Thread: About head gasket...

apriliaforum Member

About head gasket...

Hello

I have an Aprilia RX, also Minarelli AM6 powered moped and it's kitted with 75cc Athena. Last summer I had a lot of problems with the carb and everything but I got it sorted. It runned like a beast but when I came back from the ride... Well see for your self...

http://www.motot.net/galleria/showph...0/ppuser/21127

The head gasket wasn't istalled properly so all the cooling fluids were in the crank chamber. Well these things happen so I ordered a new gasket kit for the Athena. I wouldn't want this to happen again so I was wondering if you guys would have any tips how to make the gasket stay in the head so it wouldn't drop or move when I put the head to the cylinder. I've no idea why the gasket goes to the head instead of going stright to the cylinder. It would be so much easier. Anyway here's a pic of the head and the gasket. Sorry for the low quality and my bad english also =)

http://www.motot.net/galleria/showph...0/ppuser/21127

Should I use glue or something? I'm very suspicious about glues. Afraid that it would fuck the gasket up or something.
    Aprilia SR 50 2008 Silver Crowd

can you not use some gasket sealer stuuf, its like a glue but for gaskets and that

My Rides:
    2001 RS125 | 1989 VFR400
    ITS PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

You got to have a dream, If you don't have a dream, How you gonna have a dream come true?

Visit SportsBikesUK.com

apriliaforum Member
    Yeah. That's what I thought. A minor layer of gasket sealor wouldn't do harm. Just ain't sure about that. If that is the only solution... Think I'll have to go for it =)
    Aprilia SR 50 2008 Silver Crowd

apriliaforum Junkie
    Hold it in place with a little grease if you don't have any sealant

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Like KYE said grease, just lightly coat the entire o ring with grease and the o ring will stick to the head in place. I have always done this and it works great. Good Luck