Thread: steering alignment ...

steering alignment ...

collected my 01 falco a few weeks ago & LOVE IT.

not sure who owned it before me so I reset all the suspension settings to factory standard - feels ok - also not sure of when the last fork oil change etc was done ... will send it to Aprilia for a full check up shortly.

my problem is it feels like the left handlebar/grip is slightly forward compared with the right (maybe 5mm) - i also feel like i'm leaning over to the left in my riding position.

what's the process for checking if the handlebars/forks are out of whack? and if they are how do i re-align them?

FYI - I have added a ventura rack (with the Leo Vince pipes in place) - will post pics of install later. OMG those Pipes sound good!!!

apriliaforum Junkie twowheels78's Avatar
    First off... WAFO... standard forum greeting Congrats on the new purchase... you won't be dissappointed

The stock clip-ons cannot be rotated on the fork leg as there is a bolt that goes through the clip-on into the bottom of the top triple clamp... unless it was removed... take a look you should be able to see it easily. It's more likely the that bike fell over and the clip-on is bent... try checking it with a straight edge. Is it the right or left one that seems bent? Good luck!