Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Learn how to DE-RESTRICT here!! step by step w/PICS!!

apriliaforum newb
    I tried taking off the cover for my aprilia sportcity 50 to get to the variator and limiter. The cover didn't want to come off...anyone know if it comes off easily or does it have something else holding it in. Any info on de-restricting it, pics.videos would help.

apriliaforum newb
    I took off the cover this morning. Make sure you get all the bolts out, including the two that have little metal clips attached. You'll need to remove the cover to the air filter, maybe the air filter box itself. Part of the cover is behind that and doesn't like to come out. There are some small "handles" or extensions on the metal cover in the front and back (fore and aft) for you to grab a hold of. Pull out on those firmly and it should wiggle free.

I wasn't able to get the cover fully off, but I was able to see where the limiting washer on the variator should be, but there wasn't anything extra there. Is this scooter restricted? 'Cause I seem to hit a wall at about 30 mph, but is it just because the scooter is very slow?

Hello,
    If i were to remove those sealed pipes only.... would this affect fuel/air ratio.. or would i have to change anything?
    Aprilia SR50 R carb 2009 - De-restricted variator - All stock parts - 6,000 miles - Near perfect condition

apriliaforum newb

Aprilia sonic

Hello I have an aprilia sonic 50cc lc. Any advice on how to de restrict one of these thanks.

apriliaforum newb
    Hi - I bought a 99 sr50 Stealth with the carb'd Minarelli engine. I just want to confirm whether this model/year uses a ECU and what restrictions it has.

PROUD to be a American Living in the USA.
    no ecu i haveone
    Feel free look at my small collection of aprilia scooters
    Tap picture to view the photo's and enjoy

2003 APRILIA SR50 SPORT-PRO 900mi SUPER MINT CONDITION, MORINI MOTOR AND A NEW 2009 APRILIA Dietech SR 50 FACTORY 300 miles like new condition

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino666 View Post
    no ecu i haveone
    If its the same model and youve derestricted it can you tell the extent of the restrictions? Cheers..

PROUD to be a American Living in the USA.
    have u done any thing to it ?

have u read Learn how to DE-RESTRICT here!! step by step w/PICS!! page 1

FOUR restrictions on it. they include: a jet restriction in the carb, a washer in the variator, change pipe
    better rollers and better pipe
    Last edited by rhino666; 06-27-2014 at 12:43 PM.
    Feel free look at my small collection of aprilia scooters
    Tap picture to view the photo's and enjoy

2003 APRILIA SR50 SPORT-PRO 900mi SUPER MINT CONDITION, MORINI MOTOR AND A NEW 2009 APRILIA Dietech SR 50 FACTORY 300 miles like new condition

apriliaforum newb
    The only thing ive done is remove the extra pipe on the exhaust. Ive got some 6.5g rollers, new belt on the way. Once i have everything ill remove the variator washer. Still need to figure out what size main jet i should use if i intend to stay with the de-restricted exhaust for now. The de-restricting thread suggests that since i have the dell'orto 12c removing the OE 74 and replacing it with a 80 but that was neth. Does that sound in the ballpark.

apriliaforum newb
    Hi. I have a 2009 Aprilia Sportcity One 50 cc. (Carberated). Can I change the roller weight, carb Jet on my model? I'm guessing that because it's carberater there is no rev limiter on it. Thanks in advance for any info you can pass my way

apriliaforum expert
    to derestirict the sportcity you need to remove the exhaust cut the extra pipe and weld it together, also remove the variator ring
    so the engine can reach the full speed
    there is no need to fiddle with the carb

apriliaforum newb
    Name:  help.png
Views: 534
Size:  50.9 KBHi sorry to bump an old thread (if i am doing, im new to the site so unsure). Im switching the exhaust on my Mojito custom 2008 with piaggio engine. The stock exhaust has a small hose coming off a small metal pipe on the exhaust. My new exhaust does not have the extra pipe on it to connect the hose too. My question is is this hose the Catalytic hose (My exhaust is a catalyst one). The pipe it is coming off is the one circled in the picture. If it is the catalyst hose can i just block it off and attach the new exhaust ?.

apriliaforum expert
    this is the SAS valve breather pipe
    you have a fresh air intake on the oem exhust so the cat can reach higher temperatures and quicker burn the fumes

when you put a aftermarket cat you have no SAS valve and therefore its not needed

apriliaforum newb
    ah ok thanks for the reply, much appreciated. So its ok for me to go ahead and put the new exhaust on right ?. do i just plug the hose or do i remove it and plug the hole in the engine block ?.

apriliaforum Member
    whatever you do...dont do what i did.....i went out and bought "blue loctite"....i bought a bottle of loctite that was blue...but it wasnt blue grade threadlock....it was just superglue in a blue bottle by the company loctite.....my nut spun off ....i went to the store and bought blue-grade threadlock and now its fine....
    2004 Aprilia Mojito Retro 50cc
    2003 Vespa ET2 50cc
    2001 Triumph TT600
    1993 Yamaha Razz 50cc

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678