Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sticky:Members Gallery

apriliaforum prov-nov

Sticky:Members Gallery

I'll start this off - This is my- 96 sport1100- I bought it new in -97-and it's been on the road ever since. Every year has brought more MOD'S so far.

carbon-fiber fender,alternator cover,hugger - taller EURO windscreen,
    Kawasaki ZX-6R mirrors - rear seat cowl - fast-action throttle drum - manual chokes.
    K&N filters made for Harley flattracker - Moto-international EURO jet kit.
    D&D ceramic coated full exhaust-pingel 2 in 2out fuelfilter
    Nology plug wires - custom made gel pad & leather seat

MIKEName:  '96' sport 1100.JPG
Views: 3205
Size:  125.8 KB

apriliaforum expert Bill in OKC's Avatar
    Here is my '97 Sport. The last I heard it is somewhere around Boulder, CO now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GUZZI.JPG 
Views:	2288 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	47438  

'02 RSVR '07 S4Rs '13 FXSB '75 GT550 '74 H1 500 '71 CB750

Here's my 2004 V11 Coppa Italia

And the 1982 V50III I am slowly bringing back to life for my wife.

Yep - I doubt the PO(s) had ever changed the oil in it... look at this sump, and what I found in it:

My CaliEV touring OZ outback in Sept 2005
    JohnG.

'02 Capo.

Good on ya, John-
    That sign comes close to matching your HD&M EV!

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sean
    Good on ya, John-
    That sign comes close to matching your HD&M EV!

Yup it blended right in ...'shame I had to sell it due to back problems...'guess being 6'5" didnt help either...doin' time on the Caponord now,'till Guzzi builds the Stelvio 1200...
    JohnG.

'02 Capo.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG.
    Yup it blended right in ...'shame I had to sell it due to back problems...'guess being 6'5" didnt help either...doin' time on the Caponord now,'till Guzzi builds the Stelvio 1200...
    Jeez-
    I hope you ain't holding your breath on that one.
    I know they've "announced" it and everything... but... you now Guzzi!

Name:  Pict0011.JPG
Views: 2401
Size:  121.0 KB

Name:  Pict0007.JPG
Views: 2357
Size:  85.6 KB

Name:  Img_0080.jpg
Views: 2380
Size:  122.6 KB

Name:  ross's new bike.jpg
Views: 2332
Size:  91.5 KBSome of the great Guzzis Ive had the pleasure of owning.
    Tuono Racing + KTM 990 Adventure =

And a couple a more...
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Should have kept this one!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by RossGuzzi
    Should have kept this one!

Nice herd of Guzzis (that Morini is the shit too)!

Yes - you should have kept this last one... but if you currently have the Centauro, you can always convert it with the right body work.

Nope, all gone and as good as they all were, the Falco is a better bike. So its Falco and Suzy DRZ400E. Oh and my little Ducati. See Ducati members sticky!

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sean
    Jeez-
    I hope you ain't holding your breath on that one.
    I know they've "announced" it and everything... but... you now Guzzi!
    Yup,I know the Italian system all too well...'plenty of time as I've recently transferred 'upstate'...and wont be buying another bike for a while...
    Anyway,I'm currently enjoying the Capo,...after firming up the suspension for a 'more sporty' ride
    JohnG.

'02 Capo.

Quote Originally Posted by RossGuzzi
    And a couple a more...
    So, apart from that Daytona, you have actually had a Centauro, too?
    Like my nick might suggest, I'm interested in some quirkier models of bikes, like the Centauro.
    I haven't had a chance to actually ride one yet, so I have to lean on the comments of previous owners and possible reviews. But not only are the (online) reviews few and far between, they can be quite confusing, too. For example, the bike that gets pretty positive comments in some US reviews, gets verbally trashed in an UK one, namely the MCN bike review.

Anyway, before I go overly verbose again, what is it like? How would you describe it? What is it like to ride and own? What are the pros and cons, and when compared to, say, V11 or Griso, or even to Falco? Falco is obviously quite a different ride but nevertheless, a bike we both know very well, and therefore a good common reference.

I'm just wondering if it could make a nice "actively used collector's item" of a sort, or would I be better off staying as far from one as possible.
    The model I'm interested is the 1998 Sport model, which is apparently slightly different than the older models.
    Last edited by Quirky; 04-19-2007 at 04:42 PM.
    watch out for the blue meanies!

The model I'm interested is the 1998 Sport model, which is apparently slightly different than the older models.

Well.....As far as I know, there is little diffrence between them all. I had the late model one with more swept back bars. I think that is the main diffrence apart from colours. There is diffrent fairings, I had the small screen not the windsheild (mini Cali screen)

They are a GREAT bike. The motor is the sweetest motor Guzzi has made in my opinion. Smooth as silk. But they work best with a set of pipes and a PC111. Not quite the performance of the Falco though. Things to look for are worn cam followers or cam hardning itself. This is the only major motor problem. I think some guys did a oil pump mod too.

Comfort is very good for city and odd hills / country riding. Real fast stuff is a little compramise. I raised the rear sub frame a little, pivioting from the front point. That raised the seat slightly putting a little more weight on my wrists wich helped in corners (scratching) as in those occasions it feels like your bum is draging just a little (spliting hairs!)

Some testers never got over the looks (aquired) and perhaps the bike was never set up right too! When I got mine 2nd hand, it handled like a pig. After lowering the forks thru the tripple clamps (it was turning in far to fast) and some fine tuning on the suspension settings, it handled superbly. A few times I passed Dukes on twisties!

These bikes need a little more attention than a Falco to keep runing at there best. Balancing the throttle bodies every 2500 klm seemed to be a good thing for mine. And keep a close eye on valve gaps. If they start to increase, then look at the probs mentioned above.

I think the bike is one of the best / rewarding bikes to ride.(that I have owned) A blast to ride around town/freeway, moreso than the Falco. Very competent in the hills (suprised the crap out of more than one Duke rider!)
    And one of the most awsome sounding bikeswhen riding it. The intake induction is something like a V8 race car !!

Look up Guzzi Centauro chat forum. There is one I used to be on and its as good as this forum for info etc. Centauro Owners Group COG.

Never know, might just get another one! Enjoy!

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast