=ita

The onboard lap is most entertaining!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Graphicologist Extraordinaire ckruzel's Avatar
    good post ricky, did you check out the shift light flashing, i guess they didn't reset the rpm threshold
    2010 White RSV4R
    Custom Graphics
    decal questions? email me at kruzel (at)drippinwet.com
    check us out on facebook!
    Making Decals for some of the Fastest People on the Planet
    J.Hayes | M.Paris | J.Herrin | Z.Herrin | D.Westby | T.Knapp | S.Coviello | S.Villa | H.Nash | B.Solis | J.Day | C.West | A.Welsh | E.Meyers | D.Eslick | G.May | C.Alexander | D.Gaviria | J.Rispoli | J.Pascarella | B.Cretu | S.Mesa |C.Sellerom (check us out on facebook)

Graphicologist Extraordinaire ckruzel's Avatar
    looks like the flywheel weight is gone also, that thing revs quickly, but also rips off the corners
    2010 White RSV4R
    Custom Graphics
    decal questions? email me at kruzel (at)drippinwet.com
    check us out on facebook!
    Making Decals for some of the Fastest People on the Planet
    J.Hayes | M.Paris | J.Herrin | Z.Herrin | D.Westby | T.Knapp | S.Coviello | S.Villa | H.Nash | B.Solis | J.Day | C.West | A.Welsh | E.Meyers | D.Eslick | G.May | C.Alexander | D.Gaviria | J.Rispoli | J.Pascarella | B.Cretu | S.Mesa |C.Sellerom (check us out on facebook)

on board lap wouldn't they be using a quick shifter?? I noticed he was shifting the first few gears at about 6k when he first entered the track and then there after was up farther in the rev range
    #1 Forum Mod Pisser-Offer

Some say a comet will fall from the sky. Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still. Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits. Some say the end is near. Some say we'll see armageddon soon. I certainly hope we will
    I sure could use a vacation from this stupid shit, silly shit, stupid shit... One great big festering neon distraction, I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim!!!

Gearing

They would be running lower ratios at Magny Cours, it's not a superfast circuit. The RSV is entered in Superstock, so flywheel mods are probably not permitted.

It may not be TOO obnoxious in bright sunshine but they will certainly want to reset the shift light before nightfall!

was there sound with that clip??
    #1 Forum Mod Pisser-Offer

Some say a comet will fall from the sky. Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still. Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits. Some say the end is near. Some say we'll see armageddon soon. I certainly hope we will
    I sure could use a vacation from this stupid shit, silly shit, stupid shit... One great big festering neon distraction, I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim!!!

jesus... that gold frame looks WORSE with that color scheme!!!!!

Is Carl's Jr. the son of Hot Carl?

Hey Now

It wouldn't be an Aprilia if it didn't have more colors than a box of Crayolas, right?

Still, I dig the nostalgia scheme though perhaps not as an everyday ride! The Schwantz Replica Arai is another nice touch, worth a second a lap.

Or a trip in the crash truck.

Quote Originally Posted by duc slayer
    was there sound with that clip??
    The sound worked for me - deep & throaty... nice vid!

Racing SERVICE Competition Steve / AF1 Racing's Avatar

Handling

Most interesting on lap three to see the two superbike spec Japanese bikes motor past on the straight only to have the RSVR to gobble them right back up in the turns.
    AF1 Racing, inc / ApriliaForum.com
    699 W San Antonio St
    New Braunfels, TX 78130

direct:830-626-3966 fax:830-626-3969

Currently:
    '97 RS125 Two Stroke

Previously:
    '00.5 Mille & '97 RS250.

Freaky Frenchman

Pre-race goings-on...wait 'til SpeedTV gets a load of this one!

Paint scheme winner

Interesting that the paint scheme was by the winner of over 800 entries and was fairly local to Aprilia.

Actually I like it but not on the road, I prefer the stealth approach being the the highway patrol seems to see loud cars and bikes before nice stockers.

Maybe a bike in camo might be the go.

Maurice
    no matter the brand of bike, the wind is the same.

Finis

Team Motociclismo's Aprilia finished tenth overall, third in superstock, and the first twin (and European) bike home.

As nice as having a World Superbike team would be, taking a machine that's much closer to what we actually ride and ruthlessly pounding it around the clock proves its quality. The case is made!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky J
    As nice as having a World Superbike team would be, taking a machine that's much closer to what we actually ride and ruthlessly pounding it around the clock proves its quality.
    Having the reputation of being 'bullet-proof' has always been a positive association.

Now the 04 swingarm and other issues with the clutch, rear brake and batteries on the newer versions as well as the parts supply and previous AUSA dealer support has hurt the brand - in reality, they still are a solid bike with very good build quality!

Love the onboard lap. Probably one of the nicest one laps I've seen when it comes to camera footage. Hopefully, they will do better next year even thought this was a solid move in the right direction.

Ryon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast