Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Learn how to DE-RESTRICT here!! step by step w/PICS!!

apriliaforum newb
    Hi, im from Bulgaria and this is my first post in your forum. I like it very much. First i want to say sorry because, im asking for my Peugeot Trekker 100cc. I dont know how to derestrict it. It's doing only 87 km/h. I bought it on 2400 km. Can anyone help me ? There is nothing in the variator (nothing in the middle, of the back of variator), and I don't have any second pipe coming out from the auspuff.

apriliaforum newb
    Hello, thanks for the great information. I have recently purchased an 2008 Aprilia Scarabeo 100. Does this moped have the same type of restrictions as the 50 ditech?

apriliaforum newb

cdi

hi scootn.iam in england and new to this.just alittle question,been told i have to cut into cdi unit,on a piaggio vespa lx50 to derestrict it and wondered if you know which colour to cut.thanx in advance

apriliaforum newb

My SR50.

Hiya, im wondering if you can help me.

I have recently changed my piston to a 70cc big bore kit and bought a k and n air filter for my scooter as he old one was all dirty, and i upjetted it to 100 as i made these changes. There have been other changes to the bike such exhaust and lighter rollers. 4.7 grams and a polini belt, also a racing induction kit read valve as my rubber was broken on my old one. the bike rides fine 30/35 but i read that bikes with all this done to it go much more faster like 60+. the bike when ridding will reach 30 40 easy then you pull it back and it doset do anything, just makes a loud noise and slows down slightly. could you help me please? what could it be? Its a Aprilia SR50 LC Piaggio Engine build. 2003. Thanks Dean.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by gazman View Post
    I've read all the stuff about de restricting and now at a bit of a loss. Just bought new Mojito custom 50 and was told by the dealer that they would de restrict it for me. My average top end speed on the flat would be about 42mph nearly 50 on a bit of a downhill. The thing is my exhaust looks untouched ie. the bolts are still welded at the manifold join and there's a small diameter tube coming out of the manifold that connects to a rubber pipe with jubilee clips. Is this the pipe that needs cutting off? In the owner handbook it mentions a catalytic converter dont know if that is part of exhaust system or not? So my main question is with the speeds I'm getting does it sound like a derestricted scoot or has the dealer stitched me up? Also does anyone know a good scoot tuner near me (Brisbane, Australia). I need bike to do about 50mph on the flat without too much fuss and expense. Any ideas.
    I bought my 2004 Mojito Custom 50 new in the U.S.
    The Mojito Custom was only sold in 2004 & 2005 in the U.S. and is considered a rather rare model. The top speed I could get is between 40-43 mph on a flat road and 5 mph more going downhill.
    I asked my dealership about de-restricting and I was told it was already done from the factory for the U.S. market. This sounds a bit strange as I thought scooters sold in the U.S. were restricted for 50cc models so that it could comply to various motorized scooters/restricted motorcycle classifications, and always felt my scooter was a bit on the sluggish side.

I was told upgrading my exhaust will slightly improve performance & fuel economy, and feel a little more responsive. I plan on doing this anyways, but would like to know other easier ways to get more performance out of my Mojito Custom 50 without spending much money.

apriliaforum newb
    Hi guys really good thread i have used this info to get rid of 3 of the restriction in my aprilia habana 50cc all i need now is a bigger jet size.

Could any one tell me were i can get a hold of bigger jet sizes for the carb and also were i could find a stiffer contra spring for my habana i have looked on google but cant seem to find any suppliers for this parts.
    Are the contra springs model specific or are they universal.

thanks guys.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Thanks for this!!!

apriliaforum newb

2006 scarabeo 50 4t derestricting

Hi there,

i am new to the world of scooters and just purchased a 2006 scarabeo 50 4t. It's really beautiful, but it realllly slow. 35 max, 15 mph on hills. I have been pissing off motorists with my slow speeds all over the ann arbor area. So it's become clear that i have to try the de restricting.

for starters, on this model, does the cpu have to be remapped in order to de restrict, because i spoke to a local scooter mechanic and he mentioned just crossing a wire. but he said he'd really have to see my model.

also, he mentioned that because its a 4 stroke, that there might not be restrictions on it, that 4 strokes are just generally slower. But i have also read online people saying they have a scarabeo 50 4t that's been derestricted and it gets 60 down hill.

basically, i really need to speed this thing up. so the big question is, to speed it up does it absolutely require remapping the cpu, because the mechanic i spoke with said it could just require rewiring, additionally there is no one locally including the local aprilia dealer that knows how to remap a cpu. I spoke with the aprilia dealer and he said they have never had a request to do that on the scooters, but he could possibly speak to 'regional'. So, to get more speed, does it absolutely require cpu remapping?

additionally, i read in a thread that once the remapping, variator restrictor, and roller weights have been done, that the exhaust actually makes minimal difference in performance. so i wanted to ask, how important is de restricting the exhaust, and do you know that it is definitely restricted on a 2006 scarabeo 50 4t?

hope you all can help me out with this, because my new scooter is a lot of fun, but really pretty slow, and i'd like to start getting up to speed

best,
    chris

apriliaforum newb
    Thanks for sharing!
    Accessing the carb, do u have to remove the seat? Is that a difficult job, any tutorials on that?

Thx

apriliaforum newb
    No one in here to answer my question?

Quote Originally Posted by scootnfast View Post
    OK, now you should be looking at the whole drive train... The variator is on the left, and the clutch is on the right. To remove the variator, you need an impact wrench... You will simply turn the motor with a wrench, IT MUST BE IMPACTED OFF!!! If you need to take the clutch off, simply hold the back brake on while removing the bolt.

Why does it have to be impacted off?

apriliaforum newb
    have you replaced the cdi unit with a sport cdi ? Also a sport clutch and springs hard or soft depending on your riding style soft for quick off the mark accel or hard for high rev bite , and a sport exhaust dont get a 50cc sport exhaust since you now have a 70cc bore kit more exhaust fumes bigger exhaust

apriliaforum newb
    same here i have a trekker as well there is nothing in the varator or exhaust like you said i am stumpted my old 50cc goes faster than may 100cc trekker need help please

apriliaforum newb
    Why does the variator need to be impacted off? Do you know what an impact driver does? I would think a good analogy would be the difference between pushing a nail into wood vs using a hammer. With a wrench, you'll just make the whole drivetrain spin. With an impact driver, it's going to hit the bolt real hard and release it, so only the bolt gets enough inertia to move.

I showed a neighbor of mine the difference between an impact driver and a regular driver using a bolt as big as my thumb. He could barely hold onto the driver, he had to apply no torque at all to sink the bolt with the impact driver.
    Last edited by Welchomatic; 05-02-2012 at 04:14 PM. Reason: mispelled word

The variator nut doesn't "need" to be removed with an impact gun. It's just easy and fast. The proper way to remove the variator nut is with a wrench and the proper tool to hold the variator.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast