Page 377 of 393 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,655 of 5892

Thread: The "What's in the AF1 shop" Thread

I am beginning to think that it would be a really good idea for an individual to record video of any sort of police interaction should you get pulled over.
    Seeing as law enforcement have cameras in their vehicles, it might be a good idea to have some sort of small video recording device on your person to 'cover your ass' against the 'bad' police that are out there.
    Using your phone to record a situation would be a good start but it could be taken away from you and 'disappeared' or 'accidentally' broken.
    -Randall
    .....Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Three great forces rule the world: ignorance, fear and greed

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Well, ya see, it is a great idea, and one that I have used out storm chasing...but...I guess a helmet mount cam, concealed or something...they do not like being filmed...legal or not...and EVERYTHING here is officer's discretion. There have been numerous cases recently of both bike and car drivers nation wide being arrested for filming a police officer(s). Fuck our rights and the constitution and shit, there is a bad case of God Complex going on nationwide in law enforcement. Training of officers NEEDS to be altered to make them feel less "solitary" or whatever the correct wording would be, get rid of the "us against them" style training currently so popular. Only in America.
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    699 W. San Antonio
    New Braunfels, TX 78130
    830-626-3966
    micah@af1racing.com

A continuously recording bike-mounted camera would be huge tool to capture all kinds of evidence, like the "person" texting in the SUV while applying make-up who suddenly needs your lane more than you do.

Front and rear mounted, please.
    "Ducatis are like strippers - great looking, but you have to keep throwing $$$ at them to keep them working!"
    - apriliajohn

Max reflects.
    Get your mind right.

Quote Originally Posted by Micah / AF1 Racing View Post
    Well, ya see, it is a great idea, and one that I have used out storm chasing...but...I guess a helmet mount cam, concealed or something...they do not like being filmed...legal or not...and EVERYTHING here is officer's discretion. There have been numerous cases recently of both bike and car drivers nation wide being arrested for filming a police officer(s). Fuck our rights and the constitution and shit, there is a bad case of God Complex going on nationwide in law enforcement. Training of officers NEEDS to be altered to make them feel less "solitary" or whatever the correct wording would be, get rid of the "us against them" style training currently so popular. Only in America.
    +1 on the officer training...that needs to be reevaluated in a big way!

as far as cameras...time to go all "James Bond"

http://www.spycameras.com/item,dvrp-...order-pen.html

there are alot of others shown on that website....
    -Randall

Micah, the cops are just as bad here too. I myself have been lucky. But many riders get pulled over here for 'licence check' then get a sticker for fender eliminators. Those stones the tyres fling up at following cars are dam dangerous!

I do believe the cops in NSW (Sydney)are the worse. Even drive in front of you on single lane twisty roads at below posted speed waiting for you to pass on double white lines (no passing allowed) the pull you on that. Entrapment !
    Tuono Racing + KTM 990 Adventure =

To continue on the law enforcement tangent for a moment, this story is an interesting read.
    Illinois Traffic Stop Of Star Trek Fans Raises Concerns About Drug Searches, Police Dogs, Bad Cops

Last December, filmmaker Terrance Huff and his friend Jon Seaton were returning to Ohio after attending a "Star Trek" convention in St. Louis. As they passed through a small town in Illinois, a police officer, Michael Reichert, pulled Huff's red PT Cruiser over to the side of the road, allegedly for an unsafe lane change. Over the next hour, Reichert interrogated the two men, employing a variety of police tactics civil rights attorneys say were aimed at tricking them into giving up their Fourth Amendment rights. Reichert conducted a sweep of Huff's car with a K-9 dog, then searched Huff's car by hand. Ultimately, he sent Huff and Seaton on their way with a warning.

Earlier this month, Huff posted to YouTube audio and video footage of the stop taken from Reichert's dashboard camera. No shots were fired in the incident. No one was beaten, arrested or even handcuffed. Reichert found no measurable amount of contraband in Huff's car. But Huff's 17-and-a-half minute video raises important questions about law enforcement and the criminal justice system, including the Fourth and Fifth Amendments, the drug war, profiling and why it's so difficult to take problematic cops out of the police force.
    video at link.

another excerpt-

Asset forfeiture is the process by which law enforcement agencies can take possession of property suspected of being tied to illegal activity. Under these laws, the property itself is presumed to be guilty of criminal activity. Once the property has been seized, it's up to the owner to prove he obtained the property legitimately.

In about 80 percent of civil asset forfeiture cases, the property owner is never charged with a crime. And in Illinois -- like many states -- the law enforcement agency that makes the seizure gets to keep the cash or the proceeds of the forfeiture auction (in Illinois, the prosecutor's office gets 10-12 percent).

Critics say civil asset forfeiture is rife with poor incentives, and violates the Fifth Amendment’s protection against seizure of property without due process of law. Police can seize a car, cash, even a home on the flimsiest of evidence.
    -Randall

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDaddy View Post
    A continuously recording bike-mounted camera would be huge tool to capture all kinds of evidence, like the "person" texting in the SUV while applying make-up who suddenly needs your lane more than you do.

Front and rear mounted, please.
    on rear mounting. Preferably with a tramp stamp.

Team Punisher/AF1 Racing:
    World's Fastest Aprilia RSV 200.8mph
    Texas Mile Record Holder - Fastest Twin
    ------------------------------

Aprilia Testimonial:
    I'm riding the same roads I've ridden for years with pace and conviction that belies my relative lack of talent.
    --SlamDunK

Sounds redundant.

Ever been in Camarillo?
    "Ducatis are like strippers - great looking, but you have to keep throwing $$$ at them to keep them working!"
    - apriliajohn

Max reflects.
    Get your mind right.

So with all the two stroke talk lately and my mention of forced induction on a 2T motor I figured it was time to show off my little toy. Look at the one pic which shows my pocket knife for scale. This is a 1968 vintage Roots double lobe blower, originally used on the Porsche 912e when it came to America for cramming the exhaust full of fresh air to pass emissions testing...why change total number of emitted parts when they test for dilution or part per million...and the smog pump was born. These are EXTREMELY rare and hard to get now. I had one years ago which I blew up by accident on the test bench when my fixture failed. The rotors in this one are in great shape, all the shit you see inside I put there to preserve them, it is just grease.

Inlet 28mm, outlet 24mm or spun the other way opposite. Is that not the perfect fit for a 50cc 2T motor? I love this little thing!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RootsBlowerIMG_2036.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	362.4 KB 
ID:	187611  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RootsBlowerIMG_2038.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	367.3 KB 
ID:	187612  

Name:	RootsBlowerIMG_2043.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	365.8 KB 
ID:	187613  

Name:	RootsBlowerPorsche912EIMG_2039.jpg 
Size:	361.4 KB 
ID:	187614  

Name:	RootsBlowerPorsche912eIMG_2045.jpg 
Size:	364.7 KB 
ID:	187615  

Name:	RootsBlowerTinyIMG_2047.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	367.2 KB 
ID:	187616  

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    699 W. San Antonio
    New Braunfels, TX 78130
    830-626-3966
    micah@af1racing.com

crap, I noticed the other morning that this thread has over 900k views! Lets make it a million guys!

Next up something special from SmaltMoto. Shower injection arrived on the mainstream scene too late for our beloved V990 Rotax powered Aprilias. You have seen the pics recently of a "kit" I have been converting to work for a customer, those pics HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS SYSTEM! This is a far superior design, first shall we examine the injectors, Pico type, IWP 069's, rated right where I need them at about 500cc per cylinder with a 30 degree cone pattern for the spray. Included is a screen shot of the flow/pressure ratings for the injectors...

Name:	ShopThreadViewCountIMG_0800.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	294.0 KB 
ID:	187617  

Name:	ShowerInjectionInjectorDataIMG_0810.jpg 
Views:	1280 
Size:	360.8 KB 
ID:	187618  

Name:	SmaltMotoIWP069InjectorIMG_2006.jpg 
Views:	1054 
Size:	373.8 KB 
ID:	187619  

Name:	SmaltMotoPicoInjectorBottomIMG_2010.jpg 
Size:	366.3 KB 
ID:	187620  

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    699 W. San Antonio
    New Braunfels, TX 78130
    830-626-3966
    micah@af1racing.com

This is the "meat". Smalt has outdone themselves with this setup. They are going onto our 2004 RSVR race bike in hopes of getting a little more top end out of the motor, then the motor comes apart for a whole lot more top end and it will need the size injectors even on gasoline...or so I hope!

I will be testing this several ways on the dyno. The design is brilliant, uses the stock airbox with or without the lid...stock linkage, stock fuel pressure regulator, stock fuel return line...you get the idea other than install and tuning this is going to be the easiest way out there for getting a bit more power out of your V990 powered bike. I am hoping for about a 5bhp gain on the same fuel as the low mount injectors from half of reline on up due to far superior charge cooling and better atomization of the fuel payload. I am sure Konstantin will chime in shortly with more details since it is his design and construction project. I am testing this with great hopes! If it works the conversion on a late model RSVR should be fairly painless other than the $$$$ required to buy the kit and the custom map needed with shower injection, I will be developing some base maps with known cam timing and such for free download to get you started!

Also coming soon is a Farvetti (spelling maybe) variable height velocity stack kit for testing...probably not a track item, more street oriented.

Name:	SmaltMotoBanjoFeedPicoIMG_2012.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	335.2 KB 
ID:	187622  

Name:	SmaltMotoRSVRIMG_2017.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	372.0 KB 
ID:	187623  

Name:	SmaltMotoShowerInjectionApriliaIMG_1997.jpg 
Size:	366.9 KB 
ID:	187624  

Name:	SmaltMotoShowerInjectionBottomIMG_2004.jpg 
Size:	355.7 KB 
ID:	187625  

Name:	SmaltMotoShowerInjectionFittingsIMG_2024.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	369.0 KB 
ID:	187626  

Name:	SmaltMotoShowerInjectionHosesIMG_2035.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	369.9 KB 
ID:	187627  

Name:	SmaltMotoShowerInjectionKitIMG_2028.jpg 
Views:	1358 
Size:	364.4 KB 
ID:	187628  

Name:	SmaltMotoShowerInjectionRotaxIMG_2013.jpg 
Views:	1018 
Size:	373.6 KB 
ID:	187629  

Name:	SmaltMotoShowerInjectionV990IMG_1999.jpg 
Size:	355.0 KB 
ID:	187630  

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    699 W. San Antonio
    New Braunfels, TX 78130
    830-626-3966
    micah@af1racing.com

That will be the schiznit with 1102cc. Hmmm....mortgage payment or performance parts? Tough call.

Except my 1060cc Tuono was 'owned' in a straight line by a 2012 RSV4 Factory yesterday. Maybe not such a tough call...

Team Punisher/AF1 Racing:
    World's Fastest Aprilia RSV 200.8mph
    Texas Mile Record Holder - Fastest Twin
    ------------------------------

Aprilia Testimonial:
    I'm riding the same roads I've ridden for years with pace and conviction that belies my relative lack of talent.
    --SlamDunK

Now I have to find a place to host all these boring pics of the latest Tuono V4 I worked on...you know...so lame...BTW, if you are on the fence and trying hard to be financially responsible, DO NOT RIDE ONE AT ANY COST, you will either end up despondent that your inner Jew (like me) will not let you spend the money or you will be a more typical American and just take out a loan within minutes of getting off the bike. I am pretty sure a few test rides end at the credit union based on how fast they are selling! If you live in PA then these pics are for you!

Name:	TuonoV4AkrapovicSlipOnExhaustServoIMG_1951.jpg 
Views:	3899 
Size:	363.5 KB 
ID:	187631  

Name:	TuonoV4AkroSystemPipeSilencerIMG_1967.jpg 
Views:	3690 
Size:	368.4 KB 
ID:	187632  

Name:	TuonoV4AkroTiSlipOnCarbonIMG_1971.jpg 
Views:	4933 
Size:	348.6 KB 
ID:	187633  

Name:	TuonoV4BarEndMirrorIMG_1948.jpg 
Size:	322.9 KB 
ID:	187634  

Name:	TuonoV4barEndMirrorsIMG_1972.jpg 
Views:	3503 
Size:	231.0 KB 
ID:	187635  

Name:	TuonoV4BlackAkroCarbonSlipOnIMG_1933.jpg 
Views:	3610 
Size:	368.7 KB 
ID:	187636  

Name:	TuonoV4EvoTechIMG_1964.jpg 
Size:	362.3 KB 
ID:	187637  

Name:	TuonoV4FenderEliminatorIMG_1957.jpg 
Size:	370.6 KB 
ID:	187638  

Name:	TuonoV4RizomaMirrorRhinoBarSlidersIMG_1942.jpg 
Size:	275.4 KB 
ID:	187639  

Name:	TuonoV4SlipOnIMG_1930.jpg 
Views:	3799 
Size:	366.8 KB 
ID:	187640  

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    699 W. San Antonio
    New Braunfels, TX 78130
    830-626-3966
    micah@af1racing.com

Here is another option that comes with the Leo Vince pipe kit...you can take off passengers pegs and hang this sweet little bit of structural carbon off the subframe to hold your pipe...now how would this look on a black TV4 with the carbon pipe...hmmmm

Name:	TuonoV4LeoCarbonHangarIMG_1974.jpg 
Views:	3727 
Size:	371.6 KB 
ID:	187641  

Name:	TuonoV4LeoVinceExhaustCarbonHangerIMG_1978.jpg 
Views:	4553 
Size:	363.0 KB 
ID:	187642  

Name:	TuonoV4NoPassengerPegsIMG_1985.jpg 
Views:	3650 
Size:	375.5 KB 
ID:	187643  

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    699 W. San Antonio
    New Braunfels, TX 78130
    830-626-3966
    micah@af1racing.com

DerbyBrit, the dude cannot abide! You simply must buy a 2012 RSV4 Factory APRC now...and then take it all apart and make it SMOKING fast and go kick that other rider's ass! Our buddy isn't slow is he....

Fire away, short series for this thread this week, resting up, doing some housework, hopefully flying a bit in the morning and then off chasing weather...would that not be a perfect day for me?

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    699 W. San Antonio
    New Braunfels, TX 78130
    830-626-3966
    micah@af1racing.com

Page 377 of 393 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387 ... LastLast