Page 378 of 393 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 5893

Thread: The "What's in the AF1 shop" Thread

Goddam, that Smaltmoto setup looks trick!
    Bikes:
    2007.5 Tuono-Black, with 1102cc's of micah's badness!
    2012 Griso-Silver and black, Agostini pipe, some carbon bits.
    2006 Vespa GT200-bitubo suspension all around, Malossi big-bore, head and cam, Akrapovic pipe, all put together by Micah.

gone 2002 Caponord-Oyster gray (as faithful as a hound dog)
    gone Futura-Red (on the AF1 showroom floor. Get some.)

The more I learn about people, the more I appreciate rocks.

apriliaforum expert
    BTW, if you are on the fence and trying hard to be financially responsible, DO NOT RIDE ONE AT ANY COST, you will either end up despondent that your inner Jew (like me) will not let you spend the money or you will be a more typical American and just take out a loan within minutes of getting off the bike. I am pretty sure a few test rides end at the credit union based on how fast they are selling!

It was tough this week...after taking out the Austin DEMO first thing last Saturday, I almost did just that this past week!
    '08 MANA

I keep telling myself it doesn't have enough range, the seat is a plank, the front fairing is hideous, and they're not bringing the semi-attractive gray one to North America. I then tell myself that my 2003 is a great bike that does everything I need it to do, and the Rotax twin already has more power than I need.

Then I see a few more TV4 videos, read a few more reviews and threads, and tell myself to take Micah's advice and stay the hell away from the local dealers if I want to keep my rainy day fund intact.
    2003 Magnet Gray Tuono - Arrow 2-2 Race System - Gabro "F255" Chip - Ohlins Axial Front Forks - Ohlins Rear Shock/Hyperco Spring - RSV-R OZ Forged Wheels - 16/42 525 Chain/Sprocket - AF1 Keychain

Nice thanks for the Photo's,injection hmmmmm.
    A parting Glass.

apriliaforum expert
    So we were speaking of pressures a page ago, you mention that the Smalt shower set up (which is very cool looking) uses the OEM fuel pump. What's the stock system run for PSI/Bar? I'm surprised it can do the extra volume, as the stock injectors alone are marginal in the larger big bore kit. Injector volume vs. fuel pump volume are two different things, but interesting that the latter is actually up to much larger injectors and even secondary ones?
    2008 RSV 1000 R, platinum/charcoal/red
    Akrapovic full system, BST carbon fiber wheels, NERA top triple clamp, Aprilia accessory rear sets, AF1 Ti bolt kit, etc. etc...

2008 Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport, black... and stock for now

2007 Ducati GT 1000, red
    Showa forks, Sachs shocks, Termignoni kit, lots more

apriliaforum expert
    Oh, and yeah that little smog pump is neat. Me too, always thought the smog pump answer to our government's new save the world regs in the early '70s was ironic. No less emissions... let's just water 'em down a little to get by.
    Akrapovic full system, BST carbon fiber wheels, NERA top triple clamp, Aprilia accessory rear sets, AF1 Ti bolt kit, etc. etc...

2007 Ducati GT 1000, red

apriliaforum expert
    Forgot something I've been meaning to ask you Micah. Have you ever done the tuning you were going to do on Axecent's Tambo?

I picked up a 339 mile '05 F4 1000 S a few weeks ago and have been learning about the eprom thing with the 16M ECU. There's a guy on the MV forum from the UK that custom writes them, can change the timing, fueling, when the cooling fans come on and shut off, and when that stupid EBS thing kicks in.

Seems he found that all the early MV 1000's ('05 and'06) with the 16M have the Tambo's secondary injector tables in them, they just disabled it on non-Tambo bikes by setting them to come in at 16k rpm. Since the bike is set to rev limit at 12,700 it just never happens (is the Tambo rev limit a little higher? Don't know...).

Anyway, he's also written software he's giving away if a guy wants all that imperical knowledge for himself and wants to do these things on his own. Thought it might be of interest.

On the other hand, I know Gabro here is the eprom guru for the early Aprilia ECU. Are they also the 16M? Hell, you probably already know all this stuff.

There's another guy in the UK that builds a direct plug and play Microtec ECU for the early bikes, and I guess that'd also do away with any of the typical add on modules too. Let's you control everything and in a much more sophisticated way.

Jeez... post hog that I am this morning. Guess I'm doing my part to get this thread to 1,000,000 views!

2007 Ducati GT 1000, red

Air injection pumps do not just dilute emissions with no reductions. The whole point is to reduce unburned hydrocarbons which they do.

That supercharger looks awesome. I need to find one for my scooter!

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by kzmille View Post
    Air injection pumps do not just dilute emissions with no reductions. The whole point is to reduce unburned hydrocarbons which they do.
    KZ, how do they do that, other than simply dilute the exhaust? It's been so long since I looked at a 70's smog system, does the pumped air go in soon enough that the heat and extra oxygen help burn hydrocarbons?

2007 Ducati GT 1000, red

Quote Originally Posted by JAndrewG View Post
    ...does the pumped air go in soon enough that the heat and extra oxygen help burn hydrocarbons?
    Yes, that's it.

The injected air also helps under rich conditions when there isn't enough air in the exhaust stream to support catalytic reaction. That was more of in issue back when carbs were still used and air/fuel mixture was impossible to control as tightly under steady state throttle cruising conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by SAFit07 View Post

It was tough this week...after taking out the Austin DEMO first thing last Saturday, I almost did just that this past week!
    And you resisted? You are a stronger man than I Sir. I've been I Mexico all week and get home tomorrow. The trip was great but I want ride!
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by JAndrewG View Post
    Forgot something I've been meaning to ask you Micah. Have you ever done the tuning you were going to do on Axecent's Tambo?

I picked up a 339 mile '05 F4 1000 S a few weeks ago and have been learning about the eprom thing with the 16M ECU. There's a guy on the MV forum from the UK that custom writes them, can change the timing, fueling, when the cooling fans come on and shut off, and when that stupid EBS thing kicks in.

Seems he found that all the early MV 1000's ('05 and'06) with the 16M have the Tambo's secondary injector tables in them, they just disabled it on non-Tambo bikes by setting them to come in at 16k rpm. Since the bike is set to rev limit at 12,700 it just never happens (is the Tambo rev limit a little higher? Don't know...).

Anyway, he's also written software he's giving away if a guy wants all that imperical knowledge for himself and wants to do these things on his own. Thought it might be of interest.

On the other hand, I know Gabro here is the eprom guru for the early Aprilia ECU. Are they also the 16M? Hell, you probably already know all this stuff.

There's another guy in the UK that builds a direct plug and play Microtec ECU for the early bikes, and I guess that'd also do away with any of the typical add on modules too. Let's you control everything and in a much more sophisticated way.

Jeez... post hog that I am this morning. Guess I'm doing my part to get this thread to 1,000,000 views!
    Thanks for the info.
    What the Fuck, Over.

apriliaforum expert
    Hey Axecent, you're welcome.

Check out mvagusta.net. The guy that's doing the eproms is merc07. He has a post with the software available to download.

I would think the cool thing for your Tambo would be to put the Microtec on it. The UK guy that has a direct plug-n-play unit is X81, and is a site sponsor with a business called X-Bikes. I guess you can do anything with it. Micah could tune it on his dyno and adjust any parameter you would need.

Arrow makes a cat delete mid pipe they seem to need, and an aftermarket air filter such as MWR helps too. Putting the bike back to stock would be a simple matter of swapping back these three parts.

My bike is just a standard F4 1000 S, but is so clean and new I want to keep it stock. I'm doing the custom chip, mid pipe, and filter. The chip is being written to turn on the fans much earlier, raise the RPM that the EBS comes on, advance ignition timing at low to mid RPM, and adjust fueling from emissions stoich in this area to more like 13.2 AFR. He worked out the ignition and fueling tables for a 1000 S on a dyno a few months ago, so it should be close enough for me. As it is now, the stock fueling is just terrible.

2007 Ducati GT 1000, red

Page 378 of 393 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388 ... LastLast