Page 376 of 393 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 5893

Thread: The "What's in the AF1 shop" Thread

do they use berillim seats with those titanium valves?
    ApriliaCup Race @Misano 12nd October 2014.. come and race with us!
    http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...ober-12nd-2014

Visit my FB page and like it!
    https://www.facebook.com/gabroracingteam

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Yes, the seats and guides would be of a different material. Apparently our heads are ridicoulsly similar to Ilmore vintage IndyCar stuff and with tiny mods many of the head parts fit. Basically George has a shitload (6-8 complete motors, enough new spares To keep each running for a long time...etc) and no real use for a lot of that stuff. While he was playing with my valve seats he started swapping parts around to see of they fit and what mods are required.

You can use the stock seats on the hot side to add 33mm stock valves to your existing heads or if you have 36mm intakes the seats with work will support the stock 38mm intake valves. Owners of small valve heads may soon have an easier option for upsizing valves. This would be sweet as big valve dual spark heads are getting harder to come by and even those had 31mm exhaust valves. Since the exhaust ports on the early gen1 heads are a major choke point some potential is obviously seen here.
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    699 W. San Antonio
    New Braunfels, TX 78130
    830-626-3966
    micah@af1racing.com

Oh fuckydie fucker fucking asshole local cops! Out calibrating the APRC shit on a new Tuono V4, get pulled over....for speeding....anyone know the speed you have to calibrate APRC at....40km/hour. This asshole pulls me over claiming he "saw" me go 55mph....then when backed into a corner about his radar eyes accuracy he changes story to he paced me...asked all sorts of total bullshit questions...like why I was nervous (well lets see, you pulled me over in some beat up ass unmarked car for allegedly doing twice the speed I was actually going, hmmm, wonder why I might be nervous). Then asks me if I have ever been in jail...when I tell him never, he looks fucking shocked, asks me to clarify....what the fuck needs to be clarified, hmmm, I have never been in jail, pretty sure i would remember that. He then asks how many tickets have I gotten...well sir, lets see since i was 16 years old, like in the last 22 years or what..."no, last 5 years"...well one, maybe another for a non moving violation...."are you sure"...no, not really, the last 60 months of data cannot be reviewed that quickly in my head....turns out I was right. He then says he is "letting me off easy, no ticket IF I will admit going 55mph"....tell him sure, when I was back on the highway I was indeed going well over 55mph even...fuck off asshole!!!

LEO's wonder how they get a bad rap with the public....this is a perfect example. I cannot wait for him to come in the shop so I can kick his ass the fuck out of here! Fucking asshat pig fucker!!!

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    699 W. San Antonio
    New Braunfels, TX 78130
    830-626-3966
    micah@af1racing.com

apriliaforum expert twinkiethekid's Avatar
    Is that all Micah? Tell us how you really feel!!!
    '03 Falco, in the fast colors
    '15 Caponord #119, look upon my toy, ye Mighty, and despair!

Frenzies bewilder, reveries perturb the mind.
    Constitution Allah Ackbar Tea Party bomb abortion patriot gun IRS Islam dog whistle Obama prayer tax surveillance

That was the nicest review I could bring myself to write. Just took another out for calibration and inspection...the girl at the inspection place took mercy on me, Valium take me away!

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    699 W. San Antonio
    New Braunfels, TX 78130
    830-626-3966
    micah@af1racing.com

I feel your pain Micah, the fuckers forget who it is they are actually working for. Just remember it's you who gets to do super cool shit for a living, and he'll just always be what he is.
    I am the Nightrider! I am a fuel-injected suicide machine! I am a rocker! I am a roller! I am an out-of-controller! I am the Chosen One! The mighty hand of Vengeance! Sent down to strike the unroadworthy! I'm hotter than a rolling dice! Step right up, chum, and watch the kid lay down a rubber road right to freedom!

Micah- Big Laugh on your cop write up!

I guess your shops aren't like the BMW shop up north in town, because they always have cops hanging out, they got cop bikes everywhere, and cop bike pictures on the wall with captions reading "the long arm of the law just got a little longer"...

Maybe if APD buys Guzzies- you can have the same set up and you will be able to name drop and ass grab your way out of a ticket stop next time!

LOL!
    Wherever I go- there I am!

The strangest aspect was how he got visibly mad that I spoke to him as an equal, not some pompous authority figure. We are all just people after all. I stayed calm but stood my ground. Bottom line is that if in this little town they write you a ticket you are NOT going to get out of it. The whole reason I always answer my jury duty summons actually, one day I probably will be defending my own ass against some bullshit case, I have always hoped that if I do my jury duty at least a few people around here, even the latinos and blacks can still get at least a fair trial. It is rare to run into a LEO this nuts by my own admission. Had I actually been speeding I would have had zero doubt why I was pulled over. This was simply weird beyond words. He even took my friggin pocket knife, then as we were getting ready to leave he decides to compliment the knife, "nice piece". I tell him it is standard police issue knife, just like all my others, my guns etc. he decides NOW is a good time to start making small talk about how hard it is to get a good knife anymore. I just asked for it back and told him it was unlikely we were gonna be friends or anything.

I closed our conversation with, "I hope your day gets better", which set him off on another tirade about how great his day already was. I told him that no matter how good it was it could always get better and "to not forget that once you stop hoping for better days they are sure to fade"...he closed car door and left, going roughly 50% over speed limit in a school zone by the middle school at the top of the hill behind the shop. Man, if he is like this one a "good day" I would hate to see him on a bad day.

This is one of many reasons that one day I will make exodus from the USA. It simply is not the same country I grew up in. I have never been treated so bizzarely by any police and I have dept with police across the USA, and in about all of Mexico and central America not to mention most nations in.

Hell as I was getting the royal fuckjob treatment up the street Ed was delivering a new Mana sale to a local LEO customer in the shop. This one guy was rouge I have to say. It was really friggin weird. Totally unmarked cars are not allowed for traffic stops in Texas, a rule that became law after a rash of police impersonators decided to write tickets and harass people. This was a truly unmarked car. He had no radar and I saw no red stripes on the insignia indicating a traffic type officer. He was about my age, a bit older perhaps. The car though speaks volumes. 10-12 year old beat to shit light blue Crown Vic Police. ONLY in grill lights, no cage...no marks but definite correct radio gear and in car systems. Fuck, I am still confused today. If you check your vmax when you get your new Tuono you will see that it was speed tested to Over 120mph but that was done like ten miles away out at the municipal airport. I was doing NOTHING wrong at the time of the traffic stop, contrary to his claims, after the calibration took on the dash I did accelerate up to 45mph or so since that is the posted speed limit on that road AND there are always cops around there running radar, I am not stupid after all. Hmmmppphhhh. Oh well. Reporting will only cause more problems in this town. Do plan on talking with buddy who is Sherriff about this guy though. At least someone in local law enforcement needs to know this guy is a liar and also a bit insane I think.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    699 W. San Antonio
    New Braunfels, TX 78130
    830-626-3966
    micah@af1racing.com

apriliaforum expert
    we have "unmarked" cars w/ phantom POLICE on the sides.

new camaro's even

dunno if the popo is any better in other countries

i was stopped and questioned in holland....about my suspecious activities of riding a bicycle down a street/sidewalk to quickly.
    '00 VFR Sold
    '08 'BUSA Sold
    '10 T Factory Sold
    '14 GROM!

Hell I think I even posted a few years ago, early in this thread maybe about getting pulled for "suspicious activity" while riding my Vespa over to the GF's place. No reason, like 3-4 cop cars, all sorts of questions about where I was going where I was coming from and such. That almost made sense because there was a rational line of questioning by multiple officers who then compared notes and decided they were not looking for this droid. Hell I knew several of the officers that night from responding to alarm calls at the shop. While that was annoying I never felt any sense of crazy. This last one was different.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    699 W. San Antonio
    New Braunfels, TX 78130
    830-626-3966
    micah@af1racing.com

^^^ Well you do look suspicious...
    Pete

Because what Micah needs is yet one more project idea
    http://blog.caranddriver.com/lemons-...-stroke-miata/
    The Duke
    President
    Raoul Duke Media LLC
    www.rumblestripradio.com

You sure he was a real cop? We had a string of people impersonating police here in Vegas last year. It was creepy.

Yeah, based on the return radio communication I think it was definitely a real cop. I could hear local PD call back after running plates, DL and Insurance. Before anyone thinks I am just amazingly paranoid about the local PD situation or our fine city in general I would like to share a little link. There has been a LOT of political strife and court challenges and whatnot with the city and local businesses in recent years. This link is from the one of the last city council meetings, the guy speaking is Mike Reynolds, he founded the local "non mainstream" paper and is a contributor to the local radio station at times. By non mainstream paper you guys know what I mean, every area has one or two, usually with actual reporting on abuses and issues important to local folks while the older paper in town is all business, as in they print precious little they are not paid to print.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0YTU...&feature=share

Watch it and catch up on how far out of whack with reality a lot of the local "authorities" actually are...sure this guy is pushing buttons but you would have to live here and deal with this municipality to really know enough details for this to make total sense I guess.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    699 W. San Antonio
    New Braunfels, TX 78130
    830-626-3966
    micah@af1racing.com

Awesome link on the car and driver blog...oh so cool! I have only driven one 2T car ever and you would have never thought of racing that thing. I think it was like a DKW, but may have been some very early Saab thing of some sort.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    699 W. San Antonio
    New Braunfels, TX 78130
    830-626-3966
    micah@af1racing.com

Page 376 of 393 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386 ... LastLast