Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Full Power RS125 vs GSXR 600 (33bhp)

apriliaforum expert Fast as Fu!k's Avatar
    Yer i no, Im telling you now ANY bike whats had a 33bhp restrictor kit fitted PROPERLY will NOT go more than a true 98mph FACT
    Im not saying stu-rs is lieng but its just obviously been fitted incorect if his goin 117mph
    125s Owned :-

Cagiva Mito Evo
    RS 125 2002 GP-1
    Tuono 125 2003
    RS 125 2007

Currently Riding - MX 125 (05)

fast as fuck, you dont know what your on about here

my bike was restrictred to 33bhp by a garage fro 200, certificate states...

restriction device.

2a. device - blade/CAP
    2b. device code - 05 - RJ03 - K25
    2c. device details and dimensions

outer diameter = 44mm
    inner diameter 1 = 15.5mm
    Cap depth = 28.5mm

max net power [KW]/rpm 25KW/9000
    [BHP]/rpm 33BHP/9000
    Max speed MPH/KPH 94/151

they havn't been fitted wrong, you just dont know what your talking about.

mine states 94 max speed, and i saw 117mph on the clock

stu
    Kawasaki zx6r J1 ninja......green
    Yamaha R1 2008....R1 blue

apriliaforum expert
    It might well be the right kit, and it could be fitted correctly.

But Stu, your bike aint 33hp if its beating 60hp 400's.
    My bike (If the link doesnt work, press refresh)

DR73.5,21mm carb+manifold,metrakit exhaust,metrakit clutch,

the tuning my uncle had done and the exhaust mite be making a difference i supose, my but point is that fast as fuck seems to think he invented the 33bph restriction laws, and that he can correctly identify the problem with my bike over the internet.

I might get in contact with my mate dave and get a quick tank cam up the road on the 0-60 speed on the clocks.

stu

apriliaforum expert
    Yep im on your side here stu, but i just think your R6 seems very powerful for 33hp.. getting it dynoed would solve a lot of arguments.
    My bike (If the link doesnt work, press refresh)

DR73.5,21mm carb+manifold,metrakit exhaust,metrakit clutch,

Stu what you going on about, all im doing is stating a FACT any bike with a restricter kit on would not do anymore that 98mph, i belive that ur bike does do 117mph but something is obviously not right, and what diff does it make what ur uncles done 2 ur exhaust? its been restricted to 33bhp so even if ur R6 had a turbo when it was restrited dont mean its going to go any quicker cuz the bhp is still the same

Cagiva Mito Evo
    RS 125 2002 GP-1
    Tuono 125 2003
    RS 125 2007

Left flanking,bags of smoke, on auto lobbin' 'nades
    Stu what you going on about, all im doing is stating a FACT any bike with a restricter kit on would not do anymore that 98mph

Why on earth would that be?

An RS125 with less than 33bhp can break the ton; just. Why shouldnt a restricted bike with 33bhp (or very close to) not do a ton? Not to mention the torque advantage that the R6 would have.
    Today when people talk of "living through hell", it usually means that their appeal against unfair dismissal has been delayed, or the builders next door have been very noisy for several weeks. For the millions of soldiers in the trenches of the First World War, their experiences of Hell on Earth were beyond anything those of us born into Britain's most blessed generation can possibly imagine.

Stu what you going on about,
    exactly what matt said, you are making facts up!

and as for what difference the exhuast + tuning makes, work it out you tard, racing exhuast adds bhp ontop of the standard sized 33bhp plates.

this is getting boring and pointless

stu

My RVF currently 33bhp kills my mates RS in every possible way, and it'll do over 110 in 33bhp form.
    RVF400

to all the restricted riders, you are being sensible, but my hornet is not restricted, i have a loud can on it and was pulled by bacon last week.
    I got a producer, took my licence, MOT and insurance in and the poor guys don't even know what BHP is or who should be restricted and why and how are they going to know if it's restricted or not? Might get caught doing a 140.
    A restricted 600 is still quick and will break the ton, it just takes longer to get there. Theres also the fact that not everyone does rideouts on dragstrips.
    I went for a ride with a daytona 650 a gixxer 1000 and a zrx 1200 they cant get away and i can keep up, theres no fun going flatout down the M1, you can only go so fast round corners.

And for void insurance and blablabla if you're derestricted, how many full power rs125 on cbt claim succesfully on their insurance? It's all bollox really.

And before talking shit i'm a triumph technician and know what i'm talking about, power doesn't mean much on a bike, it's mostly down to rider ability, i'm sure stu would lick my hornet if my sister was riding it.
    And on the seventh day, god went motorcycle racing.

apriliaforum Junkie

33hp

Quote Originally Posted by Fast as Fu!k
    Yer i no, Im telling you now ANY bike whats had a 33bhp restrictor kit fitted PROPERLY will NOT go more than a true 98mph FACT
    Im not saying stu-rs is lieng but its just obviously been fitted incorect if his goin 117mph
    Mate how the hell you came up with this statement i dont know!
    So if a R6 and GSXR are both restricted to 33bhp, and they both had to do bang on 98mph, that wud mean that the gear ratios and the drive ratios would hav to be identical which is never goin to happen.
    http://www.ardracing.com/stock%20images/caveman/a-2girl.gif

Anybody on a restricted bike had it on dyno?

Kickstart Motorcycles | Peter Knight | jap4performance | URL cloaking

01 RS125, JL SS&CF single, 34mm carb, PiperX panel filter, carbon reeds,cdi mod,SS braided hoses, ebc HH pads, 16/39 gearing

Quote Originally Posted by chrisiball
    Mate how the hell you came up with this statement i dont know!
    So if a R6 and GSXR are both restricted to 33bhp, and they both had to do bang on 98mph, that wud mean that the gear ratios and the drive ratios would hav to be identical which is never goin to happen.
    Nope, if you read it says ey will do no more than 98mph that doesnt mean that they will be the exact same, about 5 bike shops and mechanics have told me this and iv also read it in TWO magazine that a restricter kit is designed to make the bike go no faster than a true 98mph, and you still sayin im bullshitting, you make me laugh, What makes you think i would belive you over several bike shops and mechanics who know shit loads about bike and TWO magazine, pmsl

Cagiva Mito Evo
    RS 125 2002 GP-1
    Tuono 125 2003
    RS 125 2007

hold on a second yea.... why would the speedo be out on a 600cc at that speed, i mean its not the RS50 ya know, surely it is reading the correct speed.
    whoud the exhaust tuning on stu's bike possibly give it the ability to make some of the restrictors useless, or at least less restrictive?
    2004 RS50 2004-2006
    2001 RS125
    CMP panel filter, SS&CF JL single , 34mm carb, Power Valve, V-ForceIII
    ARD Race fairings, DB Black Screen, Iridium indicators, Carbon Fibre, Clear Brake Lens, Pro-Bolt
    Funniest thing ive seen on here so far, directed at tomrobbo03.
    Quote Originally Posted by f3ieky
    Listen mate, you're as useful to this board as a 1 legged man in an arse kicking contest so fuck off to the pokemon forums.

I would of though the exhaust would make its worse because the carbs cant flow enough mixture.

Kickstart Motorcycles | Peter Knight | jap4performance | URL cloaking

01 RS125, JL SS&CF single, 34mm carb, PiperX panel filter, carbon reeds,cdi mod,SS braided hoses, ebc HH pads, 16/39 gearing

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast