Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Many scooters, one great engine.

apriliaforum newb
    Originally posted by Browni
    8.5-9 sec for a 22 hp scooter?? I think it's a very very bad result, my old EVO AC bike did much more better accelration and it wasn't 22 HP (maximum 15 I think). Iit was untuned+21 mm carb+Shot.
    I think a 22 HP bike can do a very hard accelrartion. With my old AC EVO I used the Shot, because with the Giannelli Shot it was fery fast from 0-60 km/h (1.5-2 sec) but after that it was lazy, but it could do approx. 6.8-7 sec (with standard secondary gears and Malossi primary gears). But the accelration depends from the final gear too 5-5.8 sec isn't impossible!

And here is a bike with only bolt on parts, nothing special:
    http://www.scooterbase.net/scoot.php?ID=15348
    browni,

how are you? its me bluestar., i just want to know how compute the gear ratio for a 400m drag race., i have jog aprio with evo cyl+mhr rhq pin 12+28mm oko+evo gen2+OR kit+delta clutch+safety bell+., standard primary gear with 15/31 secondary gear., with my current set, more on power wheelies and my rider couldnt full throltle it from the starting line.,
    Last edited by bluestar; 11-08-2004 at 10:47 PM.

The fastes accelerating scooter (at least over here) was a De Jager tuned Piaggio NRG, with Air Cooled Evo 70 WITHOUT cooling.

It was made purely for sprinting. It did 0-100km/h in 5.4 or 5.7 (I forgot and the magazine the scooter is in, I can't find it anymore)

And it may sound not so fast, but that's Porsche 911 Turbo acceleration!!
    :: Aprilia Rally ScooterMotard® - Retired ::
    [ Rally ScooterMotard Project Page ]
    [ Scooterbase ]

apriliaforum expert Modular Overrev's Avatar
    back here the quickest 70cc drag scooters run 13seconds @ 1/4mile (no NOS all motor) including my own Yamaha Jog MHR Team/Speed drag racer, we could be a bit short of hp from our counterparts in Holland, Germany & Spain but what we lack in hp we make up for in weight reduction (we even put our riders on a diet ), our scooters may not be the best looking, show winning types but they are very light & fast & they have only one purpose; to win races. Fuction before form.
    JDM 2004 Honda CBR600RR
    Akrapovic Evo full system PC III USB WP 4618 rear shock WP 1508 steering damper Ohlins 0,90 kg/mm fork springs Overrev tuned cartridges Brembo 19 RCS HEL brakelines PF front pads & SBS rear pads DID ERV3 520 chain 15/47 AFAM sprocket Robby Moto quick throttle Euro racing riser plates

2004 Yamaha Aerox R
    Yasuni C21 MHR Team 6T 70cc kit MHR Team crank Stage6 crank bearings PVL inner rotor ignition Keihin PWK28 carb Malossi VL12 reevalve KOSO manifold Polini Evo SS9 vario Malossi ventilvar Bando belt Polini 128mm rear pulley Malossi Delta clutch Malossi Wingbell Polini 15/42 gear kit Malossi RS24 rear shock Aprilia Rally 12" wheels Bridgestone Racing Battlax tires

Originally posted by Modular Overrev
    back here the quickest 70cc drag scooters run 13seconds @ 1/4mile (no NOS all motor) including my own Yamaha Jog MHR Team/Speed drag racer, we could be a bit short of hp from our counterparts in Holland, Germany & Spain but what we lack in hp we make up for in weight reduction (we even put our riders on a diet ), our scooters may not be the best looking, show winning types but they are very light & fast & they have only one purpose; to win races. Fuction before form.
    I like your bikes tiba, they are very small and they have very nice and simple design!

I put my bikes pic to the scooterbase database and all of the dutch guys said it's terrible:, (but it's design is totally original it's nothing interesting)

tiba

Don't you know your bike accelration from 0-100 km/h?
    Last edited by Browni; 11-15-2004 at 09:07 AM.

apriliaforum expert Modular Overrev's Avatar
    nope i really don't know my 70's 0-100kmh acceleration times but what counts is the ET's after the 400m run which really shows how your bike performs. it doesn't matter if you have the highest top speed if you got a slower ET you lose the race.
    JDM 2004 Honda CBR600RR
    Akrapovic Evo full system PC III USB WP 4618 rear shock WP 1508 steering damper Ohlins 0,90 kg/mm fork springs Overrev tuned cartridges Brembo 19 RCS HEL brakelines PF front pads & SBS rear pads DID ERV3 520 chain 15/47 AFAM sprocket Robby Moto quick throttle Euro racing riser plates

2004 Yamaha Aerox R
    Yasuni C21 MHR Team 6T 70cc kit MHR Team crank Stage6 crank bearings PVL inner rotor ignition Keihin PWK28 carb Malossi VL12 reevalve KOSO manifold Polini Evo SS9 vario Malossi ventilvar Bando belt Polini 128mm rear pulley Malossi Delta clutch Malossi Wingbell Polini 15/42 gear kit Malossi RS24 rear shock Aprilia Rally 12" wheels Bridgestone Racing Battlax tires

Quote Originally Posted by Jon / AF1 Racing
    Many different brands of scooters share the water or air cooled minarelli motor found in the SR50, Scarabeo 50, Rally and Mojito. These include the Malaguti Scooters and Yamaha scooters. If we share what we know about the aprilia with other brand owners perhaps we can learn more about these fun bikes.
    Just picked up a new (untitled 02) Malaguti Foggy Replica. Looking forward to put it through its paces! My RSVR has a little sister now!

Quote Originally Posted by RFM
    Just picked up a new (untitled 02) Malaguti Foggy Replica. Looking forward to put it through its paces! My RSVR has a little sister now!
    Who sells Malaguti in Columbus?

Quote Originally Posted by XPADREX
    Who sells Malaguti in Columbus?
    A place called Zoot Scoots in Columbus. The owner's name is Rick, and he knows his scooter stuff. Works on big Aprilia's too.
    You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.

apriliaforum Junkie scootertrog's Avatar
    I know who has a new Ducati Corsa race rep if that model interest you. It's in Missouri.

(It's a couple years old, just never been sold.)

Finally had the time to put it up!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.

apriliaforum Member
    my friend has the same bike.
    in hawaii we ride the fastest street mopeds ( scooters ) in the world.

Fun little bugger that gets almost as much notice as the RSVR!

apriliaforum Member
    lol. it does get attention but its not too small, its really kinda big and its also heavy.
    in hawaii we ride the fastest street mopeds ( scooters ) in the world.

Not too terribly. It feels comfortable at speeds over 60, which it can do on a long stretch with a slight hill. Of course the 70cc kit, the 19mm carb, the Technigas RS, and the Malossi ignition system help that a bit. I take it on roads that have 55 speed limits, and have no problem with being buffeted around.

Minirelli engine scooters

I dont think anyone has mentioned the aprilia sonic scooter which has a minirelli engine in a lc and ac version, mines the lc and i thought i'd mension it does 60mph without a slight hill and down hills it ive had it upto 75mph and its still a 50 with technigas and malossi variator
    Last edited by bado1; 08-31-2005 at 12:35 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast