Yowza

Clint,

We are consecutive- mine is a 2001, last 4 of 0037
    Scott
    '04 Yamaha FJR (0013)
    IBA 19,400
    DarkSider 039

Quote Originally Posted by clint64
    Sorry typo, last four 0038. remind me not to look at small numbers without glasses.

Clint
    So, you guy's bikes are old friends who met on the assembly line?
    If I just gave you mechanical, personal, legal or medical advice, it's up to you to get a proper diagnosis from a qualified expert.

We should get them together for a reunion... meet ya in Denver next year

I bought mine from a guy in Michigan and I think he bought it in Ohio. Now it's much happier in Oregon
    Scott
    '04 Yamaha FJR (0013)
    IBA 19,400
    DarkSider 039

apriliaforum expert commandodave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy541
    Clint,

We are consecutive- mine is a 2001, last 4 of 0037
    I notice that we all own silver 01s with VINs in the 0030s. Was silver the earliest color, or was it offered in all four versions back then?

Dave

Whatever happened to that bike owner map thing?

ISTC Blue, Orangy Red, and Silver as the original colors in the US.
    Last edited by rblue02; 08-16-2006 at 03:17 PM.

'02 Futura, Blue

apriliaforum expert

Silver

Yes. Silver was her color and 50 was her number... but I sold 'er.

I think it's languishing in Detroit!
    "Where it is a duty to worship the Sun, it is pretty sure to be a crime to examine the laws of thermodynamics." J. Morley

Of all creatures on an incredible, unique, alive and beautiful world, the human is the nearly totally defective element; like the cancer which is basically, out of control, knowing no limits and respecting no boundaries.

Map thing

I started that Futura but never finished it. There were just not enough guys juping in to say do it. I thought if it ended up as only 12 or so guys it would be just about worthless. If there is interest I'll pick it up again and do it. I have a large U.S. map in the other room that has stick pins in it where the guys live. I have about 20 or so at this point. I have always thought some sort of directory would be cool and very helpful if someone is touring and has a problem. It would be cool if AF1 would do this since they already have the list of members on this site. A simple form letter asking them for permission to publish their information would do. If there were additional information like proximity to a service provider that would be helpfull too. If they had an online list (password protected) as well as a pdf version you could print and put in a tank bag that would be awesome.

Bob

Should I post all three of my RST #s or just the 04 model?

"Although all men are born free, slavery has been the general lot of the human race. Ignorant - they have been cheated; asleep - they have been surprised; divided - the yoke has been forced upon them. But what is the lesson? ...the people ought to be enlightened, to be awakened, to be united, that after establishing a govenment they should watch over it.... It is universally admitted that a well-instructed people alone can be permanently free."
    --James Madison

In deed.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdavis73
    I started that Futura but never finished it. There were just not enough guys juping in to say do it. I thought if it ended up as only 12 or so guys it would be just about worthless. If there is interest I'll pick it up again and do it. I have a large U.S. map in the other room that has stick pins in it where the guys live. I have about 20 or so at this point. I have always thought some sort of directory would be cool and very helpful if someone is touring and has a problem. It would be cool if AF1 would do this since they already have the list of members on this site. A simple form letter asking them for permission to publish their information would do. If there were additional information like proximity to a service provider that would be helpfull too. If they had an online list (password protected) as well as a pdf version you could print and put in a tank bag that would be awesome.

Bob

Should I post all three of my RST #s or just the 04 model?
    HERE HERE! Are you talking about the online map where people post where are they from, and a pointy baloon shows?

Joe
    Current:
    '04 Aprilia RST Futura

Past:
    '03 ST4s ABS
    '02 R1150RT
    '02 Ducati ST2
    '04 BMW Rockster

Is'nt that Frappr?

02 Aprilia Futura
    03 650 Kawasaki Prairie

silver '03 with a '02 build date

last 4: 0665
    '03 Futura, silver/blue. S/S Q-D, charging/wiring mod, Smoke d/b windscreen, NWS c/f hugger, R+G frame sliders, Rhino fork sliders, powerlet, custom 916 cans, Hyper-Lites on the crossbar, Stebel Nautilus air horn, Acumen DGV, Kimpex heated grips, GSXR mirrors, various CKruzel stickers, minor road rash for added style points and that "lived in" look. Could really use a respray.

apriliaforum newb
    Have a 01 last 4 digits are 0028

Quote Originally Posted by FuturaJoe
    HERE HERE! Are you talking about the online map where people post where are they from, and a pointy baloon shows?

Joe
    Yes, someone have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by FuturaJoe

Joe
    That would be nice to know where fellow Aprilia riders are located when touring.
    01, Derestricted, Staintunes, H-Pipe, Helibars, Heated Grips, Ghost Fiber Hugger and Autocom

02 Aprilia Futura
    03 650 Kawasaki Prairie

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast