Page 5 of 142 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: DiTech posse chit chat.....

One thing is for damn certain!

NOBODY can say your reflectors weren't working!
    2002 SR-50 DiTech Corser Replica - Fully De-Restricted
    Polini 70cc Kit with Aluminum Machined Fuel Pressure Regulator Pin
    Malossi Kevlar Belt
    Malossi White Contra Spring
    Polini 2G Clutch
    5.9 Gram Rollers (17 x 12)
    Stock Pipe
    Stock Variator
    Stock Rear Gears

Looks just like mine...and mine is fully restricted too

Nice looking scoot, good luck with it.

I just got back from the dealer who couldn't do a thing with my computer de-restriction due to the fact that they had the old version in their Gameboy (ver 2.7?).

So a call was made to Aprilia and now I get to wait "maybe another week" for them to call me back with an update.

At least I got to see the fabled Gameboy cartridge and wire hook-up. They appreciated all the info I had copied and printed out from this forum for them though. It is amazing how some people can work at an authorized dealer, and yet know so little about the products they sell. Five sales & parts guys staring out the window tonight while I waited...pick up a brochure and learn a bit about your bikes guys! None of them knew ANYTHING about the SR-50. Seriously, no one even knew it had under seat storage. There is only one service guy who knows his shit there, but he is always busy and never able to spend much time with me, very nice guy though...just way over worked.

Pipe and rollers out of stock at Mototek, so it looks liek another week (or so) of driving in the parking lots trying to get through the break in.

More info to follow.

Take care all,
    Kris
    Last edited by kriden; 06-28-2005 at 10:44 PM.

i can only hit 33mph on a good downhill run.

i'm wondering what top speed will be when derestricted. i'll be happy if it can hit at least 45mph without serious push.

apriliaforum Junkie Oz Scooterboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dojostudio
    i can only hit 33mph on a good downhill run.

i'm wondering what top speed will be when derestricted. i'll be happy if it can hit at least 45mph without serious push.
    I can get to 46mph on the flat but my ecu is restricted for australia and should only get to 45mph, im in the process of trying to get the dealer to replace it with the full power ecu which should get to approx 55mph (so ive been told).
    2005 SR50 R Factory (Morini)
    Derestricted with Aussie ECU
    SADLY SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by kriden
    It is amazing how some people can work at an authorized dealer, and yet know so little about the products they sell. Five sales & parts guys staring out the window tonight while I waited...pick up a brochure and learn a bit about your bikes guys! None of them knew ANYTHING about the SR-50.
    U sure you didn`t make a wrong turn somewhere and went to the dealer/importer here cause it really sounds like them

I just had to check

Cheers!!

Flyby
    Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz Scooterboy
    I can get to 46mph on the flat but my ecu is restricted for australia and should only get to 45mph, im in the process of trying to get the dealer to replace it with the full power ecu which should get to approx 55mph (so ive been told).

i'd be content if mine went that fast now. i'm not asking for much, but 30 is ridiculous. otherwise i love it and am completely happy with my purchase. i know it can go faster, but when i get passed by a yamaha zuma i feel awkward

you look at this thing and think it would just kick ass, then you get on it and put it at full throttle and it's kinda 'ghei' :

oh well, i'm taking her in for derestrx at 300 miles on the dot!

i know how you feel, i ran mine for 500kms at 48km/h before i got it derestriced, and be prepared cause when i had mine derestricted the take off speed was slower up to 48km/h then in restricted mode.

I hate it that i know more than my dealer, most things that ive learnt from this forum i mention it to my dealer and they just look at me weird like im from space or something to that extent
    SADLY SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Oz Scooterboy
    i know how you feel, i ran mine for 500kms at 48km/h before i got it derestriced, and be prepared cause when i had mine derestricted the take off speed was slower up to 48km/h then in restricted mode.

I hate it that i know more than my dealer, most things that ive learnt from this forum i mention it to my dealer and they just look at me weird like im from space or something to that extent

no kidding, man. i know exactlly what you mean.

i know they work on bikes and all, but i also know that they're probably not all that in tune with a DiTech engine. it's difficult to give a mechanic advice, they almost tend to take offense rather than be humble and understanding.

this forum is a blessing. and everyone on here is a great help.

We should all quit our jobs and start out own "virtual dealership". I'll get a warehouse and arrange the shipping, OZ gets the Agip oil and the new computers, the rest of you guys handle sales (eBay) and tech support...it could happen.

I couldn't agree with all of you guys more!! Especially this quote from OZ Sooterboy...
    I hate it that I know more than my dealer, most things that I have learned from this forum i mention it to my dealer and they just look at me weird like im from space or something to that extent

When I was talking to the guys yesterday and my "Joke-lership" you'd think I was Tom Cruise talking about Katie Holmes or something…maybe I should have climbed on a sofa and screamed.

Right now the fastest I can go is 33 MPH on the straight. Forget hills, nothing above 18 MPH. Acceleration has picked up a bit as I now have 35 miles on the odometer, but the engine just is really gasping for the leash to be cut. I am thinking of turning the speedo back to kMh just so my ego can not be so hurt since the numbers would be higher. It is a joke and again, dangerous, but I will be patient, I knew this was only a 50cc and it would be like this due to restrictions etc, but what really pisses me off is these dealers who know NOTHING. I figured maybe a week or two to get it dialed in but now it looks like another month. Although Mototek did email me and said the pipe will be in on July 13th …and Jay did say it would be compatible with the 2006 Morini.

They (the dealership) told me specifically that they had everything they needed to de-restrict it via the Gameboy and not to worry...but they really have no clue about this model. They claim to have a "kit" consisting of a pipe, rollers and a clutch that they have been using on other SR-50s. But NO one could tell me the price and then they couldn't find it in the back. Let alone whether they knew if it would work on the 2006 SR-50 (which it wouldn't) you think I'm gonna let these jokers work on my scooter? I just had to laugh.

Of course the whole ride over to the "dealer" people were asking what I was driving and giving compliments. The styling is dead on for what I wanted so I just have to be patient and take it as it comes. But it is killing me that I can't ride it most places and it has to sit while the price of gas climbs up to over $2.37 USD a gallon.

I have been reading the posts from OZ, and I really feel for you. Hang in there; I hope something can be worked out for your ride.

Thanks yet again to anyone reading this post. You all are the BEST!!! I can’t thank you all enough for the help, support and general camaraderie.

Take care,
    Kris

if anyone has a gameboy with a ditech cartridge for sale...i've got money

New Avatar

I have changed my avatar to better reflect my feelings while riding my restricted SR-50

apriliaforum expert Dragster pilota's Avatar

Back in biz again....

Ciao Scootisti...

After 4 days alternating between a 05 Harley Street Rod & a 05 BMW K 1200 S I feel like I'm a verry lucky dude beeing able to borrow and drive 2 such real hot bikes. The Harley is a blast, power and torque to pull the Queen Mary and a chassi that's so-so but nothing real upsetting while the Beemer is a monster bike, power to pull it close to 300kph and handling like no other bike, a bit to large for med and my GF just hated the size of it "wayyyyy to big" but since she's used to the compact Aprilia Moto 6.5 I understand her. But we had a blast and did some 200-400km every day during 4 days, fun fun fun.....

Had a birthday on monday (woun't say how much) and it got wayyy wet, a bunch of friends and bikers in The Flying 8-ball Bar with beer, wine and J.D, had a blast but tuesday morning was not as much fun. This last weekend was Midsummer here in Sweden a holliday celebrated with pickled herring and large amount of vodka, also quite fun, so this weekend the bikes & scoots got a rest. On tuesday my high-milage (230.000km) 2000 Audi A8 4.2 Litre long version arrived from Germany and last nite I just had to see how it was doing so I went for a blast for some 6 hours, it was not as worn as I had suspected, the car was pretty tight for that milage, I even went for an all-out-run and saw 260kph on the speedo, not bad at all. Now it will be shiped of to my painter (PellePlast) for a flat black paint job then it will be pinstriped by a "local hero", not yet decided on the rims but I feel like a set of Colorado Customs "Hailbrand Knock-off Kidney Beans" could work with a 60's Kustom look with lakes pipes, dummy spots and Mooneyes stuff, old-school A8?!?!?!?!

Right now the moped & bike biz here at Starol Racing has picked up to a fever pitch, we deliver 4-5 scoots every day and almost one big bike every week and this is what's fun with working in this biz, selling, driving & servicing bikes & scoots, I just love this life......

DP says: My lawn is now a djungle.......

Quote Originally Posted by Dragster pilota
    Ciao Scootisti...

After 4 days alternating between a 05 Harley Street Rod & a 05 BMW K 1200 S I feel like I'm a verry lucky dude beeing able to borrow and drive 2 such real hot bikes. The Harley is a blast, power and torque to pull the Queen Mary and a chassi that's so-so but nothing real upsetting while the Beemer is a monster bike, power to pull it close to 300kph and handling like no other bike, a bit to large for med and my GF just hated the size of it "wayyyyy to big" but since she's used to the compact Aprilia Moto 6.5 I understand her. But we had a blast and did some 200-400km every day during 4 days, fun fun fun.....

Had a birthday on monday (woun't say how much) and it got wayyy wet, a bunch of friends and bikers in The Flying 8-ball Bar with beer, wine and J.D, had a blast but tuesday morning was not as much fun. This last weekend was Midsummer here in Sweden a holliday celebrated with pickled herring and large amount of vodka, also quite fun, so this weekend the bikes & scoots got a rest. On tuesday my high-milage (230.000km) 2000 Audi A8 4.2 Litre long version arrived from Germany and last nite I just had to see how it was doing so I went for a blast for some 6 hours, it was not as worn as I had suspected, the car was pretty tight for that milage, I even went for an all-out-run and saw 260kph on the speedo, not bad at all. Now it will be shiped of to my painter (PellePlast) for a flat black paint job then it will be pinstriped by a "local hero", not yet decided on the rims but I feel like a set of Colorado Customs "Hailbrand Knock-off Kidney Beans" could work with a 60's Kustom look with lakes pipes, dummy spots and Mooneyes stuff, old-school A8?!?!?!?!

Right now the moped & bike biz here at Starol Racing has picked up to a fever pitch, we deliver 4-5 scoots every day and almost one big bike every week and this is what's fun with working in this biz, selling, driving & servicing bikes & scoots, I just love this life......

DP says: My lawn is now a djungle.......

my b-day was monday also ;-)
    happy b-day

Quote Originally Posted by kriden
    I have changed my avatar to better reflect my feelings while riding my restricted SR-50

love your avatar
    SADLY SOLD

Thanks

Thanks

Yeah, I think that about sums it up...happy, but moving very slow and looking a little foolish.

Spoke with my dealer yesterday and they have to send their old gameboy cart back to Aprilia USA in Georgia and then Aprilia will send them the new cart with ver 2.8.whatever. So we'll see.

Big Live 8 weekend here in Philadelphia, we are all in DEFCON 4 mode around here. There is a pretty big annual scooter rally here that weekend as well that I was hoping to attend but due to the restriction of the scooter and the mess of all the other activties looks like I'll pass. Being in the "Birthplace of Freedom" around July 4th can be very hectic.

More info if someone is bored and wants to read about it:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/HostileCitySC/

Take care all,

Kris

Page 5 of 142 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast