Page 4 of 143 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: DiTech posse chit chat.....

Get a pipe, Pete. A good pipe would have got you to about the same top speed without 70cc kit, Multivar, special gears, etc... You may have a little better acceleration, but the pipe does a lot for that also.

apriliaforum prov-nov

I had a pipe fitted...

Hi Tim,

And I've still got it hanging from the garage wall.... It's a Gianelli Reverse. I haven't tested it back to back with the stock pipe using my current setup but when I did test it I felt the stock was giving me very slightly better performance... Plus the stock is a lot quieter but still hardly quiet compared to other scoots w/ stock pipes... I'm gonna wait a bit before I spend any more money on pipes. The Jolly Moto (?) pipe posted on another thread actually looked as if it were designed for the ditech and I believe the internals of the Polini for race pipe are similar? Forget who mentioned that but it was mentioned on this forum. So I believe that there is performance gains to be had with aftermarket pipes on the ditech but not from my Gianelli at least and certainly not of the same order as on carbied bikes...

Pete

Another newbie here in the USA

Hello all, great forum. You guys are great. I just took delivery of my 2006 SR-50 Factory DITECH. What a great scooter...however the restrictions are driving me nuts. I canít wait until the computer is freed from the code that holds it back and my new pipe arrives. Anything would help this very slow machine, but the the technology in this thing is awesome.

I work in the healthcare field just outside of Philadelphia. I am a person who likes to tinker and a past hobby has included buying older Honda scooters (Elites CH150D) and refurbishing them. I have done four total rebuilds and now just want to ride a great, new and advanced scooter like the SR-50

Hope everyone has a great summer.

I will welcome any and all advice regarding de-restricting and improving this great ride.

Take care,

Kris
    Last edited by kriden; 06-27-2005 at 08:13 AM.

apriliaforum Junkie Oz Scooterboy's Avatar
    Welcome Kriden, hope all goes well with your new wheels!
    2005 SR50 R Factory (Morini)
    Derestricted with Aussie ECU
    SADLY SOLD

Welcome, Kriden! Did you mean that you've already ordered a pipe for your R Factory?

If it's a Morini motor (what the previous model had), you could be ok. It seems that the majority of the new Ditechs that have come to the US so far are this type. Otherwise, nobody in the know around here has got the word on any pipes for the newly designed Ditech with the 'heavily modified Piaggio PureJet engine'(we've been waiting). As you probably know, the pipe needs to be specially designed for the scoot for it to do much good. I'm hoping somebody didn't just sell you one and say "oh yeah, it will fit".

Thanks for the info.

I spoke to the dealer as well as emailing Jay @ Mototek. I told Jay exactly what I had and the problems I was experiencing with the restrictions. He suggested the Arrow pipe. We sent several emails back and forth so I hope this is the correct pipe, he seemed to know everything about my scooter.

I'll keep you updated ,

Thanks again,

Kris

Jay Bernard has always been a very helpful resource to Aprilia scooter enthusiasts here in the US. As far as the Arrow pipe goes, I'm not quite so sure. I think he may have suggested one for me once, but it seems that the comments on the Arrow pipes in here haven't been that great. Ask around here or search on 'Arrow pipes', but I think that the Leo Vince pipes may give you a bit better performance. AF1 actually did some dyno testing on the Leo Vince and Gianelli pipes that were made for the Ditech.

(I have a Leo Vince S)

Thanks. That is why I ask. Where did you get your pipe and how much was it?

This whole de-restricting thing is so hard to follow sometimes...

What model do you have...what TYPE of motor is in it...which version of the software...what size spring...which rollers...my God, my head is going to explode. I just want a scooter that can get me to work and back in once piece and not take as long as Columbus's voyage.

Looks like Mototek is closed today so I will keep trying to get hold of Jay. I went through similar stuff last year when I owned a Vento Phantom. That was an underpowered piece of junk that nobody knew about except the forum folks. I was lucky to be able to sell that, but now I fear I will be spending more time talking about and moding my SR50 than riding it.

Jay did seem like an upstanding guy and really knew his shit so I will put my faith in him and his pipe/rollers when they arrive. But for now I'll be praying the dealer can do something tomorrow via the gameboy de-restricting so I can ride this thing more. I am serious; I canít even go down the street because it is such a dog. Forget about any hills. How can I get through the break-in when I canít ride it anywhere and let the miles add up?

It is so damn cool though ainít it? What a great looking scooter and I love the design that went into it and the attention to detail. I only wish they made a 125cc version or even an 80cc.

Oh well...

Thanks for the reply...happy scootering out there.

Kris
    Last edited by kriden; 06-27-2005 at 02:31 PM.

Compared to that Vento, software upgrade to development mode and removing the restricting washer will probably make you content for a while with no pipe or roller change.

I got the Leo Vince S from AF1 for about $179--Jay has them too, but his profit margin is probably better on the Arrows

I then paid $75 to get it chromed so it wouldn't rust. The Leo S is supposed to be a little quieter than the ZX, with about the same performance. AF1 sells a Leo Vince ZX already chromed for $199.

http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scrip...idproduct=1480

That Vento was a real experience. Wow, I was one of the lucky who got the 125cc engine but was told I was buying a 150cc. Man what a joke. It looked good though and had some nice features, but you really do get what you pay for and that is why I was very excited about the wife/accountant approving my massive step up to the Aprilia. That is why I just want to get it de-restricted and "upgrade" so I can get back to some REALLY enjoyable riding. I am nervous after reading all of these posts and seeing all the "stuff" that is out there for these scooters, but my God did I mention how cool this thing is?

The dash alone is worth the aggravation. And I love what some guys have done to theirs in terms of moding etc.

Nice pipe you've got there by the way. I am sure your ride is very nice and I can't wait to get to that point with my SR 50.

Take care,

Kris

The Reverse seems to have the more gradual widening of the expansion chamber like the Jolly Moto; I wonder if this is any different from the Reverse sold for previous Ditechs. I believe dam718 tried the Reverse on his old Ditech and didn't like it.

Smile

Welcome Kriden and glad you have joined us...

One thing I would like to mention (which I normally do for new comers) is to read... There is a ton of info on this forum... Most everyone here is very helpful, but it gets very tiresome holding everyones hand through simple things that have been covered many times. So I am going to try and point you in the right direction for starts and get your education under way. There is a lot to read, but if you take a little time and go through all of it, it is a good start to getting to know your way around a ditech motor, things you need to know and really should be familiar with and so on...

Some of these are sticky threads, but even the ones that are have been revised a bit on my website:
    http://scootnfast.com/scootnfast/Tun...estricting.htm
    http://scootnfast.com/scootnfast/Tun...ansmission.htm
    http://scootnfast.com/scootnfast/Gen...h_Ins_Outs.htm
    http://scootnfast.com/scootnfast/Gen...ng_Ditechs.htm
    http://scootnfast.com/scootnfast/General/Ditech_Fix.htm

Now if you are going to be doing any tuning since you say you like to tinker with things like this for a hobby, then read on here:
    http://scootnfast.com/scootnfast/Tun...ance_Parts.htm
    http://scootnfast.com/scootnfast/Tun...o_big_bore.htm
    http://scootnfast.com/scootnfast/Tuning_mods/Reeds.htm
    http://scootnfast.com/scootnfast/Tun...tra_change.htm

Now if you read everything, you should be a bit more familiar with your scoot and have a better idea for de-restricting and such... Don't forget, if you have any questions about the stuff you read, feel free to ask.

Hope you enjoy the forum and again welcome to the community!
    02' SR Ditech - 03' Mojito Retro - 04' Mojito Custom

Visit Scootnfast.com for lots of scooter tuning tutorials and information!

ExTremE ScoOTeRs-
    ModIFied fOr PerFoRManCe!!!

Thanks

Wow, that is great. I really appreciate you taking the time to do all that you do for the forum. I have actually read through most of those items already and I am glad to be able to thank the author personally now...good stuff.

I was unable to get the pdf file regarding the service bulletin for the condensate issue. I copied it here:

"This service bulletin was issued by Aprilia 06/08/2005...

Dear Dealer. in case excessive condensate is generated in the compressed air system, it is possible to install the condensate drain kit (no. 8276090). This change drains the compressed air tank on fuel-rail upon every vehicle switch-off, thus preventing condensate to be accumulated for example in case of frequent start-ups, use of the vehicle for short trips and at low speed

Talk to your dealer about this if you have these problems and also print out this .pdf and bring it with you, see it/download it HERE."
    When I click on the hyperlink "Here" I get a message that the page cannot be found. Not sure if you knew that.

Heading to the dealer tonight and I will mention this Service Bulletin to him and see what he can do. I am taking it in to have the Gameboy de-restrict performed (hopefully). The new pipe and rollers are on the way (hopefully). Still trying to ride scooter to get more miles. Funny story...had a race with my daughter (8 years old) on her Razor scooter (foot powered). She beat me off the line but I was able to just passed her at the finish. This poor SR-50 is screaming to be freed.

Thanks again. to ALL of you guys out there. What a great forum!

Kris
    Last edited by kriden; 06-28-2005 at 08:47 AM.

The dealer probably won't install the dryer unless you are having problems.

here's the sr50, but totally restricted...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 4 of 143 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast