Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Husqvarna SM610

Husqvarna SM610

If Aprilia doesn't make it over with the SXV's, DOT legal!!
    What do people think of the Husky SM610?
    Last edited by morphine; 04-19-2006 at 11:33 AM.

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    I have ridden a street legal 510...OMG, it was one of the most fun motorcycles I have EVER ridden and I have ridden a LOT of bikes. I am so looking forward to getting an SXV550...worth the wait if it is anything like the 610/510 Husky's.
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

My cousin "had" one.... he is a Captain of some massive oil tanker and has a few bikes.... His Husky was the Sm510 model....
    WELL you gotta see his scar on his leg from them foot pegs

Wheelies very good and sounds farty but grunty.
    Bad for long trips... very good for milk n' bread trips with wheelies
    and if ure up for it, the Husky is very good in the twisties so i hear....
    Husaberg make a Race Ready 650 SM and its crazy...... get one if you can lol
    http://www.bikepics.com/husaberg/fe650/
    We are all here to impress Micah

I've ridden both the 610/510 street legal versions. Without a doubt I'd take the 510. 610 felt just too heavy, heavy flywheel and much less "flickable". Plus with the 610 is better at high speeds while on the street. The 510 is a dirtbike with lights....much like what I did with my CRF450x.
    Chuck B
    Arizona

Holy F'ing Shit!!!
    I demoed the 610, all I have to say is excellent!
    They had a 510 there, but it was not ready to ride. I think I wil be picking up the 510 when ever possible!! 8 less horsies but over 60 lbs lighter!!

That thing is kinda ugly...compared to the Aprilia...I suppose if you don't want to wait it's better than the alternative orange KTM....

"Tuono doesn't want to gently take your hand and guide you on a trip, it wants to rip it off and run away with it! I always get the feeling that to ride a Tuono you have to be a real man, prepared to fight it every step of the way, where as on the Triumph you can have an off day and not be left feeling inadequate"
    "Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic"

JOIN ME ONAND FOR SOCAL APRILIA GROUP RIDES & UPDATES FOLLOW ME ON

apriliaforum Junkie CalPolyMille's Avatar
    My local shop dug up 3 old Cannondale motards and apparently are getting plates for them as well as had the egines sent off to get some "reliable" stuff installed that Cannondale was gonna do before it went under.... gets you thinking...

Sorry to hijack this thread but what do you guys think of the Suzuki DR-Z400SM or KTM 625 SMC? Obviously neither are in the same league as the SXV 450/550 but as a supermoto with fairly low maintenance, are they any fun when compared to sportsbikes around town?

Graphicologist Extraordinaire ckruzel's Avatar
    the drz is down on power, but still fun - guy at work just picked up a husaberg 450 sm leftover street legal with lights, turn signals for $5,000 it was a good deal
    2010 White RSV4R
    Custom Graphics
    decal questions? email me at kruzel (at)drippinwet.com
    check us out on facebook!
    Making Decals for some of the Fastest People on the Planet
    J.Hayes | M.Paris | J.Herrin | Z.Herrin | D.Westby | T.Knapp | S.Coviello | S.Villa | H.Nash | B.Solis | J.Day | C.West | A.Welsh | E.Meyers | D.Eslick | G.May | C.Alexander | D.Gaviria | J.Rispoli | J.Pascarella | B.Cretu | S.Mesa |C.Sellerom (check us out on facebook)

Quote Originally Posted by Beau1K
    That thing is kinda ugly...compared to the Aprilia...I suppose if you don't want to wait it's better than the alternative orange KTM....

Wait for the Priller.
    “The vulcan neck pinch is not half as powerful as the vulcan groin kick, but it's more politically correct”
    ~ spock

Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    they make the Husky in other colors....the red/white one looks awesome

I didn't know they were Italian!? I thought they made chainsaws too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing
    they make the Husky in other colors....the red/white one looks awesome
    I've been told that the US was only supossed to receive the dark grey colored 610 but the Austin dealer got 2 red/white ones in and they look a lot like the 510 SMR. And speaking of that...

WOW!!! I've been riding a 510 SMR all week. My buddy left it with me while he was out of town. I've been having a BLAST commuting to the office. I was concerned that it would get really hot in traffic but it's doesn't. At least not any hotter than any of the Aprilia's I've ridden in traffic. The bike works really well, even at hwy speed. I have had the chance to take a quick ride on the SXV 450 and would have to say that they are very similar in power delivery (by the seat of my pants dyno). They both handled the same. The maintenance intervals I think are pretty close. Seating position is very similar with both bikes having lowered suspension. I think both use Marzocchi forks. So I think really the decision would come down to two things...

1. Can you wait for the Aprilia?
    2. How easy is it to register (get plates) dirtbikes in your state? Technically the Aprilia will not be DOT legal. (Of course this could change by the time they actually get here)

Here in Texas I feel pretty confident that a dealer could send in the title paperwork and get plates for the SXV because the processing offices don't pay attention to what they are doing. I've seen a dealer get a plate and registration for a RS250 which has a 15 digit VIN instead of a 17 digit, which is required by law.

So, there's my .02c

Oh yeah, the Husqvarna is $800 cheaper (MSRP) and has a 6 month warranty. Not sure what kind of warranty the Aprilia will have, if any.
    Pro MOTO - Austin, TX
    Cycle Cynch

Here's what I've been riding...

hate to give it back...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pro MOTO - Austin, TX
    Cycle Cynch

Nice Marc... Is that the 450 or the 510? How many miles/months have you been on it? GUy in my office has heard that getting parts and services is hard and they require a lot of up keep.

I'd love to hear he's wrong from you!
    To the "State of California" -You can have my "Akrapovic" when you pry it from my cold dead fingers!

2010 RSV4 Factory - '09 SXV550
    '02 R1, '04 RSVR, '02 RSV

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast