Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cilinder kit port maps

apriliaforum expert Modular Overrev's Avatar

cilinder kit port maps

cilinder kit port maps for your viewing pleasure, please add more to this thread if you got any performance cilinders lying around.

this is for comparison only so you'll know what the ports look like before you buy one.

the first below is an unported EVO6 LC cilinder, please forgive the lousy shading that i made.
    JDM 2004 Honda CBR600RR
    Akrapovic Evo full system PC III USB WP 4618 rear shock WP 1508 steering damper Ohlins 0,90 kg/mm fork springs Overrev tuned cartridges Brembo 19 RCS HEL brakelines PF front pads & SBS rear pads DID ERV3 520 chain 15/47 AFAM sprocket Robby Moto quick throttle Euro racing riser plates

2004 Yamaha Aerox R
    Yasuni C21 MHR Team 6T 70cc kit MHR Team crank Stage6 crank bearings PVL inner rotor ignition Keihin PWK28 carb Malossi VL12 reevalve KOSO manifold Polini Evo SS9 vario Malossi ventilvar Bando belt Polini 128mm rear pulley Malossi Delta clutch Malossi Wingbell Polini 15/42 gear kit Malossi RS24 rear shock Aprilia Rally 12" wheels Bridgestone Racing Battlax tires

Re: cilinder kit port maps

Originally posted by Modular Overrev

the first below is an unported EVO6 LC cilinder, please forgive the lousy shading that i made.
    hehehe i clicked the submit button by accident silly of me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    JDM 2004 Honda CBR600RR
    Akrapovic Evo full system PC III USB WP 4618 rear shock WP 1508 steering damper Ohlins 0,90 kg/mm fork springs Overrev tuned cartridges Brembo 19 RCS HEL brakelines PF front pads & SBS rear pads DID ERV3 520 chain 15/47 AFAM sprocket Robby Moto quick throttle Euro racing riser plates

2004 Yamaha Aerox R
    Yasuni C21 MHR Team 6T 70cc kit MHR Team crank Stage6 crank bearings PVL inner rotor ignition Keihin PWK28 carb Malossi VL12 reevalve KOSO manifold Polini Evo SS9 vario Malossi ventilvar Bando belt Polini 128mm rear pulley Malossi Delta clutch Malossi Wingbell Polini 15/42 gear kit Malossi RS24 rear shock Aprilia Rally 12" wheels Bridgestone Racing Battlax tires

this one was my dear departed MHR LC cilinder (1 piece head), now it's just expensive paper weight, darn nikasil.

you can see how the ports compare against the EVO, this cilinder is old tech stuff but can be tuned to compete against updated cilinders.
    JDM 2004 Honda CBR600RR

2004 Yamaha Aerox R

Wow! This topic is a very good idea!

here is another map, this time it's my MHR Speed cilinder, i took this port map before i dived in it with die grinders screaming.
    JDM 2004 Honda CBR600RR

2004 Yamaha Aerox R

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    This is the coolest thread, thanks for posting some of those. If I get a scanner soon I will add a couple of mine....I always tear the friggin paper though.
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    699 W. San Antonio
    New Braunfels, TX 78130
    830-626-3966
    micah@af1racing.com

apriliaforum Member
    how many MM from the top is the exhaust port on EVo and MHR speed ? 19mm ?

i had 50cc ported til they are 17mm from the top and with fat pipe the produce incredible power

EVO LC cilinder exhaust port height is 20.4mm without squish clearance.

MHR Speed LC is 19.7mm without squish clearance.

are you mentioning that Suzuki stock cilinder you ported to 205? BTW i now know how to get 20:1 CR from my 50cc & it's my next project. remeber the flat pistons i was talking about?

also i have PM for you pls read.
    JDM 2004 Honda CBR600RR

2004 Yamaha Aerox R

apriliaforum Member
    yes thats mild .. i raised exhaust 1mm on evo ,retain original shape .,.

on 50 cc i even have cylinders with 215 degres and no transfer bridge at all ..

plus cut the cilinder close to linear and welded a 35mm pipe and rewelded fins back on ! i wish i had dyno and it would be a record but i pulled my hair out 9or what ever left of it) trying to jet it cause it had FAT pipe on which is very hard to jet --

it wanted rich jetting on midrenge and lean on top and bottom very hard to achieve without flooding the low end , TJT pipe is easy to jet because there is no step in power band

are you sure flat piston get you 20 to 1 ? cause the doom increase compresion more

you must retard timing to get past 14000 rpm so high compresion helps retain some hit in the band

i believe i have a good chance of reaching a higher CR with flat top piston than dome piston 'coz it's hard to machine the squishband to the curved surface of the dome, ordinary machinists haven't got the skill yet to do such an important job so going fat top is the best & easiest way for me.

plus it's easier to set squish with flat top piston & head 'coz the dome shapes pistons vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. plus remember we can go overboring the cilinder to raise displacement, CR & crankcase CR all at the same time. with 3cc head vol(54.3cc cilinder) i'll get 19.1:1 CR so that's good enough i think since i'm not running race gas. better stock up on those octane boosters 'coz i'll need lots of them to test my new set-up.

BTW guys sorry for getting out of topic.
    JDM 2004 Honda CBR600RR

2004 Yamaha Aerox R

apriliaforum Member
    if using zero degree squish radius the edges using a utility knife or it can detonate

flat top piston gets you more power .. because main transfers shoot flat ..

ok i went to a scooter parts shop this morning and guess what i saw; a complete Hebo Manston LC kit with crank & Racing III pipe! so being myself i couldn't resist peeking into the Hebo Manston cilinder to look at the ports and you know what i think? they're HUGE!!! since the person who owns the establishment is friend of mine i borrowed a pencil & a piece of paper & made a port map of the cilinder. here is the pic of the map i took & this time it's cleaner than my other maps plus it's detailed too.

ex port duration: 201.5 no sq. cl.
    main trns dur :138.3
    sec trns dur : 136.9
    boost dur : 131.7
    JDM 2004 Honda CBR600RR

2004 Yamaha Aerox R

plus additional info i forgot to add the piston dome is FLAT (graphite coated skirt)& so is the squish radius, the spanish guys really try to copy GP spec parts like the RS125 & 250cc performance kits from JHA which are also a flat top piston.

now since i have enough proof that flat top pistons are utilized in GP racing i'll go ahead with my plan and machine my own flat top piston for the 50cc.
    JDM 2004 Honda CBR600RR

2004 Yamaha Aerox R

apriliaforum Member
    see you dont need to port manston , it dont need any

i however raise the cylinder a bit til i get 205 on exhaust and 140 on main and 145 on back transfer ,thats standard fare for our track bikes

yes flat top piston are the way to go cause it reposition the transfer charge flat = more high rpm power !

i definitely agree, Manston LC Mina only needs a thorough clean up on all the ports but there's one area the Manston needs opening up; the exhaust port outlet. it's only 26.8mm which is same size as MHR Speed, i had a lengthy conversation again with Erik and we both agreed the Manston LC has copied heavily from MHR speed cilinder with Manston having more aggressive ports.

plus Manston LC must be run only with race gas of 108 octane or higher or it'll self-destruct with 98 or 100 octane pump gas. maybe machining the head to lower CR a bit will help but that'll definitely lessen the effectiveness of the cilinder.

also i took a good look at the Racing III pipe, the chamber's not bad & actually i like the design too but there's 2 areas the Racing III pipe needs a makeover; tailpipe & pipe length. Racing III is too long especially in the header area plus ID of ex manifold is a scrawny 27mm not good for max power. and the tailpipe needs to be sized down as it's BIG! it's sized like a sewer pipe! i know theyt want to keep ex. temp down since it's for road racing but this is rediculous. i thought MHR Team was the biggest tailpipe for 70cc but this one takes the cake. comparison? take a look at Fabrizi's pipe for 80cc it's exactly as big as the Racing III tailpipe.
    JDM 2004 Honda CBR600RR

2004 Yamaha Aerox R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast