Page 393 of 393 FirstFirst ... 293343383391392393
Results 5,881 to 5,894 of 5894

Thread: The "What's in the AF1 shop" Thread

Be careful turning up the fuel pressure, some injectors don't behave well at elevated pressure..

apriliaforum Member mudslideslim's Avatar
    Micah, what are your thoughts on Roadracing World's recent super bike shootout? The ZX-10R didn't make a full lap before it locked up. I think the RSV4 Factory made it through the session but overheated and ran poorly. OAT was 107F.

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    The Aprilia obviously had a setup issue or problem, that cannot be denied and due to this the spot in the test was earned not given, fair enough in my opinion. Some mags will take a bike back to a distributor ten times till they get the one they want, so to speak...some will not....some distributors and OEM's are very sharp when it comes to test bikes, kit tuned ecu's, very well done heads, basic supersport prep with a stock pipe usually...some just gas up a bike and send it out the door expecting it to be just fine out of the box. Sometimes it becomes obvious which was the well setup machine and sometimes advertising money covers it up nicely. I think this was a fair test. There is the possibility that like the Kawasaki it was not really a setup issue but more of a fluke, I do not know the details from an inside perspective. I do know I have dyno tested a couple of Suzuki "press bikes"....they make a lot more power and inject MUCH more cleanly than a true showroom stock bike, like they were well prepared.
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

apriliaforum Member mudslideslim's Avatar
    Micah. Thanks for the honest and quick response. I agree that I think it was a fair test just an unfortunate result.

We passed a million views last night!

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

apriliaforum expert PlatinumRSV's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah / AF1 Racing View Post
    -=Steve=-

2001 Aprilia RSV Mille - SOLD - Custom Paint / Chrome Wheels / Leo Vince High Mount / Integrated Tail Lights / Yamaha Starter Relay / TruGel Battery / Fender Eliminator

2004 Aprilia RSVR Factory - Akrapovič Full System / Sato Rear Sets / Apex Adjustable Clip-Ons / Puig Windscreen / Spiegler Brake & Clutch Lines / AF1 Lowering Links / Adjustable Kickstand / Fork & Swing-arm Sliders / Fender Eliminator

RareSportBikesForSale.com | Adam Carolla CarCast | German Cars For Sale Blog | AF1 Racing

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah / AF1 Racing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumRSV View Post
    I second that! Cheers!
    2004 Tuono
    2006 SR50
    1999 SR50

Thanks to ALL of you guys for reading my dribble and diatribes! Here is to a second million in a few years less time! One day if books still exist I may have to consider writing one...residuals pay for AvGas!

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

apriliaforum Member
    If memory serves you guys had a couple old zx7,s for sale a long time ago, by some goofy chance are they still available? or maybe the new buyer might have them for sale, any ideas< I just bought a 94 zx7rr, the real deal, and wanna do a rebuild on it, lmk please

I had both a 1993 and a 1994 but the sold the set as a pair of bikes capable of building out one good machine back a couple of years ago, right as I started seriously saving airplane money. I do not know if the current owner is forum regular or not, USAF pilot/instructor out of South Texas was the buyer.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

apriliaforum Member
    Cool, thanks Micah, I didnt realize it was tha long ago, lol

He does not get to this forum- but if you want to talk to him- just shoot me a PM
    Wherever I go- there I am!

This one is for Micah didn't think it's own thread would grab his attention

Name:  10704147_742551222447860_8141507649802079143_n.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  74.0 KB

Today we remember Geraldine “Jerrie” Mock -- the first woman to fly around the world solo -- who passed away yesterday at the age of 88. Nicknamed "the flying housewife", Mock circumnavigated the Earth in 1964 flying a Cessna 180 single-engine monoplane; 27 years after Amelia Earhart's famous and ill-fated attempt. Despite her incredible record-making feat, Mock's name is largely unknown today, even in this 50th anniversary year of her historic flight.

In a recent interview with Buzzfeed, the Newark, Ohio native said, “I did not conform to what girls did. What the girls did was boring.” At age 7, after taking a short airplane ride at a nearby airport, Mock declared she wanted to be a pilot. Several years later, following Amelia Earhart’s adventures on the radio, she dreamed of making similar flights. “I wanted to see the world,” she remembered. “I wanted to see the oceans and the jungles and the deserts and the people.”

She was the only woman in the aeronautical engineering class at Ohio State University, where the male students left her alone after she got the only perfect score on a difficult chemistry exam. But in 1945, women rarely pursued aeronautics careers, and at the age of 20, she dropped out of college to marry Russell Mock. Soon, Mock was busy with her role as wife and mother of three, but she still dreamed of flying. Once her oldest children were in school, she started taking flying lessons and earned her pilot's license. When Mock tired of her ordinary life at home, she complained to her husband about being bored. “Maybe you should get in your plane and just fly around the world,” he joked, but Mock decided he was right.

She spent a year preparing for a round-the-world flight, helped by fellow pilots and navigators who thought she was crazy to want to undertake such a dangerous endeavor. At the age of 38, she began her flight on March 19, 1964 -- two days after another woman, Joan Merriam Smith, also departed on a solo round-the-world attempt. The pressure to set the record took some of the joy out of her flight; what she had planned as a leisurely sightseeing trip ended up a grueling marathon made up of 12 or more hours of flying on five hours of sleep. Even given these challenges, when she landed back home on April 17, she announced: “I don’t know what to say. This is just wonderful."

Mock never wanted to capitalize on her fame, preferring solitude and quiet: “The kind of person who can sit in an airplane alone is not the type of person who likes to be continually with other people,” she explained. After 1969, finances prevented her from ever flying an airplane again. And while she recognized the significance of her flight, achieving the record was not as important as the joy she took in flying. In interviews on her various stops during the flight, she demurely said, “I just wanted to have a little fun in my airplane.”

To read an in-depth article about Mock's life and historic flight on Buzzfeed, visit http://bzfd.it/1rvmnNP

Jerrie Mock's book, Three-Eight Charlie, about her famous flight is out of print but it is now available for Kindle at http://amzn.to/10lJTBt

If your Mighty Girl dreams of flying one day or you're looking for more stories about women pilots, check out our post, "Mighty Careers: I Want To Be A Pilot!" for girl-empowering books, toys, and clothing at http://www.amightygirl.com/blog?p=6249

For books and other resources about Mock’s inspiration, visit our "Amelia Earhart Collection" at http://www.amightygirl.com/character...amelia-earhart

And, for more true stories of women adventurers for children and teens, visit our “Explorers & Adventurers” biography section at http://www.amightygirl.com/books/his...graphy?cat=347
    The Duke
    President
    Raoul Duke Media LLC
    www.rumblestripradio.com

apriliaforum expert dadsafrantic's Avatar
    Dadsafrantic

2015 Red Caponord #64
    2008 Mana Grey #81, hyperpro springs and shock, gpr furuore, rigid lights, bark busters, kaoko throttle lock, puig touring screen

Page 393 of 393 FirstFirst ... 293343383391392393