Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SR50 Ditech service manuals?

SR50 Ditech service manuals?

Does the SR50 Ditech have service manuals like the other bikes do? I've got my regular owners manual, but there are some things I want more detail on, and a service manual/engine manual would help a lot.

If anyone knows where I could get a service manual and/or engine manual for the Ditech (a 2001, if it matters), preferably a download in .pdf form, I would be eternally grateful. But failing that, would anyone know where I could order said manuals, and how much they would cost?

Thanks,
    sam

apriliaforum newb
    Try here http://www.aprilia-center.dk/ click on the "download manual" on the left side, and then choose model.

apriliaforum expert Dragster pilota's Avatar
    phiadeux in da house:
    If anyone knows where I could get a service manual and/or engine manual for the Ditech

How about the complete workshop manuals for (right ckick and download).....

Aprilia DiTech US-version....

Aprilia DiTech EU-version....

DP says: Hyssshhhh don't ever tell where you got them.....

Tell them where I got what?

Did anyone ever get those manuals DP posted a link for? Link is now dead cause its really old, but if someone has them, could they drop me a PM PLEASE!!

apriliaforum newb

re: manuals

this link is still good

http://www.aprilia-center.dk/

apriliaforum Member
    Although they dont have one for the SR50 Factory yet

apriliaforum Member Dale Zalaoras's Avatar

2001 SR 50 Ditech manuals

I have USA "factory" manuals for my 2001 that I purchased from my dealers. I will post Aprilia part numbers tomorrow. When my Ditech died, the manual helped me trouble shoot it. At that time, I discovered my factory manual (loose leaf Euro/Asian size "A4" paper, which is not standard USA binder size) needed a supplement publication for the fuel injected engine, which has a different, but similar wiring diagram and ignition system. I bought the moped with 300 miles on it, and it never quite ran right when cold. It wouldn't idle when cold, but I didn't mind too much because I don't like to let an engine warm-up at idle anyway. It eventually quit running-a no start condition-which is when I discovered the lack of coverage of the F.I. engine, necessitating the ordering of the supplement. In the wait for the extra manual I determined the open reading on the primary side of the ignition coil meant the coil was bad (0 ohms). A new replacement coil from Aprilia was about $100 US dollars, as was the "main" manual (loose leaf-no binder). I didn't realize the red flashing light was flashing in "code" to aid in trouble shooting! A dealer wanted another $35 for an Aprilia binder!!!!!! I went to an office supply store and they had to order an A4 binder. I think it was about $18, maybe a little less! This coil must have been bad from the factory, and unless mine was a rare failure, it's probably a common replacement item that only Aprilia & it's coil supplier know about, unless they have published a technical service bulletin (TSB) on it. By the way, it now idles when cold!!!!
    Dale The Mad Greek Zalaoras

Unfortunately for you, the 'Shop' manuals AND the FI supplement are available for free in .pdf format at the link above. You can print them off on 8.5 x 11 and punch the holes wherever you want.

Also, software update (version 2.7.0 & 2.8.0) solves the cold weather running problem that plagued the Ditech.

costly manuals FOR 2001 (USA) SR-50 DITECH

Quote Originally Posted by TiminIndy
    Unfortunately for you, the 'Shop' manuals AND the FI supplement are available for free in .pdf format at the link above. You can print them off on 8.5 x 11 and punch the holes wherever you want.

Also, software update (version 2.7.0 & 2.8.0) solves the cold weather running problem that plagued the Ditech.
    Thanks for the reply, Tim. At the time of my ignition coil failure ( it WAS a coil failure, and not a software problem) My internet access was limited to the public library, which charges $1.00 per page for color. The "SERVICE AND REPAIR MANUAL"-APRILIA part #8140222 (<964X> is also on the cover) is 94 pages ($94 to print on poor quality copy paper), so it was a "no brainer" to have the dealer order it, at the time. The previously mentioned Aprilia supplement is titled "QUICK WORKSHOP MANUAL", APRILIA part # not on cover page, but <1050 1> is on cover and is subtitled "Aprilia Engine Ditech Electronic Liquid injection Cooling". It is 3/8" thick with many 11 3/4" x 16.5" fold-out pages. I don't recall the price of the 1050 1, but it wasn't cheap. My bike was de-regulated (spacer & ECU) in about 2002 or 2003, so I have no idea what, if any, updates are installed. The engine runs well when cold and I'm #250 and it will top 50 mph, so there aren't performance issues from my perspective, but I should check with a dealer to see if I have version 2.7.0 or 2.8.0. Whenever I purchase a new or used vehicle I always procure factory shop manuals to aid me, as I attempt to do all mechanical work myself. They are (normally) an invaluable source of info, but the quality can vary, especially when translated from Italian to British English to American English! I've found Ford manuals particularly well written. My local Aprilia dealer has a two or three week wait for service, so you can see just one reason why I do all I can by myself!
    Last edited by Dale Zalaoras; 05-15-2005 at 03:35 PM. Reason: correct spelling

No Good Links

The previous links in this thread don't seem to work and/or apply for my model-USA, 2001 SR50 Ditech-American English. By the way, from now on, I require all postings from Brits, Aussy's, New Zealanders, et cetera, to type in AMERICAN English. You MAY use vernacular slang, but you MUST include translations!!! Remember, this is an international forum, with many members that have limited English skills!!!! Since the USA is the future seat of the coming One World Government, you might as well start learning and using American English!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We Americans are currently showing the world the superiority of our armed forces, and we have long dominated in invention, technology, medicine, finance, etc. SO START BOWING DOWN AND SALUTING YOUR SUPERIORS!!!!! ALL OF YOU!!!

Dude, you aren't going to find any friends or get any help in here posting all that BS. I'm an American also and I have excellent communication skills, and often I am frustrated by the internet-ease postings in here among English speaking people, but be realistic. Like you said, this is an international forum, so you should expect to deal with people whose English is not as good as yours. How many languages do you speak? Many of the guys posting in here use English as a second or third language, so give them a break. Maybe you should have bought an American-built scooter.

Your chest beating rant about American domination is exactly why so many hate us throughout the world. Take it to the 'Biker Bar' and see what happens.

I guess I just assumed the proper links were on this thread, but apparently they are not. Here you go:

http://www.aprilia-center.dk/workshop/info_1.htm

http://www.serviceaprilia.com/public/lum/index.asp?

http://www.aprilia.no/?id=11

By the way, Dale, there are guys in here from Eastern Europe who OWN computers that will run circles around your public library's computer.

Also, the people on this forum that I have found to be the most knowledgeable and helpful are generally all from Europe.

Get a clue.

To Tim:

Quote Originally Posted by TiminIndy
    Dude, you aren't going to find any friends or get any help in here posting all that BS. I'm an American also and I have excellent communication skills, and often I am frustrated by the internet-ease postings in here among English speaking people, but be realistic. Like you said, this is an international forum, so you should expect to deal with people whose English is not as good as yours. How many languages do you speak? Many of the guys posting in here use English as a second or third language, so give them a break. Maybe you should have bought an American-built scooter.

Your chest beating rant about American domination is exactly why so many hate us throughout the world. Take it to the 'Biker Bar' and see what happens.

I guess I just assumed the proper links were on this thread, but apparently they are not. Here you go:

http://www.aprilia-center.dk/workshop/info_1.htm

http://www.serviceaprilia.com/public/lum/index.asp?

http://www.aprilia.no/?id=11
    Tim, dude, chill- the "smilies" at the end of my rant were intended for our English, Aussy, New Zealand and other English speaking friends. They were meant to indicate my feeble attempt to inject some humor into this thread. The three in a row bowing down, two winks, and capitalized text of my post should have helped to indicate this. The slang they use is difficult to understand by many, and THAT is why I wanted them to be aware of the others, PARTICULARLY those whose English is their second or third language. I'm sorry if you and others missed my attempt at humor and I apoligize to any I may have upset. Technical issues require detailed explanations to eliminate/reduce misunderstandings, and of course slang can add to the confusion.
    Last edited by Dale Zalaoras; 05-15-2005 at 03:29 PM. Reason: correct typos

Believe it or not, I am probably the one who attacks people the most about the IM language (does n-e-1 no english n-e-more?) I tell them this is an adult forum for technical info that is indexed in the major search engines. The ones who are doing the best they can in a foreign language is another story.

I knew you were kidding, but I didn't want to see you alienate the entire forum with your 3rd post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast