Page 2 of 393 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The "What's in the AF1 shop" Thread

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Here is an RS250 Aprilia that I am ressurecting for some friends up in the Cedar Park area....it was a disaster inside the cases when it came in!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

Ohh...the porting...the time with Dremel and air grinders in hand...it is a good thing that is like therapy for me...

BTW, the ports do not look at all like this when the cylinders come out of the box...this takes time and a lot of love for grinding!

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

The cases are not cut for premix lubrication either...nor are the edges releived, nor the passages smoothed...or alot of other crap that adds us to 5-8 bhp gains using basically stock crap!

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

Steve is seen here working on his buddies new ride...and Bill in OKC's old ride!

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

And of course nothing is even close to done correctly if the technititan is not bleeding from somewhere! My finger again tonight...and the second time today!

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

Damn, this is cool! How about a "webcam" so we can watch the action live? That would save you having to post all the photos and stories.
    For my money it doesn't get any better than when he sings, "When a man loves a woman". I celebrate his entire catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by Tee-Dub
    Damn, this is cool! How about a "webcam" so we can watch the action live? That would save you having to post all the photos and stories.
    hahaha...that would be pretty cool! Like OC Choppers for Aprilia...could be a hit! The question is audio or no audio - LOL
    "Tuono doesn't want to gently take your hand and guide you on a trip, it wants to rip it off and run away with it! I always get the feeling that to ride a Tuono you have to be a real man, prepared to fight it every step of the way, where as on the Triumph you can have an off day and not be left feeling inadequate"
    "Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic"

JOIN ME ONAND FOR SOCAL APRILIA GROUP RIDES & UPDATES FOLLOW ME ON

I like the webcam

I have a webcam, but right now it's password protected. Cool thing is you can pan & tilt and even zoom. It's in my garage and you can even watch the second hand on the clock. You can even have sound, but I thought that wasn't a good idea.

BTW, I've got an extra Mito motor with all fresh but the cylinder (fried Polini 165 kit. I think it's the same motor used in the RS. Mine's the 7 speed. If you need it let me know. I've also got a whole Mito (916 Lite) I want to unload too.

RZ Rob
    Keep the Rubber Side Down

Bikes

2004 Aprilia RSVR Factory - Silver (the fastest color)
    2007 Aprilia SXV 550 - Plated
    1999 Aprilia RS250 - Plated
    2003 Honda CRF150 - Plated (girlfriend's toy)
    2006 Honda CRF450 - Fun Toy
    1970 Honda Z50 - Plated (pretty clean)
    GoPed Sport - Conquered IOM TT in 2000

Yeah Micah...............a webcam!!!!!!

I'll help you set that up. All we'll need is some girls bedroom furniture, a trip to the toy store, a couple of strippers and a little whiskey.......

Ohhhhhhh, a webcam FOR THE BIKES.........sorry
    We all come into the world screaming, bloody and naked. If life is lived right, this sort of thing doesn't stop at birth.
    Quote Originally Posted by vtrandall
    you are well on your way to becoming a full blown sociopath . (if you aren't one already)

apriliaforum expert
    I agree webcam to watch you guys work would rule..........You could even schedule live "lessons" on simple stuff like oil, brake pad, and plug changes for people to watch. Then announce a sale right after on the parts that people just saw get used in the lesson. Since your in the centrel zone, east coasters and west coasters can both watch in normal hours. just an idea from a person with no business sense......

The suzuki flat track team has a 24/7 web cam in the shop.
    We all come into the world screaming, bloody and naked. If life is lived right, this sort of thing doesn't stop at birth.
    Quote Originally Posted by vtrandall
    you are well on your way to becoming a full blown sociopath . (if you aren't one already)

Graphicologist Extraordinaire ckruzel's Avatar
    micah, do you ever do any epoxy work in the cylinder to reshape? also some carb slides with different arcs work pretty good different types of power, low, mid, high
    2010 White RSV4R
    Custom Graphics
    decal questions? email me at kruzel (at)drippinwet.com
    check us out on facebook!
    Making Decals for some of the Fastest People on the Planet
    J.Hayes | M.Paris | J.Herrin | Z.Herrin | D.Westby | T.Knapp | S.Coviello | S.Villa | H.Nash | B.Solis | J.Day | C.West | A.Welsh | E.Meyers | D.Eslick | G.May | C.Alexander | D.Gaviria | J.Rispoli | J.Pascarella | B.Cretu | S.Mesa |C.Sellerom (check us out on facebook)

MY bike

Quote Originally Posted by Micah / AF1 Racing
    Hmm scooters...this was my hell today. This A500 needed a service and apparently a little more power. The belt was still at "new" spec after 10,000 miles and a lot of suffering to get to where I could even see it.
    This is my bike guys. For starters, try 440 lbs. dry weight according to the manual, not 600. The difference with the snorkel and that divider removed is something else. You can definitely hear me coming now. The air filter was cleaner than it should have been since the last service but that was covered by the fact that the person who did the last one had not re-installed the hose from the airbox to the motor properly and had left a gap so that the air was going directly into the engine without going thru the airbox. Not good to say the least.

Throttle response is definitely up a notch if not two. According to Micah, he almost did an "accidental" wheelie on it. Mileage appears to be up as well but that's a wait and see after I've run a couple more tanks of gas thru it. The CVT''s on these bikes are definitely "h*ll" to get to since they are not designed to have the covers removed with the side panels still on the bike. The side panels of course would probably be an even bigger pain in the a** to remove than the way Micah did it which was to drill another hole in one [covered by the passenger foot rest] so that he could unscrew all of the CVT cover's bolts without having to remove the side panels as well.

BTW the o-ring "poor man's cruise control" actually works on this bike. Micah let me raid his o-ring supply for one and I gave it a try on the way home. Set it right and the bike will go down the road without my having to hold the throttle. No problems adjusting speed when needed and I had it going for up to 20 miles at a time. Probably would have been longer but for traffic. Nice to have when you have carpal in both hands like I do. I imagine it will also raise a few eyebrows among the biking fraternity when I raise my RIGHT hand to wave at them.

It was not a cheap trip. But the bike got checked out from front to back. Everything was still up to spec, not bad for having 10k miles on the odometer. Seeing how the bike will run with the new plug and the derestricted air box should be interesting to say the least.

Having done all of that checking this time, I promise Micah that you will have an easier time of it next time around.
    Take Care,

Brenda H.
    2003 Yamaha 650 Custom
    Rally 50 [free to good home]

Wind In Your Hair
    A Smile on Your Face
    That Look of Total Happiness
    Obviously You're Not at Work!!

Oh yeah, a webcam would be neat.

Nice stuff, Micah!
    2004 Kawasaki ZX636R & 2002 RS50 replica

NUMBERS DONīT LIE...

Quote Originally Posted by Micah / AF1 Racing

The head got better too:
    Everyone wins when the head gets better.

This is awesome Micah. I can't wait for the next trip down. Send thanks to Steve, Ed and the gang, I just got my door-prize in the mail. I had a great time, and you guys deserve all the success in the world.

Mike
    It was a dark and stormy night. In the distance, a Duc howled. Adjust my valves, adjust my valves. - jrflanne

Page 2 of 393 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast