Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Learn how to DE-RESTRICT here!! step by step w/PICS!!

Question Peugeot Ludix Blaster - Deristicting

Hi me and my uncle have had a go at taking the washer restrictor out of the variator on my Ludix Blaster. We had a look and took out the variator, we noticed that there was no washer on the variator! We checked it all over and there was nothing that was washer looking! Could anyone tell me where to go from here? I know that it isnt deristricted because i bought it new from a dealer, and also i get a "jurky" holding me back motion when i go downhill at top speed when doing around 38-40mph. This is what is making me think that it is ristricted! Could anyone tell me what to do now? thanks

If its doing 40mph its probably already derestricted. But I've read a story that the new peugeot engines have very slow stock cilinders and its impossible to fit aftermarket cilinderse since the carters are too small somehow. But Im not sure if this is the case for all ludix types. But overall there is very little information about these new peugeot engines and on how to tune them.
    Supermoto Central - 100% Supermoto

Question Belts?

Yes thats true there is very little to no info on these peugeot's, one thing that me and my uncle found is the size of the belt. As theres no washer on the variator the only thing slowing the bike down is the width of the belt. Its hard to explain but we think the "jerkin" motion is the belt slipping on the top of the variator when at high speed (or downhill). So one way to increase speed is to find a belt with a thiner width in size, this will increase the amount of space its got to rise on the variator with the centrifugal force, this giving you more speed. But can anyone confirm this prediction? Anyone any idea's?

Question De-restricting Ludix Blaster

I have been looking around for how to de-restrict properly my ludix blaster. I have found a website www.scooter-center.com the website is german but you can change the language etc. Anyway i have found in the peugeot ludix LC (liquid cooled) section a deristricted CDI Unit. They say if i take out my restricted CDI Unit and replace it with this it de-restricts my bike! Just wondering has anyone heard of these CDI things? And could you tell me whats happens when you install one? Cheers
    Happy Days!
    Prillia pOwaaarrr!!!

apriliaforum newb

Unhappy New Mojito custom 50 owner

I've read all the stuff about de restricting and now at a bit of a loss. Just bought new Mojito custom 50 and was told by the dealer that they would de restrict it for me. My average top end speed on the flat would be about 42mph nearly 50 on a bit of a downhill. The thing is my exhaust looks untouched ie. the bolts are still welded at the manifold join and there's a small diameter tube coming out of the manifold that connects to a rubber pipe with jubilee clips. Is this the pipe that needs cutting off? In the owner handbook it mentions a catalytic converter dont know if that is part of exhaust system or not? So my main question is with the speeds I'm getting does it sound like a derestricted scoot or has the dealer stitched me up? Also does anyone know a good scoot tuner near me (Brisbane, Australia). I need bike to do about 50mph on the flat without too much fuss and expense. Any ideas.

Hello,

With those speeds, I would say there is some deffinate de-ristriction work been done... Now, if the weld is still on the flange bolts, then they may not have de-restricted it ALL the way. If you cut the smaller pipe out of the exhaust and the little bent pipe off, you will get a little more performance. It may not all be in top end, but you should see a bit more pep out of it.

As far as catalytic converter goes, the stock pipe is a catalytic converter. That is why it weighs like 50lbs! Also you may have noticed that after you ride for a bit it becomes VERY hot.

Touring pipe is good improvement over stock, but if you can get ahold of a nice expansion chamber and fit it on, that would be even better.
    02' SR Ditech - 03' Mojito Retro - 04' Mojito Custom

Visit Scootnfast.com for lots of scooter tuning tutorials and information!

ExTremE ScoOTeRs-
    ModIFied fOr PerFoRManCe!!!

apriliaforum newb

Question Whats the best expansion pipe

Any ideas what is the best expansion pipe for my Mojo 50 custom, and do I then need to change the carb jets or any other mods needed to get the best performance with the least fuss and expense. Also the little pipe that comes off the exhaust doesn't just stop its connected to a round plastic looking container via a rubber tube. Any ideas what that is. cheers.
    Last edited by gazman; 01-14-2006 at 07:48 PM.

Well, they really don't make an expansion chamber specifically for a mojito. You have to do a little customizing to getone to fit. Only touring pipes are available for the Mojito.

As far as jetting and all that goes, it is hard to say if the dealer re-jetted it or not.

Read this: http://scootnfast.com/scootnfast/Tun...ance_Parts.htm

It explains a lot about what will give you performance for your $$$
    02' SR Ditech - 03' Mojito Retro - 04' Mojito Custom

Visit Scootnfast.com for lots of scooter tuning tutorials and information!

ExTremE ScoOTeRs-
    ModIFied fOr PerFoRManCe!!!

apriliaforum newb
    Do these know you have used there information?

http://www.flexistentialist.org/arch...cting_an.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Hoveringpie
    Do these know you have used there information?

http://www.flexistentialist.org/arch...cting_an.shtml
    if you'd have bothered to look at it properly, you would have seen that it says ' This document was originally written as a thread on the ApriliaForum by Scott (AKA Scootnfast) and all credit should go to him.'

apriliaforum newb
    Oh yeah soz.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoveringpie
    Oh yeah soz.
    no probz m8

apriliaforum prov-nov
    hello ive just brought an 02 sr50 ditech the owner said its been derestricted but after reading some posts here i dont think it has. i can only get about 42 mph on a straight and 45 down a hill so im thinking that no derestricting has been done. is the washer on the variator easy to remove? also i need to find a dealer close to leicester to get the ecu remapped

apriliaforum newb

Aprilia SR50 Factory

Hiya, i recently bought an Aprilia sr50 factory, and have found your information very interesting and informative. But i have one problem, i cant take the cover off, covering the variator? its the big silver metal thing, i unscrew the screws but it still seems stuck on as though its welded? but im sure it wont be? any feedback on this? much appreciated, dan

apriliaforum Member richardkemp's Avatar
    Wiggle it, whack it, etc, there is a little pin which holds it in place. It will come.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast