The following postings are to show you how to install a big bore kit. I put it on a mojito, but if you own some other carb model, the same steps would apply.
If you want to install a big bore kit on a water cooled engine, click here to see a step by step being done on a SR 50 ditech: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...2913#post72913
Let me start by letting you know some basics...
1. If you tamper with the motor in any way to de-restrict it, some dealers will completely void your warranty. So make sure this is a sacrifice you are willing to make.
2. ALL bolts and socket head cap screws are in metric! Don't try to work on your vehicle if you don't have metric tools, you will just end up messing up the heads.
3. I am NOT a mechanic, I have just been working on motorcycles for a long time and know a little about what I am doing. I just take pictures of what I do and how I do it, then I post them for people who don't know what to do.
4. I feel the easiest way to do this is to completely remove the entire engine and drive train to install it. I have heard that you can do this in-frame, but I didn't want the bother. So you may or may not have to remove everything I did to install the kit.
5. Since I am not a mechanic, if you feel that I am incorrect in my installation procedures, or feel that I have neglected to mention something important, feel free to add to these postings. I promise my feelings won't be hurt. Likewise, if you feel these are beneficial to you, let me know so I know that I am not just wasting my time doing this.
OK, lets get started. Make sure you have a clean environment to work in. You are going to be dealing with delicate parts that dirt can have a very adverse effect on.