Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Learn how to DE-RESTRICT here!! step by step w/PICS!!

Welcome aboard Morgz!

So I got an impact today and attempted to pull the restrictor ring out.

I wish I read this thread more carefully. I would have known my 2007 didnt have one!

Since I dont have my new weights yet from the mail man, I went ahead and pulled off that gold ring held on by three screws on the back.

Put it all back together, and went for a ride.

What did I find? I gained 500 RPM!? Now it tops out at 7500.

It still wont go over 46 MPH, but it did get there quicker once I got to 40.

I think I'll know for sure if my SR is derestricted or not once my LEO pipe and Weights arrive. If it still doesnt go over 46 MPH, I need it reprogrammed.

I assume my logic is correct on this?
    'VO4R58PRU4NG DUR3C7H TEC5HN2IK'

apriliaforum newb

Drive Belt

HI THERE, I AM EXPERIANCING THE 'JERKING' MOTION WHEN GOING DOWN HILLS ON MY PEUGOUT BLASTER, AND WAS WONDERING WHAT SIZE DRIVE BELT I SHOULD GET AND WHERE I CAN GET IT FROM.

THANKS

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxkid45 View Post
    HI THERE, I AM EXPERIANCING THE 'JERKING' MOTION WHEN GOING DOWN HILLS ON MY PEUGOUT BLASTER, AND WAS WONDERING WHAT SIZE DRIVE BELT I SHOULD GET AND WHERE I CAN GET IT FROM.

THANKS
    Hi their, you van get a new drive belt form here
    http://www.adrenalin-pedstop.co.uk/p...DRIVE-887.aspx
    but why are you after a new one? what problems are you having, they don't really offer any extra perforamnce, you only need to get a new one if you have problems with your stock belt

oh and how does a impact wrench work? and can't i take my varitaor off without using one?

apriliaforum newb

aprilia sr50jets

helo ppl .i am wondering does sr50z have a restrictor in the main jet and if so wat size do i need 2 chane it 2???

apriliaforum newb
    i though this is an sr50 de-restriction thread not a peugout blaster de-restriction thread lol

apriliaforum newb

Mojito 50, Habana 50, Service manual Please

Big thank you to Sticky (Scootnfast) for your excellent easy to follow advice and tips on derestricting, Could anyone let me khow were i can down load a service manual for a Habana 50, or Mojito 50, I assume they are the same manual? Would appreciate many thanks

that cover that you leave off when you take out the washer form the variator what does it do?
    Last edited by reecebuy; 04-21-2009 at 04:47 PM.
    2008 aprilia sr50 factory
    leo vince pipe
    4.8 gram rollers
    everything else stock

alryt reece, you should have that cover on your variator, yours should be a slightly different vario compared to these pics

do carb versions need remapping after using a new variator?
    Last edited by lotto2k7; 05-27-2009 at 03:31 PM.
    Lotto2k7

Aprilia SR50-R, 58 Plate
    Diablo Black/Red

De-Restricted Piaggio Carb Engine
    Giannelli Extra Chrome Exhaust
    Polini Speed Control
    Stage6 Clutch Wing Cooler

Top Speed: 58MPH

www.Bebo.com/Sr50rAprilia

SOLD MY BABY

I HAVE SOME PERFORMANCE PARTS FOR SALE PM ME IF YOUR INTERESTED

Unhappy doppler ER1 sports exhaust

before i brought this exhaust my bike reached 60mph easily with alot of power. my exhaust had broke and i have brought a doppler ER1 soirts exaust from: http://www.adrenalin-pedstop.co.uk/p...PORTS-632.aspx
    and now im restricted to 30mph!! i could go 60mph before i put this new exhaust on!
    please could someone tell me how to destrict the exhaust? ive taken out a little plate with small tube on out but i still have no power.
    any help welcome i am really greatfull thanks.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by scootnfast View Post
    Hello,

With those speeds, I would say there is some deffinate de-ristriction work been done... Now, if the weld is still on the flange bolts, then they may not have de-restricted it ALL the way. If you cut the smaller pipe out of the exhaust and the little bent pipe off, you will get a little more performance. It may not all be in top end, but you should see a bit more pep out of it.

As far as catalytic converter goes, the stock pipe is a catalytic converter. That is why it weighs like 50lbs! Also you may have noticed that after you ride for a bit it becomes VERY hot.

Touring pipe is good improvement over stock, but if you can get ahold of a nice expansion chamber and fit it on, that would be even better.
    Mine does 47mph but still have that small pipe sticking out on the side. My stock exhaust doesn't have that middle flanged thing with the screws you hack off. Mine is stock but no middle flanged stuff. By cutting that extra pipe off and sealing it, will it increase the performance without creating any issues like bogging or losing top speed. Thats all I plan to do right now. I have a 01 replica #1 carburated. Thanks

I have an sr50 ditech piaggio, and im able to make 45-47 top speed and around 8000-8500 to rpm on the flats, im wondering if it was derestricted at the dealer before being sold. its brand new 09. im hesitant to buy all the tools to find out the washer is gone... i am also not sure if the remap was done either. if i bring my VIN to the dealer could they tell me what work was done to it before it was sold? im reading that these guys can go 60 mph.
    Aprilia SR 50 Factory '09
    -93 octane gas
    -Seafoam
    -NGK PMR7A Spark Plug

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by gearboy666 View Post
    I have an sr50 ditech piaggio, and im able to make 45-47 top speed and around 8000-8500 to rpm on the flats, im wondering if it was derestricted at the dealer before being sold. its brand new 09. im hesitant to buy all the tools to find out the washer is gone... i am also not sure if the remap was done either. if i bring my VIN to the dealer could they tell me what work was done to it before it was sold? im reading that these guys can go 60 mph.
    Its probably restricted.
    You should be able to do around 9500rpm, maybe even 10 000rpm

apriliaforum prov-nov
    OK, Well I have been reading through a lot of postings and I see lots of people asking how to de-restrict... And nobody really answers them with detailed instructions. So I went ahead and took lots of pics so I can post them for you newbee's!

Let me start by letting you know some basics...

1. If you tamper with the motor in any way to de-restrict it, some dealers will completely void your warranty. So make sure this is a sacrifice you are willing to make.

2. ALL bolts and socket head cap screws are in metric! Don't try to work on your vehicle if you don't have metric tools, you will just end up messing up the heads.

3. I own an 02' sr-50 ditech and an 04 mojito. The drive train (Variator, belt, contra spring, and clutch) are as far as I can tell, exactly the same... Other than the stock roller weights are lighter in the mojito.

4. The mojito has FOUR restrictions on it. they include: a jet restriction in the carb, a washer in the variator, and 2 on the exhaust. I will make several postings to show all the steps you need to complete the de-restrictions.

5. The sr-50 ditech only has 2 restrictions on it, they include: a washer in the variator, and you have to have a dealer re-map your injection system... You really need to get a high performance exhaust to get the performance though.

6. Results for de-restricting on my vehicles are as follows:

SR-50 ditech - stock had decent acceleration, and a top speed of 40-45 MPH. After de-restricting (Washer removal and re-mapping), I had a top end of 58 MPH, but had terrible acceleration, and a dead spot from 35-45 MPH. I put a gianelli exhaust on, and a new fly clutch. I used the 6.5 gram roller weights that came with the pipe, and I get 60MPH on level ground with great acceleration and no dead spot... And yes that is ACTUAL speed... I had my wife follow me in my jeep to verify my speed in case of inacurate speedo!

Mojito - stock... well it was a DOG!!! 30 MPH, 35 MPH downhill, with virtually no acceleration. After completing all 4 de-restrictions, a top speed of 47 MPH (verified), and really good acceleration... Everything else is still stock! The only thing I bought for it was a .8 mm jet ($10)!!! I have an Arrow classic high performance exhaust for the mojito also, but I recommend getting the leo vince pipe instead. With that on, I have even better acceleration, and a top end of about 52MPH flat out, and 55MPH down hill!!!

7. I am pretty sure that almost all aprillia models are relatively the same, and have pretty much the same restrictions on each... give or take a few restrictions.

8. OK, now that the ground work has been set, lets show you how this is all done!!!
    does any1 have the restricting washer they could sell me ? ? ? ? ? pleaseee

apriliaforum prov-nov
    hi, how fast would a 2001 sr50 ditech go de-resticted?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Once you have it apart, this is what it will look like. If you want to go to a different weight, this is when you do it!

but why should you leave that part out?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast