Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got a letter from Piaggio/Aprilia today

apriliaforum expert chrisscaines's Avatar
    my sales guy mentioned the extended at the point of purchase, but no one has coughed up any info...

I am on them today about my warranty service on the rear brake so I will ask.
    Current ride - 2009 Dorsoduro, stock
    2007 Kawasaki ZX6R. Track only. Built by Advanced Kawasaki. Ohlins TTX rear/Cartridge front, full titanium Arata exhaust, Quickshifter, Arata rearseats, Mich PowerRace or Pirelli Dragon DOT race.
    Crashed - Fluro Red, 2006/7 Aprilia Tuono, Map2, Leo Vince Ti Factory Highmounts, Woodcraft front sliders, Corsica IIIs(street), Michelin Power Race
    2007 VW GTi, DSG, 18" wheels
    2004 Honda RC51 Colin Edwards Castrol Replica (traded in on Tuono)
    2004 MV Agusta Brutale S (crashed. Ouch!!)
    2003 BMW R1100S Boxercup Prep (sold. Great bike)

Nurburgring... been, there, done that, got the sticker
    SMS actually refers to sending a text message, not voice mail.

I asked my dealer about this when I bought the bike and he said it had finished, however about 3 weeks later I got the same letter in the UK.
    I usually get the dealer to service my bike so IMHO it's something for nothing, thank you Aprilia.
    You really only need three things for bike maintenance
    If it moves and it shouldn't - Duct tape
    If it doesn't move and it should - WD40
    ...and if it falls off and you want to reattach it - Cable ties.

Got my letter today, 7.29.06!!!!

Very excited to see an envelope addressed to me from Aprilia. Looks to be the warranty information, etc. I will investigate and report back.
    Last edited by chrisscaines; 07-30-2006 at 12:05 AM.
    2007 Kawasaki ZX6R. Track only. Built by Advanced Kawasaki. Ohlins TTX rear/Cartridge front, full titanium Arata exhaust, Quickshifter, Arata rearseats, Mich PowerRace or Pirelli Dragon DOT race.
    Crashed - Fluro Red, 2006/7 Aprilia Tuono, Map2, Leo Vince Ti Factory Highmounts, Woodcraft front sliders, Corsica IIIs(street), Michelin Power Race

When did you buy it again? Perhaps hope is not lost for me. After no manual in 3 months I actually had to sit down with the parts guy and watch him order it. They have been confused by the fact there is no 07 manual and they were not aware that the 06 was the same bike.
    08 FE450 Berg
    07 KTM690sm
    05 YZ250

I think four months now...

Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZRen
    When did you buy it again? Perhaps hope is not lost for me. After no manual in 3 months I actually had to sit down with the parts guy and watch him order it. They have been confused by the fact there is no 07 manual and they were not aware that the 06 was the same bike.
    dont get too excited about getting a manual......4 or 5 of our new Tuonos were missing them right out of the crate. We ordered them 3 different ways 5 months ago, nothing has yet to come in. We ordered them through the warranty claim procedure (they were missing), from the parts system (we'll pay for them), and told our rep. we needed some.

in the mean time download it here, they have the UK English version and USA version there. I'd read them both, the UK probably has more good info, as the USA one is proofread by lawyers.
    http://www.serviceaprilia.com/public...lle%20R%20My05
    AF1 Racing
    Ed Cook AF1 ed@af1racing.com
    AF1 Racing, inc / ApriliaForum.com
    Main New Braunfels dealership: 699 W San Antonio St, New Braunfels, TX 78130
    Austin Downtown Dealership: 304 E Cesar Chavez, Austin, TX 78701
    toll free:877-626-3966 direct:830-626-3966 fax:830-626-3969

AF1 Racing Online Store

Sounds very familiar. I do have the pdf version. It's more of a quest to get one at this point than actual need. It should have come with the bike and I want it.

Thanks for the link Ed.
    Last edited by AZRen; 07-30-2006 at 11:32 AM.
    08 FE450 Berg
    07 KTM690sm
    05 YZ250

apriliaforum expert Silver-Bolt's Avatar
    Fred watch the guys at M/C. They still owe me parts that should have been with the bike. On my 600 mile service the charged me for checking the valves but never removed the cam covers. Basically a $400 oil change. They have done nothing but lie and treat me like crap. I will drive to Seattle for any work I can't handle and order my parts from AF1 here. Watch you back.

Does that extended warranty come with the infamous missing Aprilia calendar?

apriliaforum Junkie

But of Corsa

Fred watch the guys at M/C. They still owe me parts that should have been with the bike. On my 600 mile service the charged me for checking the valves but never removed the cam covers. Basically a $400 oil change. They have done nothing but lie and treat me like crap. I will drive to Seattle for any work I can't handle and order my parts from AF1 here. Watch you back.
    I'm well aware of M/C's modus operandi. I bought and had my T7 shipped from Ohio ($1500 cheaper than M/C, all said and done). I buy most all my parts (got the Ohlins rear shock & steering damper on the way as we speak) from AF1, and have my service & warranty (got an 8/10/06 appt. to do the rear brake & replace the "misty" dash) work done at Moto International in Seattle.

The guys at AF1 are a great bunch.............they could use this site to mercilessly flog their parts & services, but they don't. I was gonna do a suspension package (Ohlins rear shock, steering damper, and front valving kit) deal on my T7, but those guys recommended leaving the Showa forks stock. They said Jon had raced and won with the Showa setup.........so unless I had a specific complaint - give them a shot before modifying them. That's honesty at the expense of their pocketbook - you don't get THAT very much these days.

Micha & the folks at Moto International are also of the same ilk. They worked a long time getting the fueling setup correct as possible on my T7, and charged a very modest fee for all that time. I have no problem loading up the T7 and taking it from Portland to Seattle...............competent, honest, reasonably priced work w/friendly customer service is hard to find. When I do find it, I patronize those people as much as I can.

apriliaforum expert Silver-Bolt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FredE
    I'm well aware of M/C's modus operandi. I bought and had my T7 shipped from Ohio ($1500 cheaper than M/C, all said and done). I buy most all my parts (got the Ohlins rear shock & steering damper on the way as we speak) from AF1, and have my service & warranty (got an 8/10/06 appt. to do the rear brake & replace the "misty" dash) work done at Moto International in Seattle.

The guys at AF1 are a great bunch.............they could use this site to mercilessly flog their parts & services, but they don't. I was gonna do a suspension package (Ohlins rear shock, steering damper, and front valving kit) deal on my T7, but those guys recommended leaving the Showa forks stock. They said Jon had raced and won with the Showa setup.........so unless I had a specific complaint - give them a shot before modifying them. That's honesty at the expense of their pocketbook - you don't get THAT very much these days.

Micha & the folks at Moto International are also of the same ilk. They worked a long time getting the fueling setup correct as possible on my T7, and charged a very modest fee for all that time. I have no problem loading up the T7 and taking it from Portland to Seattle...............competent, honest, reasonably priced work w/friendly customer service is hard to find. When I do find it, I patronize those people as much as I can.
    Well put. I agree 100%.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12